Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: the new "free for al PvP cap" at lvl 150! :(

Angry the new "free for al PvP cap" at lvl 150! :(

Ok, heres my thoughts about this subjekt...

First of all i'dd like to say that this is a Wery wery wery wery BAD idea!!!...

Befor you flame let me explain why!

1) lvl 149 docs keeping teams alive without the other team being abel to touch them? WTF is up with that.

heres a senario for ya...
    Guild A has some land Guild B wants...

Guild A gathers the defending team('s) and sets up at the towers... they also bring 1 lvl 149 or lower doc pr, team.

Guild B attacks, but dont have a chance since guild A's docs are keeping them alive.

they cant attack them, and if they send in sub 150's to take out the Towers those will get riped up by the Towers.

Same with tara raids!!! a lvl 149 team CAN kill tara!!! you guess the rest.

Heres another HUGE issue i se with this.
    I am in a small guild only consisting of good m8's.
    We all range from lvl 90 to lvl 170'ish...

To be honest we where looking forword to go fight all together over land, just for the fun of it. We knew that we didn't have much chance to actualy win/hold to much but that dont matter realy.

But now, we find that this aint going to happen...
    Not only did over forces get cuz down alot by this, it also made some of the members "useless" when it comes to land controling!!!"

We cant bring them on attacks, we cant have them help in defence.

I think we will se alot of guilds getting split up into sub 150, and + 150 guilds now...

also, if you have say a lvl 75 to 149 guild, and want to controll land, then you will have a HELL of a time coordinating, since a lvl 75 or so, would not be abel to attack every 1 ect... it complcates things massively.

Also, alot of guilds will now have to enforce, only letting lvl 150+ people join, witch i think SUX!!!, since you cant have a lvl 149 or lower freind into the guild cus, well... he would be dead weight!

Another issue is, is theres sub 149 player in a high guild, would he get the benefits of the Towers aswell???

i se some huge "twinking" issues here... i mean, a lvl 10 PvP twink would get ALOT of more power from the high lvl towers!!!

I kinda se this, and also from what Cz posed, that this is the "new system to let lower lvl guilds have land"...

But i think theres some things that is NOT considered when trying to make this system as easy done as it is...

first of, what about smaller high lvl guilds? whats gonna keep the power houses from crushing us???

Aslso, i dont think the system works as intended, not if it works as i think it does!

imgaen a lvl 50ish guild takeing some land... then a lvl 60ish take it from them, then a lvl 70ish takes it from them, ect ect.. untill all is owned by higher lvl guilds??? whats gonna prevent that???

well... Once agen we only get ½ the info, and once agen i fear that FC did something without considering all the consequenses
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

So, when you go out to attack a tower you plan on having every team your guild sends out there 194-200. No members of the teams lower than that?

You say that 149 character would be dead weight. If you plan on sending only 194+ characters out then all the members of your guild from 150-200 would be dead weight too. Level 150-193 characters can PvP characters lower than level 150. You don't want them attacking targets that the higher levels can't attack if that 149 doc can stay there unmolested.

So you say that sending out a low level team to wipe out the defending Level 149 doc would get creamed by the towers themselves. I say that if you aren't including people from 150-193 in your teams then what are you thinking about?

You can be sneaky too. Say you are about to attack some Level 170 towers. XXX level cannot be attacked by these towers at all, and docs can still heal pretty good at that level. The only thing you'd have to worry about is the defending team having people there lower level than that.

I've read about 150+ guilds saying they won't be able to defend their towers. I suppose what is being said is that you are a 194+ guild because you don't do anything with your 150-193 members.

Level 149 characters can atttack Level 193 characters. That leaves your 150+ people to take out the 194-200s. Is the 149 character useless, no its not. You say that a 149 character would be dead weight, but you are complaining about the 149 doc making it impossible for an attacking team to kill any of the defending team. Not very realistic.

If an attacking team can't kill anyone because of a Level 149 Doc, I'd start asking if the attacking team was composed entirely of players who bought their characters on E-Bay. Sure that 194+ team wouldn't be able to kill the doc, but they'd lay waste to the opposing team real quick. That Doc couldn't even do a complete heal in the amount of time your 194+ team could kill a single person.

first of, whats the talk about 193+ chars? heh, thats irellevant...

The main thing is, that a lvl 150 or above will not be abel to attack a lvl 149 or below...
    this can make alot of problems, if you cant se those problems well, then i guess theres nothin i can do about it.

The problem i se is that you can have High lvl players on the battle field, that is not open to attack!!! thats already a problem today with the 75 cap, cuz sub 74 chars are sent in to "spy" or set up as guards to tell when an attack is comming, and how stong it is...

had the spy been open to attack that would be NP, since you could then deal with the spy... but to that with 1 out of free PvP cap, u'll need to have a char that is about the same lvl to do enything about it...

I.e you will have to have ALOT of people at stand by to do enything about it, and even more people when the cap is set up to lvl 150.
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

"imgaen a lvl 50ish guild takeing some land... then a lvl 60ish take it from them, then a lvl 70ish takes it from them, ect ect.. untill all is owned by higher lvl guilds??? whats gonna prevent that??? "

Whoa calm down, they have that planned out im sure, with zones that only certain ranges can place towers.

One would think they would have made the system for only those above say level 140, I dunno if lower levels would even care to have them, since most of the time at lower levels you are more worried about leveling and wasting all your money on implants and other things you need. Given a choice for a level 40 character to blow their money on a guild tower or get better implants, I would tend to think they would go for the implants. Before ya flame me for saying that, everyone level 140+ think about what you were doing between level 1 and 139, trying to level to get to that mark were you can team with anyone ya wanted on the high end of things. Just my 2 cents.

Jagdtyger

Tower pvp zones are 25%.....
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

The main thing is, that a lvl 150 or above will not be abel to attack a lvl 149 or below...
    not true, a 150 still will be able to attack a 149, there will still be a range, just like a 74 can be attacked by a 75.

Just an estimate but a 149 will be able to fight up to like 180 so a 200 will not be able to fight a 149.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

this can make alot of problems, if you cant se those problems well, then i guess theres nothin i can do about it.
    That's not correct.... at the moment, the "free-for-all" starts at level 75. But a level 80 can still attack a level 74.

Same thing applies here. A level 149 can still get attacked by a level 175 no problem (all the way up to level 193 I believe). The 149 player could not be attacked by a level 200 though (unless the 149 was teamed with some higher players of course). Seems fair to me /shrug.

It's mainly to prevent TL6'ers from hitting TL3'ers for laughs. You can still PvP above and below the 150 providing the person is within your level range.
    Ghostimage ..[218.19 Doc]
    Redtail .........[218.14 Fix]
    Finmere .......[150.14 Enf]

Originally posted by Sarv
    first of, whats the talk about 193+ chars? heh, thats irellevant...

No.. a 150 will be more than capable of attacking a level 149. Just like a level 75 is capable of attacking a level 74, just like a level 84 is capable of attacking a level 74. Just like a level 193 will be capable of attacking a 149.

Thats what the talk is about. It is relevant unless you think the cap is a hardcap, in which case we can only try to educate you, we can't make you think.

MY ONLY RECOMMENDATION IS FOR FC TO GIVE US A VISUAL RECOGNITION OF WICH PLAYERS WE CAN ATTACK AND THOSE WHO WE CANNOT.

Have you ever tried to target a ennemy through 20 peoples you canot attack? (Oups, he found me first!).

Maybe make our targeting work with only people we can attack and not thsoe who are too low!

All in all, we need a Carebear server and PvP server.

Well, to me, and anyone else at 200, we can basically attack, and only be attacked by someone green

Which is a fair indication of who can open fire on you.
    Proabably worth noting too, is there REALLLY anyone in PVP that you have to worry about that isnt green to you? Really? Ever see many greys in pitched 2ho battles with your opposing side peers?
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Ill post it in really big letters just in case some people didnt bother to read the last few posts:

THE SAME PVP LEVEL LIMITS WILL APPLY.
    A LEVEL 193 CAN ATTACK A LEVEL 149
    A LEVEL 149 PLAYER IS NOT SAFE FROM ATTACKS BY LEVEL 150-193

{Modeartor: Reducing your text size... slightly. }
    Last edited by Cz; Nov 21st, 2002 at 12:20:44.

Thats umm.... really big. I can't tell if you used bold, but you missed the italics. hehe.

On another note Lvl 150 is so high that FFA Pvp is practically nonexistant. 3 or 4 levels higher and having it would mean nothing. Practically means nothing at 150 anyway. I'm cool with that though.

This is actually a cool change, unless you have a free for all levels 1 - 200 >

I still would like the "tabbing though people you can't attack" issue fixed.

he prob with not tabing emenies you can't attack, is that these rules are flexable. Teaming with chars outside your lvl range, or being attacked by teams with members outside your level range, means that you can attack or be attacked. Thus - wwho you can, nd can't attack, depends on circumstances..
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

leave it at 75... u will just kcuf up the world order...

Monty voice on;
    150... stop that, thats just silly
    Monty voce off
    Zhagra Lvl 206 Fixer
    Maesterr Lvl 81NT
    Mytoz Lvl 41 Adv

Clan RK1

"I was feeling so good about my ability to do this...
    But now i screwed it up."

- Gerorge Lucas "Star Wars Episode 1 DVD"

Talking

Finally funcom will do one good thing, they understand being raped lvl 100 by a lvl 200 is not fair.

And for all the high lvl who will whine for it, no you will have to kill people in your range, there will be some nice fight instead of some 3 sec killing.

Originally posted by andertec
    MY ONLY RECOMMENDATION IS FOR FC TO GIVE US A VISUAL RECOGNITION OF WICH PLAYERS WE CAN ATTACK AND THOSE WHO WE CANNOT.

Have you ever tried to target a ennemy through 20 peoples you canot attack? (Oups, he found me first!).

Maybe make our targeting work with only people we can attack and not thsoe who are too low!

All in all, we need a Carebear server and PvP server.
    you have it: if your target is grey to you, you can't attack. easy, hey?

Angry

What is the point of this? If the new free for all cap is 150 then there essentially is no cap. At lvl 150 you can PvP up to 200 anyway (according to current PvP range calculations) and vise versa. There will be no lvl in the NEW AND IMPROVED cap in which you can now fight that you couldnt if there was no cap at all.

This is just silly.

Silly? Is it silly that a L200 cant attack someone at L75 anymore? Is it silly that for once, someone level 75 can walk into a PvP zone without getting to be a free kill for someone anywhere in the range of 100+ ? I think not, I think it's a good thing.
    The fact that a 200 could attack a 75 in the past.. THAT was silly... just my 2 creds.

Originally posted by FakoNamo
    What is the point of this? If the new free for all cap is 150 then there essentially is no cap. At lvl 150 you can PvP up to 200 anyway (according to current PvP range calculations) and vise versa. There will be no lvl in the NEW AND IMPROVED cap in which you can now fight that you couldnt if there was no cap at all.

This is just silly.
    edit: Spelling 'n stuff
    Tranceptor - Level 220/30/?? Omni Solitus Godfather - Nemesis of Chaos - /born July 2001, still going strong(ish)
    Twincaliber - Level 220/11 Omni Atrox Vanguard
    Kansho - Level 206+/14 Omni Opifex MA
    Sakayuri - Level 165+ Omni Solitus Crat.
    Unimusha - L132+ Omni Solitus Soldier
    Kryozz - L41+ Omni Nanomage NT
    Twelvegauge - L19+ Omni Solitus Trader
    Kasima - L13+ Omni Solitus Doctor

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast