Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suggestion for nerfing shotguns

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

Because Flingshot is NOT a requirment to weild these Shotguns, nor can you use that special while it's in your hand.

Desert Reets do Chemical Damage and require no Ranged En
    Khemo-Techs, while require Ranged Energy, use bullets as ammo and do Radiation Damage.
    Stigma Rifles will use bullets and will do Poison Damage

There is no need for it to be "Ranged Energy." The Description says that the Vektor ND (Neo Design) is a SHOTGUN That uses Energy Ammo that gives a Shotgun like effect. It does not fire Plasma Blobs like Nova Flows and Flashpoints do.

The problem is the 40m cap. Pistols can very well fire 35m away from a target. That part is lame. But for the purpose of this game, pistols should not outrange rifles (most) without sacrificing power.

Also, pistols should come in higher damage models. (maybe make them not dual weildable and can't have an offhand gun either.) It's not the gun that determines the damage, it's the round it uses. You could very well have a Pistol with a huge round (i.e. Hand Cannon) but try hollowing out a dime at 100m with that pistol. That's what Rifles are for.

The problem with Shotguns is not their damage, but the way AC works. Shotguns are high damae high crit, very slow weapons. If AC didn't work the way it does, most of the quick lower damage weapons would be a better choice then a big hulky shotgun.

However, AC hinders all these choices. I don't think Shotguns need to be nerfed. I think there is a good balance of weapons if you don't count AC.

I do however think AC should be reevaluated.
    Some shotguns have no fling shot requirement yet they have a flingshot special. Wouldn't you figure a gun with a special would have a requirement for it? Its like a rifle not having aimed shot as a requirement yet it has it as a special. I dont think you know what your talking about.

Shotguns are not slow weapons.. well if youve seen Illphil take down uber stuff.

"its not the gun that determines the damage its the round it uses" LOL! Sorry.. but a ql 200 Stigma rifle cannot outdamage my ql 188 Ranee.. Ranee having a 5 clip and stig having a 128 clip.

Suddenly an NT has a breakthrough and knows ALL about weapons there is to know.. well apparantly he doesnt have a clue.
    "He's as dead a Jehova's witness at a passover"

"Remove your lips from the GMs ass...your chafing him..please..he loves you.. yes.. its ok.. dont cry.. *gives you a tissue*.. ok good. "

"bleedin' so hard you'll need a life size maxi-pad"

"Patience is a virtue, but timing is a privelage"

Some shotguns have no fling shot requirement yet they have a flingshot special.

Please list exactly which shotguns have Flingshot yet have no Flingshot requirement.

Sorry AOD, aside from a database error/bug (that I'm unaware of),no such weapons exist.

Originally posted by Agentofdeath
    Some shotguns have no fling shot requirement yet they have a flingshot special. Wouldn't you figure a gun with a special would have a requirement for it? Its like a rifle not having aimed shot as a requirement yet it has it as a special. I dont think you know what your talking about.
    Name one. There is not a single weapon in the game that has a special when there is no requirment for it. Are you smoking crack?

"its not the gun that determines the damage its the round it uses" LOL! Sorry.. but a ql 200 Stigma rifle cannot outdamage my ql 188 Ranee.. Ranee having a 5 clip and stig having a 128 clip.

You must be too dense to understand that I was speaking in real life terms.

Suddenly an NT has a breakthrough and knows ALL about weapons there is to know.. well apparantly he doesnt have a clue.
    I love how you use my main's profession against me like i've never used weapons in this game. It amazes me how ignorant you can make youself.

Dip

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123