Thread: Why should i buy NW ?

Question Why should i buy NW ?

My question is simple , Why should I (or anyone else ) Buy Notum Wars ?

So far i see towers and Stuff like that as a reason . But after the towers whats left ? ( I dont have the credits to invest in towers . So why should i build one ? ) What other changes are comeing in that should entice me to buy this "booster" ?

PvP balance ? - I dont PvP unless i have to .

New nanos ? I dont see any new nanos for either My doc nor my Agent , in fact i see other class's getting Nanos that weaken my doc .

Did they add new trade skills items that would be viable to my Doc ? I.E. Pharma trade skills ? Come on now , i need to make credits with something .

Did you add a new Zone or new quests ?

Cz or a Funcom person , could you pls give me a reason to stay and buy the Booster ? Cause after todays patch notes I am seriously thinking of not buying the booster . I see nothing of Intrest to me and seeing as how i wasnt one of the "Lucky" ones to be invited to Beta i would like to know what i am to expect .

The booster only allows you to receive the boosts and benefits from the towers. If you don't buy the booster you do not recieve the benefits.

There will also be new items for booster pack buyers that ones that don't have it won't be able to have/own.

But, you still see the towers, you can still participate in the wars. Is it worth buying? Well, if you plan on stayin with AO why shouldn't you buy it? I mean what's the purpose to play a game that you cannot have all the goodies?

/shrug

I'm not saying it's "worth it" to get the booster, just bringing out the fact that if you are going to play AO, why not have the game in its fullest potential?

We also don't know of "every" item that will be introduced in the booster...maybe there is a lil bit of something for everyone. Guess the only way to find out is get the booster or wait till someone tells you about it. Then again, one mans treasure is another mans trash.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Bahh

Not me..not one more penny...am waiting for the real expansion. Then see .....

The reason i am buying

Personally, I hate PVP, but one of the few times my heart starts racing in the game is when I am running through MMD and i see the message "lameGanker became visible"

Anyway, the reason I am purchasing the game is because of my background in software development. When a company makes a booster or expansion the view of the product as a whole changes. From that point on, the "full product" is now the original plus additions. All the effort is going to make the full product better, and the lesser product (original) is given a second place in the development streams. It does not matter if we are talking operating system, telephone systems or games, the fact is that the more expensive version will receive the most attention, and often the problems are only solved there. For example, when you complain that x is broken, the answer you will probably find is well, if you had bought the full product, then you would not have this problem.

I dont want to end up being treated as a second rate customer.

Also, I might be more tempted to PVP in a group. There are some cool ground based combat cars that i think my engie will like, which will change hunting. I want to see the skies full of cargo ships, and to hear the voice emotes that are included.

Lets look at this another way.

Dollar for dollar, what makes better value, getting the booster pack or going to a movie. The movie lasts two hours only, but the booster pack will take longer to explore than a movie.

Another thing to realize
    From the laws of online gaming, the quality of players tends to increase in proportion with the money they spend on the game. And there is a reward in gameplay.

Another thing to realize.
    There is an Xp bonus for land control, people are paying millions for a 5% ring, whereas you will get that for free even if your side is losing terribly, as there is a total of a 25% xp bonus to be divided allong land control lines.

So,
    Its not much cash, its going to be fun, its going to be worth it, its cheaper than a movie.

I think Cz is closing down threads on to buy or not to buy, so consider what I have said, and please join me.

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Decent

Ani,

What a decent post..and ideas

Im going to add to this little thread as well. So far the only thing that even remotly intrestests me in the booster is the personal towers that act like pets but we have no real information on them.

Im not interrested in PVP at all so why buy something that is all about an aspect of the game that dosent mean anything to me. Now if at a later date when FC decides to tell us what is avaible to booster owners and non-booster owners I may decide that there is enough other stuff to go ahead and get it.

So how bout it Cz can you give us people who are not inclined to particapte in PVP details on if there will be nano's and items not tied to the towers and land control that will only be avaible to booster owners.

PS for those of you who think that Im not interrested in PVP because my characters are to low Neylana is 151 and Paks is 118 I just dont like PVP

The booster pack is not required. It *is* heavily PVP focused.

If the new Yalms, updated graphics, and voice stuff isn't enough to convince you to spend your $20 bucks. Then don't.

It really isn't that big of a deal. Maybe 1/2 of my guild is actually going to buy it.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

The point of the game is faction fighting tho. Due to that pvp is the way it goes.

Jagdtyger

Re: The reason i am buying

Originally posted by Animosity
    Dollar for dollar, what makes better value, getting the booster pack or going to a movie.
    If you aren't utilizing the majority of the booster pack, this isn't true, unless, of course, you walk out on the movie.

Another thing to realize
    From the laws of online gaming, the quality of players tends to increase in proportion with the money they spend on the game. And there is a reward in gameplay.
    What is the source of your information here? Is this your personal observation and/or speculation, or do you have some study at your disposal that 'proves' or even supports this?

I wonder what happens if you don't buy the booster but wait for the expantion, do you get the effects of the booster then?

Would be bad if people who bought the expantion did not get all the features, but then again it would also be unfair to those who bought the booster in the first place.

??

I AM Kantarell I AM Mbutu
    Techno-Wizard is the most fun to play!

Originally posted by Special Agent Seven
    I mean what's the purpose to play a game that you cannot have all the goodies?

As an lvl 125 NT who isn't even close to getting Nullity Sphere (not to mention other things NTs need to be highly competitive), this quote is starting to resonate more and more with me. The funny thing is, that in order to enjoy AO, I am having to resign myself to not having all the goodies...so missing out on the towers, new yalms, etc, doesn't really bother me. If it did, then not having NS, etc. would bug me enough that I'd probably quit playing.

FC has made an amusing double-edged sword...
    Nochnaja

Keep safe, and may the clans fear you.

$20 for improvements to a game you spend a large amount of your time on? That doesnt sound too bad to me.
    ~Streaz~
    "Self Proclaimed Fixer God since Jan 2002"

Note: This account was stolen from me by someone I thought I could trust. I didn't realize what was going on untill someone from my guild contacted me and let me know what was happening. Funcom was gracious enough to give the account back to me, the original owner, but the account is deactivated for the time being and my main concern was just getting it out of the hands of an unsavory character. Sorry for the drama.

-Streaz

I have only been playing AO for a month, and although I like it a lot so far, I am not even sure it will be my MMORPG of choice (first one I am trying). Afterall, plenty of others are coming up soon - some of them might be worth checking out.

Nevertheless I still think I will buy The Notum Wars when it is released in Europe. So far I am not planning on doing PvP, I am quite certain that I will solo most of my online game time and not take part in any big player organization wars and I seriously doubt that I will find myself in a situation where I will get much if any use from the towers.
    But have you seen the screenshots of the new night sky? And the new air crafts hovering above cities?

Alright I am joking a bit, but spending $20 on something that will at least improve my game experience in some small way, will not exactly result in starvation for month. Even though I am a poor student . So I tend to view it as a purchase that I will most likely not regret - even if I might not get most of the benefits that are actually intended with this booster pack.
    Had the cost been $40 instead I might have seen things from a different perspective

Just my view as a new player - I am certain that long time players who have had their share of annoyances from game bugs etc. might feel a little different.

well just be thankfull you can get it for 20 $

because over here in europe you cant.

it is closer to 30-40$ to buy it here since you need to order it via internet.

wont turn this into another make it downloadable rant but i guess the number of buyers from anywhere BUT the us and some scandinavian states who actually stock notum wars will be low.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

It will not be sold in European stores? I will just have to rely on some of the Danish stores being loyal to their fellow Scandinavians then .

Otherwise we might approach the $40 limit where I might not find it will be worth my money anymore .