Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In regards to MAs complaining about their new skill

Post In regards to MAs complaining about their new skill

I'm not gonna generalize MAs cause i know many cool MAs out there, but i have to agree with Helsinki.

MAs are STILL a very viable class in pvp and kick ass in pvm, and some of the most *****y people are MAs. MAs used to kick almost every class's behind, and now they have the same chance to lose as everyone else, and all of a sudden they're all quitting or cancelling. All I can say is wow some MAs were VERY spoiled. Welcome to the club. Have you ever played an engie or agent and pvp'd with it at higher levels?

If a class has 50% chance of winning against other professions overall it's good, it's average. As a high level agent I say I have about 50% chance of winning in a fair self-buffed duel. Before, MAs had 90% chance of winning, now they have around 50-60%, and all of a sudden the big whiners come out.

Again, i'm not generalizing MAs, but I've seen a LOT of immature MAs complain and whine recently and the only thing I can think of is that they're pretty spoiled.

Here let me put this into perspective. As a rooting class myself, I get N-O-T-H-I-N-G that can instantly break a root/snare. I get a really long-casting nano that SHORTENS the time on those root/snares. If i had to raise parry (I think parry is to agent as riposte is to MA) to have access to an insta-breaking/enemy snaring/run-buffing/nano-resisting skill, you bet your ass I would max it and implant it.

Same goes for certain GA fixers, but that's besides the point so I'll save it for another time.
    Monstajugga
    Agent
    RK-1

We're complaining and whining because we are desperate.

Noone is talking about PvM here, MA's do very well there. But MA's still being viable in PvP? Have you fought a MA in PvP after 14.6? Try it. I will bet some cash you will be amazed and go "uh, but you do great damage in PvM dude, aint you buffed?"

Personally, I've tried buffing myself to hell and yonder and I'm still unable to outdamage an enforcers reflects in PvP. Same goes for Advs. A doc's DoT's alone will outdamage a MA. I simply cannot, however special stuff/buffs/implants I get my hands on do enough melee damage to stop the opponent from laughing. There's nothing MA's can do about it other then to ask FC to have a look at the problem and change some of the game mechanics to solve it.

The point of having to raise Riposte is indeed mote, I'm sure MA's can spare some IP's for it. That we're upset by it is because it's one of MA's green broken skills that has no other benefits except this new attack. Basically, we want it fixed so it might be some form of use.

The basic problem however is that even if a MA gets close to his opponent, he will die almost as helpless as if he was rooted 40 meters away. I aint kidding.

Personally I doubt that I will PvP with my MA until something is done... and it's a darn shame methinks. Tower under attack? I'll log and get to the fight with an alt, because I will be much much better use with any other profession.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Dave said it well, I will try to not prove your point as for us beeing immature whiners, I just want to point out that alot of us struggled for a long time with minimum damage, only getting in pickup-teams because of UVC/LMA.

I would really like the names of the MA's you have been having trouble beating, so I can ask them for some tips on what I can do myself (I mean this).

As for the new attack....it's (of course) broken. Locks skill for over 3 minutes and thats the only effect it has atm. Hopefully it won't take 14 months to fix this one (as where the case with 90% of the other MA attacks)

Even if it did work, what good is breaking a root every 3 min (and have a NR buff for 10 seconds) ?..please enlighten me, cause I honestly have no clue. In those 10 seconds I *might* be able to run up to rooter and get 2 hits in before he roots me again and runs out of melee range. So...thats 300 dmg (or 1200 in the very unlikely event that one of those hits is a crit) every 3 min.

I won't cancel....yet.. have too many friends still here, and there is still some fun to be had with my MA in PvM (where we are really good )..but as far as PvP is concerned, we're utterly destroyed.

and FYI, we did not kick everyones ass pre-14.6.

I've fought a few MA's in 14.6, and to me, they are as tough as they have always been :P
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Yes I did fight MAs post 14.6. The detail of how the fights went are besides the point. The point is that MAs are still just as viable as most other professions.

I honestly believe most MAs are spoiled in the sense that they're not used to dying, and now that they have 40-50% chance of dying in pvp like most other professions, they feel like they've been nerfed worse than any other class.

Let's put it this way. Fixers, especially GA4, are pretty much impossible to kill unless you 1.gangbang them 2.are a trader/NT. Fixers in GA4 are not used to dying. Now let's say one day FC nerfed the GA4 to the level of GA3 (which in my honest opinion is the way it should be, but that's another story). Now fixers will be pissed that instead of being able to stay alive 90% of the time, it's now 60% of the time. Even in GA3, their HoTs/evades/DMS is good enough to outlive the opponent 60% of the time, yet since they've been spoiled w/ GA4, GA3 will seem really bad to them and they will start to cancel their accounts like those MAs.

Same with MAs. Yes MAs lose more crit% than other classes, but other classes had their crits halved as well. As an analogy, many MAs have effectively gone from GA4 to GA3 and can't stand the way they can be killed more often now.

Every class is bound to feel gimped because they usually only notice the weaknesses, and take the strengths for granted. Agents and crats look at the new MA skill and think, that's not fair they're going to break my root, snare me to hell and kick my butt. MAs think, the recharge on it should be faster/it requires riposte!

If the new MA skill had, say 10second shutdown, MAs will go back to being GA4-mode. The new skill gives them a better chance to survive, yet doesn't overpower them way too much as before.
    Monstajugga
    Agent
    RK-1

Kink and Monsta some names on these MA's please..i want to pick their brain.

With the experiences I've had in PvP in 14.6 I'm seriously thinking you are joking.

I fought a MA recently, one whom I've fought before, and it was not even entertaining. He couldnt even out dmg my HoTs (I'm a nonGA fixer). I was getting hit for like 180, 200, etc (we are both lvl 140s and I only have a 3k AC against his fire dmg) His crits, while few and far between were the only thing that did any dmg at all (except Dimach, but thats a one shot deal). BwT was helping him a bit, but not enough.

Against that I stood toe to toe, not rooting, blasting away with my MCS hitting for 300-900 and getting busts for around 800-1000, and with the new burst recharge increases I was getting a burst every 4 shots or so.

In the end he died, and I was at about 3/4 life and never used a 1st Aid kit.

MAs got the royal screw job!

They need to have their dmg increased, and put the West Wind katana in for them for the love of jeebus!

edit: Oh and before any soldiers jump in with how gimped they are, our soldier friend fought each of us in turn and slaughtered both of us like we were nothing (I died just as TMS went down, so did MA).
    Last edited by Fakonamo; Nov 20th, 2002 at 20:54:15.

Allibobba
    Dragongirl
    Bettyli
    Celestiness
    Monstajugga
    Agent
    RK-1

Uh...

Allibobba and Celestiness have just given up on PvPing with their MA's.

Celest's "I give up" thread is here.

Bettyli and Dragongirl might do better, i havn't spoken to either of them in a few weeks, but then they were quite upset by 14.6.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

yeah, i "fought" monstajugga after 14.6 went live. she was getting slaughtered before she zoned, but ....

i wasn't alone. she jumped in tir arena and tried to gank someone while i was there waiting for her to do it so i could test my new bow with AS/fling/bow special attack. other person (forget who it was) was also fighting her, that's why she had to run to zone.

2 things here i should proly point out.

1. she's an agent and didn't root me, just let me hit her. i think her evades need some help.

2. she was almost 20 levels under me at the time.

(edit) just saw dave's post, yeah, me and cel have given up pvp for now. only thing i'm doing different than cel is i'm giving up altogether. i can't pvp with my main, and i can't bear the thought of leveling another toon. besides, closest one i have is a 148 trader and looks like they're getting hit with the nerf stick this patch. (all the divest/plunder resist nano's coming out)
    Last edited by Alli; Nov 20th, 2002 at 21:22:47.

Go talk to celestiness yourself and ask him how he did against me, the three times we tried at tir arena.

Ask allibobba how he killed me.

Ask dragongirl how she survived my THREE attempts at killing her in sneak with Absolute Concentration, our so-called 100% super crit-buff, then returened to kill me. (ok she was teamed that last time, but she did majority of the damage)

I don't even know if Bettyli will remember how she killed me in less than 10 seconds outside boxroom at camelot. I was probably just "another one of her kills."

Start an agent, and see for yourself just how "Gimped" MAs are. Agents dont' complain, because we were never spoiled to begin with. We're pretty used to it. Now MAs are brought down from their king-of-the-hill position to just a regular profession like everybody else, and all hell breaks loose and everybody goes ape.

Edit: Just read Allibobba's post. I have my evades maxxed and implanted. But I can't help it when they're dark blue. You just proved my point. Agents are that bad that you think I was gimped one way or another, when I was actually at the max an agent could ever reach, or 20 points from. I was also on Full-D. I always am when I pvp.

Edit2: OK, my posts are starting to become exactly like those that drove me to start this thread in the first place. I don't mean to rant. My one and only point is, that new MA skill is not as useless as many of you complain it is, and MAs aren't as bad as you claim they are. It's just that they're not over-powered anymore, and since u were used to being able to kill most professions effortlessly, the new effort you have to put in PvPing makes you think you're a gimped profession when you're actually not.
    Last edited by MonstaJugga; Nov 20th, 2002 at 21:29:50.
    Monstajugga
    Agent
    RK-1

Bleh why am I reading this, you obviously have no clue whatsoever, and now you just drove me into flaming ...

sorry

Why? Cause Allibobba just proved my point for me?
    Monstajugga
    Agent
    RK-1

MA's complaining about PvP.... How about us NT's???

You try casting a nuke without getting it interupted by MA attacks...

Not to mention getting Dimach'd to the reclaim...

my 0.02 creds.

-Mega

dude, nt's own ma's. now more than ever. one of the worst spankings i ever recieved was from an omni NT, and that was before 14.6 when i could still deal damage.

just goes to prove my point. everyone that cries that someone is overpowered just has no clue what they are doing. go out, learn how to play your toon. you will never be an overnight success. it took me 6 months of doing almost nothing but pvp to get my apprentice title. lost freshman once, lost rookie 6 times.

i spanked monstajugga before 14.6 in about 15 seconds by myself. she was fp trader and not very good. not once was i rooted and as soon as i AS/flinged her she ran for the zone. so i root grafted her and dimached then she was dead.

i mean, duh, you have to use all your weapons to beat someone. if an NT can't beat an ma then it's obvious to me the NT has no clue what he's doing. same with agent, trader, doc, fixer. all those profs have roots to keep meleers at a distance and when used properly are way overpowered. if you think with 4k hp's you should be able to stand toe to toe with melee class then you proly rode the short bus to school.

Originally posted by MonstaJugga

Edit2: OK, my posts are starting to become exactly like those that drove me to start this thread in the first place. I don't mean to rant. My one and only point is, that new MA skill is not as useless as many of you complain it is, and MAs aren't as bad as you claim they are. It's just that they're not over-powered anymore, and since u were used to being able to kill most professions effortlessly, the new effort you have to put in PvPing makes you think you're a gimped profession when you're actually not.
    tell the truth, i think the new ma attack is only worth something if it kills deprive/plunder/init debuffs too. for just roots, who really cares. 80% of the people i pvp don't use roots effectively anyway.

as for the ma's not being as bad as we claim, you're right. we are actually worse. anyone that knows how to pvp will kill us without breaking a sweat

Didn't Johiyat beat Gun?

Also ali, I have 6k+ HPs, MK2, and believe it or not you resisted my root.

Let me re-emphasize that you literally proved my point in commenting about my gimpy evades.

Edit: Just arguing about this is moot. I suggest you, oddlogic and I go to arena and test this out. I will try my best to kill you, and you will try your best to kill me. I can see myself losing my novice already.
    Last edited by MonstaJugga; Nov 20th, 2002 at 21:55:09.
    Monstajugga
    Agent
    RK-1

I can understand what you are saying if a NT tried to gank you... but to start a fight in the arena as an NT against a MA with both toons standing and noone really having an advantage (you know... without cheating)...

Yes i can shoot and maybe nuke if my nukes don't get interupted and I don't get stunned... but I cannot shot/nuke while running and trying to get out of melee range. When I root.. my gun will break the root (atm..supposed to change) but the whole time I'm getting pounded to a pulp. As a Nano NT I already have low HP and as a NT in general I have crappy evades...

May if I were to gank an MA... I'd have a decent chance, but not in a "fair" PvP fight.

-Mega

Originally posted by MonstaJugga
    Didn't Johiyat beat Gun?

Also ali, I have 6k+ HPs, MK2, and believe it or not you resisted my root.

Let me re-emphasize that you literally proved my point in commenting about my gimpy evades.

Edit: Just arguing about this is moot. I suggest you, oddlogic and I go to arena and test this out. I will try my best to kill you, and you will try your best to kill me. I can see myself losing my novice already.
    evades make no difference in damage dealt. i just said you must have crappy evades because i didn't miss you much, if at all. i think almost every hit landed and i critted some. ask letah how my damage is. she's a 200 omni doc. her dots out damaged me in mmd. i'm not making that up either. 2 dots, one for 221 and other for 272 or so. my damage was about 240 max, with a whopping 638 brawl even my AS at start of fight sucked.

(edit) i'll fight ya when i log on later. if i stomp you into the ground i will come back here and /prostrate on this forum. (only if you actually try to win though :P)

if you stomp me, i expect you to start screaming for a ma love patch.
    Last edited by Alli; Nov 20th, 2002 at 21:59:37.

No MonstaJugga, not because bobba proved your point, which he didn't.

It's because you obviously don't know much about MA's...have you ever played one ?
    We did not ever "own every profession effortlessly"...enforcers, doc's, nt's, adv's, traders and fixers (and I'm sure others too) still had a fair chance against us.

Upon re-reading Kink's post i *got* what he meant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast