Thread: Nerfing calms are ya?

Nerfing calms are ya?

So reading the patch notes I get the feeling that the first mission I enter after the patch, I will no longer be capabel of calming the mobs because their level is now taken in to acount. So not only do I do crappy damage, now the only good thing I can do for my team is taken away.

And why force us to use higher level calms with way higher nano costs. Do you have any idea what impact that has on nt's try to solo missions?

This patch is defintly not something to be happy for. First you make roots harder to break, and then everyone gets buffs to break it, so now a lot of combat is gonna evolve around breaking roots, great. I wouldnt wonder if fx the engineer root breaking program depends on one of the skills that they almost dont use, so that they will have to spend more of their ip on things that doesnt give them any real damage output in pvp.

Re: Nerfing calms are ya?

Originally posted by Noxz
    So reading the patch notes I get the feeling that the first mission I enter after the patch, I will no longer be capabel of calming the mobs because their level is now taken in to acount. So not only do I do crappy damage, now the only good thing I can do for my team is taken away.

And why force us to use higher level calms with way higher nano costs. Do you have any idea what impact that has on nt's try to solo missions?

This patch is defintly not something to be happy for. First you make roots harder to break, and then everyone gets buffs to break it, so now a lot of combat is gonna evolve around breaking roots, great. I wouldnt wonder if fx the engineer root breaking program depends on one of the skills that they almost dont use, so that they will have to spend more of their ip on things that doesnt give them any real damage output in pvp.
    OMG! So you're saying that you should be able to use a lowlevel calm for FULL effect? Maybe your lowlevel nukes should scale up with your level and increase in damage for the same low nano cost.

Can I Complete Heal for 20 nano points with a 1 second recharge time too? please!!

"Get all you nano's here. Levels 1 - 10, all you'll even need!"

Sent try to read on the material before you speak. The high ql calms are way better than the low ql in terms of recharge and duration. But when a nano mage nt solo it goes like nuke, nuke, nuke, nuke, calm, recharge. At my current level that often has to be repeated 3 times to kill the mob. Im just saying that they are, perhaps without their knowledge, about to nerf nt's solo capability at least around my lvl.

Arrow Awful for PvM

Even the highest calm will be harder to land than before, around 100-150+ effective nano resist boost for the mob.

Right now you can use a quick 2 minute calm to take care of adds, since you know you'll be fighting them in less than 2 minutes anyways.

In the future your only choice will be the 7+ min top ql calms, and have fun spamming them.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Thats called making the game harder. People complain about carebear and stuff, hello pet mobs. People solo stuff 2 times their level, hello calm nerf. IMO making the game harder is good.

Originally posted by Insida
    Thats called making the game harder. People complain about carebear and stuff, hello pet mobs. People solo stuff 2 times their level, hello calm nerf. IMO making the game harder is good.
    missions = cake walk = this quote is correct (up to a point)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

lol

Yeah it is making the game harder. Harder for the prof that are already gimps hehehe. Does that make any sense?? Looks like I should just transfer all my items to my MA I havent played for months. Or just be a exp buffer/coffee maker for teams soon as I won't be able to use crowd control on bosses, uniques and high level mobs. My crat days may be over however I guess I will have to wait and see. If the patch is as bad as it looks, I wouldn't be surprized if crats become what they were way back when.

Player A
    "What was that? I just saw someone with a droid!"

Player B
    "Wow, must be an engie..."

Player A
    "Engie? What is that?"
    Gabro ,
    A Member of Lost Chapter
    Level 200 Bureaucrat RK1

Re: lol

Originally posted by Melbu
    Yeah it is making the game harder. Harder for the prof that are already gimps hehehe. Does that make any sense?? Looks like I should just transfer all my items to my MA I havent played for months.
    I have aldready taken that step
    Hotsy is now wearing her pre level 100 stuff, and is parked somewhere to gather dust.

Player A
    "What was that? I just saw someone with a droid!"

Player B
    "Wow, must be an engie..."

Player A
    "Engie? What is that?"
    There's going to be a lot more engies around now I guess...
    afik they are getting some major love this time around.
    but they deserve every bit of it, and then some.
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

It was just obvious that they were going to nerf calms. I mean they've already nerfed every other skill that Traders have so you knew calms were coming next. They'd nerf AC or nano drains if they thought anyone ever actually got any use out of them too.

Until now, my crat was able to use my lowest calm nano to the same effect that my highest one... thats not ok, so i dont blame them for changing that, i have to use higher ql nanos in the future.

But do i have them? No! I get a new calm every 40 ql or the like... and thats the same for NT i think
    Now what shall i do if the calms start to fail over and over again because i have to use an "old" calm for many many levels?

Soloing a Crat and even more a NT is impossible without calms.
    We dont have heals, and we do not have the Hits and Armor to sustain a lot of damage.

And its the same in a team... i usually cannot charm in a team because of the psycheck and my Android ist mostly unwanted because i'm slow with him and he tends to wander off sometimes, bringing unwanted aggro.
    So whats left for a Crat in Teams is the same a NT does: Calming and Nuking, and no team will accept when i say... "hey sorry, i will need about 10 trys per mob, because my calm is old".

We'll see in a few hours if i have to retire my NT and Crat

Originally posted by Yazule
    missions = cake walk = this quote is correct (up to a point)
    Wait, were NPC pets supposed to make missions harder?? Because as implemented there little more than furniture. I like 'em as a trader because they give me easy drain targets.

Go to see crat forum and Meisters nice post about calm nerfs.
    Bottom line is that all except best single and best area calm have lvl resist over 100% (up to 340%). and of course nano resist is still nicely abouve 100% with all calms.

Crats can self cast those nanos near lvl190 without any uber eq.

You can still say that Crats are uber, just remember add the comment "before lvl 50".
    2c
    Lyijy Engineer
    Zernia2 Ancarim Iron Legion Enforcer

Ya, in a way Hotsy, it's going to be nice for crats. Sure calms are going to be harder for everyone to land, but I don't think charms are going to have the same level check. In team missions I often don't even bother with calms, usually as only a sort of area stun. I usually use CR, my 135% resist short duration charm to grab and add, then release it as soon as the room is clear and the team goes on to kill it. Since the pet will only get stuck on a wall within one room anyway this is a pretty good tactic. TMD is even better but wastes a lot more nano.

Anyway, it still leaves crats in the lead of CC even though our calms will land about as frequently as traders, our charms will work much better, and a few k extra damage each room speeds things up a bit.

Originally posted by Captain *BLEEEEEP*

Wait, were NPC pets supposed to make missions harder?? Because as implemented there little more than furniture. I like 'em as a trader because they give me easy drain targets.
    LOL mission NPCs are the biggest joke. On 75% d they can't even hit me in 195 missions. sometimes if I take a shot at one or nuke one by accident, the team and I are 5 rooms down before I realize I still have some kind of agg from something, then have to walk back and calm it so I can charge. Other times I know it will just poof in a min or 2, and just keep going till I can charge again.

The way they nurfed them, they became one of the biggest wastes of coding time ever.

Angry

I think there will be more NTs at my level seening it. I am Lvl 75 NT and I will be gimped for loooooooooong time until i can get my next level calm. There is a huge gap between Project Calm and the next one. And I WILL NOT be happy if you add 1 or 10 calms inbetween. This stupidity has to be over ASAP.

I was one of the best equipped and and still well implanted NT areound my level, and I enjoyed that. I could save people from dying when doc couldn't. Now the doc dies because i fail my second calm. Not to talk about situations where 5 of my calms fail and there are 3 dead people in the room.

My teams pull QL 130 missions and I am afraid of QL100 missions because my calm can fail 6 times or more.. even with a blind added to it. This messing with calms is a major disaster for your test team and should be pulled back ASAP. Solve the PvM mess and take care of your PvP issues with some other means.

This is a first warning. The next one is "GOOD-BYE Funcom and Welcome another MMORPG letter"!

Just keep up the good work and see:
    /list Nano
    Dynels listed:0

Question

I experimented with Masteris from an MP last night. It was almost the same success rate with Calms as before Using Project Clam. The weirdest thing was that my Bewielder (QL 30) landed as good as Project Clam (QL 60), if not with better rate of success.

First of all the formula to resist a calm is totally awkward considering the 70QL gap after Project Calm, and second of all it seems that it is implemented with a bug. Quite possible that what you were trying to achieve had a totally inverse effect LOL!

Gonna do more testing .. will post statistical results