Thread: Opinion on 14.7 notes

Post Opinion on 14.7 notes

GUI changes

Shop prices above 10 millions will now show as "xM" in the shop, where M means million. E.g. a price of 123 456 789 will display as "123M". The price will still be displayed fully in the info window (shift + left click on the icon).

Unsure - are we talking about the little price on the icon window or the subtotal at the bottom of the trade gump here? If the first, then this is understandable, since there's not enough room for more than about 6 digits there. Subtotal should still display the correct price...can we have this confirmed please?

You will now get a pop-up box asking you to confirm when you use the /terminate command.

Presumably to stop pet owners from meaning to type /pet termiante and hitting /terminate instead - and a newbie protection.

Getting blinded (e.g. by nanos) now effectively turns the action window black, and the effect can’t be removed in the settings. Also, the visual effect of the Low Light Targeting Scope can no longer be turned off.

An overdue change on blinds. It was something of a joke that *blind* targets still saw perfectly. Of course, this doesn't say if /follow will let the AI take over and run you right up to the target regardless of if you're blind, sighted or are having your eyes looked after by a leet.

Also, will we see AI melee mobs groping about because they can't find their targets?

Not so sure on the LLTS being bundled in with the changes though. It would make sense that those scopes have the option to turn the night vision off but leave the targeting features on.

Game system changes

Recharge timers are now affected by modified initiative skill, not just base initiative skill.

Affected how? Does this apply to nanos as well?

Very high initiative ratings (1200+) will now have less speed effect on attack, nano execution and recharge timers per skill point.

Again, what's the extent of effect? Come on, give us numbers here - will it tail off in proportion to the second power - third, fourth, whatever?

If a pet's master leaves the PvP area while the pet is fighting with another player, the pet will stop fighting and enter follow mode.

Kill the owner (or force him to zone) and you disable the pet. Not sure on this, but I'd prefer it if the pet followed the last order it was given.

World changes

Tir Grid terminal moved to outside the south gate of Tir, and Omni-1 Trade Grid terminal moved to the north side of the playfield. New grid terminals placed in Old Athen and Borealis.

The bank terminal near the middle of Omni-1 Trade has been removed.

I'll handle these together. The Omni-1 Trade changes, I regard as overkill. The combination of bank, whompa and grid made things very laggy, certainly...but shifting both bank and grid destroys a very, very useful meeting and trading place. Thus forcing load onto the Ent BB. I'd say move the grid and keep the bank to begin with...

Due to more people joining in on the notum extraction, certain powerful individuals have lost some of their power, and have been tweaked somewhat.

So, who got tweaked? Ian Warr springs to mind - anyone else?

Several items to get rid of enemy nano programs (e.g. root and snare) running in your NCU have been added.

Availability? Presumably boss loot, but that business with Efnraam's toolkit and Izzy's Codex has left a bad taste in the mouth.

Sentinels and Omni-AF armour is now available.

Again, how do we get it? Presumably as boss loot. Maybe as rollable mission loot as well - after all, the whole idea of both the solo and the team terminals is doing the various power groups on RK a favour for rewards.

A merchant has set up a trade in special melee weapons. He's no city dweller, so you might have to look around for him.

Will hold comment until I've found him. What happened to Arul Saba, by the way?

The new tower and vehicle shops are now operational, but you need the booster pack to be able to trade with them.

No surprise here.

Nano crystal (Edge of the Buccaneer) is now available in Enforcer nano program shops.

I'l look this buff up before I comment.

The Nano Programming buffs for Nano Technicians are now available, as outdoor camp boss loot.

What FC would only say on the NT board: Contrary to the last patch notes, they weren't actually available. They wern't in the emegrency patch either. Hence my constant banging on about availability so far.

HSR Hedgehog 23 Throwing Grenades are now available in Advanced and Superior shops.

Remember kiddies: When you pull the pin, Mr. Grenade is NOT YOUR FRIEND!

Nano changes

Engineers, Bureaucrats and Meta Physicists have received pet buffs which increase the pets' attack rating. Each of these professions has their own nano line for this.

AVAILABILITY, people! Beyond that, I leave it to the specific professions to comment on the nanos.

There has been a change to the way root, snare and mesmerise programs work (note that only the pure mesmerize nanos were changed, while the adventurer versions did not change).

Suspected translation: Crats, NTs and Traders have been nerfed.

I have a sick feeling about this: It can't be good, they're not giving us the specifics. Actually, I know it isn't good, mainly from Stratics and a couple of friends on the beta server. Think Level -based resistance bonus.

The chance of a root or snare being broken has been reduced. For snares, this reduction is a dramatic one (the chances of breaking a snare through a normal attack are typically under 10%). This affects the programs being broken by normal attacks, by nano-damage attacks, and by debuffs. The chance that the root or snare will be broken by a debuff is now under 10% (and gets close to 0% for the highest level versions). Some professions' programs are harder to break than others’.

Will want to see how this works in practice. I note that it doesn't say what happens if a rooted character is attacked, merely debuffed.

Nano Technician and Bureaucrat mesmerize programs now have a chance that they will not be broken by debuffs (they still break 100% of the time when any damage is inflicted, however). Low level mesmerise will still be broken by debuffs often, but the highest level versions will rarely, if ever, be broken just by a debuff.

No relevance in PvM, but see below.

To allow mesmerise nanos to be somewhat useful in PvP they will now also debuff the initiatives of the target at the same time. Of course, if the mesmerise is broken by an attack, the initiative debuff will go away at the same time.

So we can init debuff them...just so long as *nobody* then attacks them. Those init debuffs had better be stonkers.

To make it so that low level roots, snares and mesmerise programs cannot be used effectively on high level players or monsters, the level of the target is now used in the defensive rolls of these nanos. You will now have to use a higher-level version to be able to land the nano effectively on a high level player/monster. To slightly counteract this addition, the amount of Nano Resist used in the defensive calculations was reduced by 10%.

Several lines of programs for battling roots and snares have been added. The professions gaining these are Agent, Bureaucrat, Fixer, Nano Technician and Trader. Bureaucrats, Engineers and Meta Physicists also get such programs for use on their pets only.

Enforcers get Rage, which jacks NR to impressive levels. MAs get their new attack. This would seem to leave Docs and Soldiers high and dry.

Hitting yourself with an offensive nano program to remove hostile nano programs from your NCU no longer works.

See what I mean?

Bug fixes

The visual bug where you appear to stand up when using e.g. a treatment lab has been fixed.

Nice, but insignificant.

New characters will now enter the arrival hall with full health and nano pool.

Nice, but insignificant.

"Map - Newland City and Desert" can now be used even if you have one of the maps uploaded.

Nice.

May Fly grenades will now retain their correct quality level when primed (readied for use).

Should have been caught in 14.6 beta - and certianly in 14.6.1.

CAS Symbiotic Armour Helmet now correctly uses Stamina and Strength as requirements, like the rest of the armour set.

As Mayfly.

Right wrist implants now have their old, correct icons back, and no longer look a lot like eye implants.

As Mayfly.

[i]Boosted Hellfury Assault Cannon has had its Burst requirement corrected. [i]

As Mayfly.

Cloaking Devices no longer damage you after you have taken them off.

As Mayfly.

Your attack rating now updates properly in the Stats Window.

Nice. Truthfully, I hadn't noticed the update wasn't being properly done, but that shows how much attention I pay.

You should now be able to jump as normal in all indoor playfields.

Has the "jump through the roof" bug been fixed?

Having a Unique item force-moved to your bank from a backpack no longer shuffles your bank.

No comment here, or I go off on a rant. Nice that this is fixed though.

A corpse will no longer become impossible to loot when a member leaves the team during the fight.

Oookay....

The Rider Signet Ring now applies its bonuses properly.

Should have been caught in an earlier patch.

Adventurer

Because of PvP abuse, the execution time on the "other" version (e.g. "Sparrow Flight (Other)") of the reet morphing nano programs has been increased a lot.

Fair enough on the increase, but increased to...what? Specifics, AGAIN!

Bureaucrat

Speeches will now give the first pulse on execution instead of waiting 20 seconds.

I leave the crats to comment fully on this. Seems good to me though.

Charmed mobs now feel an intense hatred towards their former master, and are very likely to attack as soon as they are released.

Crat nerf! Again, I'll leave the crats to comment fully.

Engineer

Auras will now give the first pulse on execution instead of waiting 20 seconds.

See crat auras.

Enemies blinded with a blind aura will now have a black cloud effect around their head, allowing you to see who's affected.

Nice change.

Martial Artist

Added a new Martial Arts special attack, called "Upon a Wave of Summer", existing at QL50-300. It uses riposte as main skill. It clears all Same QL snares and roots, and has a chance to stun the opponent. You will get a Run Speed and Nano Resist boost for ten seconds to either close with the opponent, or run away. It also snares the opponent up to 20 meters away.

Availability, availability, availability. How many times do I have to say this?

Nano Technicians

Added new PvP direct damage nano programs that are designed specifically to take out Fixers in Grid Armour.

Oookay...considering that the last new nanos NTs got weren't actually available, that two of the nanos from the patch 14.5.1 haven't been found yet, and that I've been banging on about this in my comments so far....WHAT'S THE AVAILABILITY OF THESE NANOS?

And again, I come back to my other pet peeve: SPECIFICS: How are these nanos supposed to be good at taking out GA Fixers?

I realise that one of the reasons FC expects us to manage with only vague patch notes is to give the explorers something to explore.

However, this approach has, at least recently, backfired rather badly, especially in the case of two nano crystals: Enfraam's Toolkit and Izgimmer's Living Codex.

These nanos were introduced in the patch notes for 14.6, without mention of their availability - where they could be found. In this respect, it was per standard FC doctrine.

However, it emerged after a few days that the two nanos were, in fact, not in the game. An error in the loot tables had slipped through testing.

I suspect that the reason it had gotten through test is that the testers didn't know where to look for these crystals. (The alternatives being the FC knew about the bug and decided not to fix it, or that the testers knew and didn't report it to FC.)

FC, would it be too much to ask for the specifics on new items and rules to be officially published? There are good reasons for it:

1) Total disclosure of new additions/changes to game gives the testers a definite standard to test the beta builds against. If, say, item X is available through mission loot rolls, but nobody can get it that way then with DISCLOSURE people know this and it could be flagged as a bug. Under the current BAD setup, nobody knows if this is a bug or if the item is meant to be a really rare drop (like Nullity 2 or GA 4).

2) Total disclosure of new additions/changes would also ease the whole playerbase's mind about these changes. People dislike the unknown.

Also, why isn't 14.7 on test live? Surely increasing the tester base is a good thing? Right? I mean, it couldn't possibly be that the bean counters have nailed the devs to a Thanksgiving/Christmas deadline and they're running out of time...could it?

And again, I come back to my other pet peeve: SPECIFICS: How are these nanos supposed to be good at taking out GA Fixers?
    it only does damage to GA fixers...something like 2k-4k (1k-2k pvp). it also kills the fixer's long-term HoT, and makes them unable to recast for 30 seconds or so. it's also instacast, or just about, and can be chain cast. you could kill a GA fixer in under 10 seconds.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

Re: Opinion on 14.7 notes

Originally posted by Avarael
    The bank terminal near the middle of Omni-1 Trade has been removed.

I'll handle these together. The Omni-1 Trade changes, I regard as overkill. The combination of bank, whompa and grid made things very laggy, certainly...but shifting both bank and grid destroys a very, very useful meeting and trading place. Thus forcing load onto the Ent BB. I'd say move the grid and keep the bank to begin with...
    I agree... definately overkill. I would vote for removing the bank, but keep grid and whompha together.

But like I said in the rooted thread: this is only fighting against the symptoms, not the problem.

The problem arrose in the 14.6 patch. Before that Trade was fine, so instead of destroying a great place to do trade, why don't you FC, fix the things you broke in 14.6 instead
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Avarael
    [i]GUI changes

If a pet's master leaves the PvP area while the pet is fighting with another player, the pet will stop fighting and enter follow mode.

Kill the owner (or force him to zone) and you disable the pet. Not sure on this, but I'd prefer it if the pet followed the last order it was given.

I believe the follow command will make the bot zone with the master or warp back to reclaim with the master.

Also, why isn't 14.7 on test live? Surely increasing the tester base is a good thing? Right? I mean, it couldn't possibly be that the bean counters have nailed the devs to a Thanksgiving/Christmas deadline and they're running out of time...could it?

it was tested on the NW server which I think it a good idea since funcom treats test like RK4 instead of a test server, until they change that mind set expect bad patches to come from that test server.

~aqua

Not so sure on the LLTS being bundled in with the changes though. It would make sense that those scopes have the option to turn the night vision off but leave the targeting features on.

LLTS have had their nightvision removed, so this is a non-issue.

Affected how? Does this apply to nanos as well?

The initiative fix has been talked about forever. No it doesn't affect nanos; it just allows modifiers beyond the IP you spend to affect weapon recharge.

Again, what's the extent of effect? Come on, give us numbers here - will it tail off in proportion to the second power - third, fourth, whatever?

I'd prefer if FC never EVER released exact 'numbers' on how their formulas work. Part of the fun of this game has been watching the players figure out how all the different parts of the game worked. I still remember arguing with people about what the number in parenthesis on weapon damage was or whether recharge was part of your attack cycle or the time it took to reload your weapon.

This fix is to prevent pet owners from telling their pet to attack, then fleeing to a 75% area. It has little to do with their zoning or dying.

The Omni-1 Trade changes, I regard as overkill. The combination of bank, whompa and grid made things very laggy, certainly...but shifting both bank and grid destroys a very, very useful meeting and trading place.

The bank and grid move in Trade "kills" the grouping in Trade just like the changes in the last few patches have killed the grouping in BY5 of Tir. These things happen because there are more people in the game and these large groups were making the game much more laggy.

Ditching the quotes from here on out, because as a whole, you'll have to play with the new changes to get a feel for how they work. The mes/root level addition is good for PvP because it keeps people from using low cost low level nanos to harass their opponents. If one profession seems to have a distinct disadvantage in one regard or another, that's because this is no longer a solo PvP game. You should plan on having support classes for everything you're not able to do yourself, or you'll be dead and you'll deserve it.

14.7.1.0 is on Test. Maybe you should go play it.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

So if there's no visual effect on the LLTS, why bother putting in a patch note saying that it couldn't be turned off? *shrug*

As for patching up to 14.7.1.1 - doing it now. Thanks for letting me know about that...because the www.anarchyonline.com frontpage still has a dash on its version number - indicating that there's no testing going on there. No way most people will find out about that if the website isn't updated

Of course, when I do get onto Test Live, I'll be able to tell what's a bug and what's intended without complete patch notes. After all, someone checked that Izgimmer's Living Codex and Enfraam's Toolkit were actually available by the intended route...right?

After all, how can testers check if systems are working as designed when they don't have the full design?

I wonder if I'll ever get as negative about this game as you are...

If I do, I'll probably just stop playing it.
    Archelan, Ancarim Iron Legion

Vandreren (Adventurer) - Arctech (Engineer) - Egori (Fixer) - Sherringham (Bureaucrat) - Kurtwood (Trader)