Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omegatalon's story

Post Omegatalon's story

((This is the story of one of my characters that my guild the Desert Winds will be taking part in. The posts here are for entertainment and your enjoyment. Thanks))

History excerpt
    40 years ago
    "Success! I can hardly believe it and the subject
    shows minimal side effects, this technology will
    revolutionize genetic engineering! The host is showing
    no apparent physical side effects to the process, but
    is complaining of headaches and is moodier than
    normal. Our psychologists are testing her now we
    should have the data very soon, then the green light
    from up above."

The sound of second man coughing

"Computer stop recording."

The light blinked off on the handheld computer.

"Dr?"

"Yes?" the man put down his computer-recording device
    and turned through 180 degrees.

"Dr. The reports from the psychologists Sir." The
    orderly saluted and presented the Doctor with a small
    computer chip.

"Thank you Captain, return to your duties"

The Doctor placed the chip inside his computer barely
    registering the departure of the orderly. The room is
    bathed in the soft blue glow of a hologram emitted
    from the computer. The hologram projects words and
    numbers that scroll on thin air too fast for any
    normal person to read but the Doctor seems to be
    taking it all in. Occasionally he pauses the
    information flow to digest a point in more detail.

"Computer pause"

.subject is unstable..

"Computer stop

.violent tendencies..childlike at times..

"Pause the read out"

.maybe due to increased adrenaline production.

"Stop"

.unable to comprehend what she has become, can not
    stop her urges.

"Computer stop"

.more violent than first assumed, beat an Atrox guard
    to death...dismembered him..took ten guards to
    stop..particularly violent.

"Halt"

.recommend this subject is put in storage, higher
    authorities must know the outcome, funding unlikely to
    be stopped, continue the good work Doctor.

The hololight blinked out and the Doctor sat in the
    semi-darkness of his room.
    Omni-Pol intelligence report for Peregrinus Praecautus
    Known applicant of Third Faction
    Warning! Record is being accessed by an external source of unknown origin.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Omegatalon leaves the Desert Winds

“My friends of the Desert Winds I can not stay, my
    mere presence endangers you all. I know they are
    coming for me, I am too valuable, too unique. I know
    where I must go but not what I must do. For the first
    time in my life I am scared. Good luck my friends, my
    thoughts are with you all, you will not hear from me
    again”

“Angela”

“Yes Omegatalon?” A computer rendition of a female
    voice

“Store that message and transmit directly to the
    Desert Winds gridfeed.”

“Angela, how are the energy levels? How long do we
    have?”

“Several weeks Omegatalon, you are resolved to this
    course? They are your friends, they could help.”

“And place them in danger, make them more exposed than
    they already are? No you know we can not do that
    Angela, we are alone. Lets go.”

The young man stood and turned to look at Borealis one
    last before setting off to the mountains alone”
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Birth

History excerpt
    25 years ago

"The mother thinks he is dead?"

"Yes sir, we informed you as soon as we had a complete genome scan of the infant. He was covertly removed from the maternity ward and the mother told he had died of a sudden infection."

"Excellent, have him taken to the facility. And Captain"

"Yes sir?"

"The child is not human, not after the process so do not get too attached to him Captain."

"Yes sir!"

"You are dimissed Captain."
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Growing pains

History excerpt
    15 year ago

“As you can see Doctor the early problems we had with the processor have been resolved, the two have begun to gel extremely well and have formed an efficient symbiotic relationship”

The two men were walking along a brightly-lit corridor, the younger of the two consciously slowing his pace for the benefit of the older man, not that he needed to have bothered the Dr could keep up with the best of them. How old was the Dr nowadays anyway? Over 80 surely by now, he didn’t seem it.

“The processor combined with the treatment have made M.A.C.H.7 extremely able, you know he challenged Sgt Gravn to an arm wrestling contest?”

Sgt Gravn was the base sergeant, one of the toughest strongest Atrox this side of Rubi-Ka. Arm wrestling was a favorite of his.

“Really? I wasn’t aware,” replied the Doctor “what happened?”

“Tore Gravn’s arm clean off at the elbow”

“And The Unit, M.A.C.H.7?”
    No concern for Gravn, the Doctor was one heartless S.O.B.

“Minimal drop in the Hypo-power levels during the entire incident.”

“But?” a single word from the Doctor

“Dr he is only 10 years old, not even fully developed yet what he can do already scares me, but he is still a child. I..I have my concerns, as I am sure you know. I think they should be addressed.”
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; Nov 21st, 2002 at 18:20:02.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Decisions

Nov 21st of this year

Eldridge reread the message from Omegatalon again

“My friends of the Desert Winds I can not stay, my
    mere presence endangers you all. I know they are
    coming for me, I am too valuable, too unique. I know
    where I must go but not what I must do. For the first
    time in my life I am scared. Good luck my friends, my
    thoughts are with you all, you will not hear from me
    again”

"What has he got himself into now? 'too valuable? too unique' I know the kid is cocky and deserving of his nickname 'Ego' but this is starting to stretch the imagination too much now"

Eldridge put the message back on his desk and tried to think.

"Serraglio is missing, Omegatalon has left us and I have no idea where he could have gone, he kept himself to himself a lot of the time. We KNOW Serra is in trouble and not much about Omegatalon so lets focus on Serraglio for now as he definately needs our help."

The rooms other occupant raised his head and put down his cup of tea.

"Sounds like a plan Nax, Omega is a capable lad he can look after himself a lot of the time. I might have a word with Angelynne and Orgela the three were good friends once, perhaps they know something. But focus on Serraglio I am sure Omegatalon is fine."
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 05:53:17.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

First date

HISTORY EXCEPRT
    2 YEARS AGO

“Medic!”

Trav kneeled down next to the figure on the floor damn he was in a bad way. He was barely alive by the looks of him. Probably more a curse than a blessing compared to some of the others they had found. The place was a battlefield, looked like a bomb had gone off or a tornado had touched down. Trav hadn’t seen such devastation in all his years fighting this war. Omni might be heartless but there was a battlefield honour, a code between the grunts on each side. Damn them, looked like Omni had gone back on the unwritten rule of the battlefield.

“One..one ma…man”

The kid was coughing up blood, virtually dead and he was trying to speak?

“Shhh Kid, save your strength, the medic will patch you up” Trav lied.

“No..oh god it hurts..one man…listen, one man did this”

2 HOURS LATER

“One man?” General Markov sounded incredulous.

“So the kid said,” replied Trav “he was insistent, kept on saying it was one man.” Trav closed his eyes, the kid had been barely more than 18 and had died in Trav’s arms. Poor sod probably hadn’t any insurance either, not many of them did. Another score to settle with Omni-Tek, a very large score indeed for Trav.

“General, one man doing this sort of devastation? It’s unheard of. The kid must have been delirious but I saw his eyes General he was telling the truth as he saw it.”

Trav shivered and drew his trenchcoat tighter around his slender frame. He hadn’t joined the revolution for this sort of madness, this wasn’t war as he could tell it. Reports had been coming in for the past few months about some insane Omni-Tek project and some sort of lone killer stalking Stret West Bank. It was hard to make sense of the various reports. Some of the superstitious Clans no longer raided the Stret for fear of some sort of demon. Frell it was frustrating! They had been on the verge of making some headway into the south and now this. Markov had been assigned to check out the reports, and eliminate the source so the Clans could regain the initiative get the war back on track. Some stupid stories and the Clan offensive had been thrown into disarray, an army marched on rumors but this one was retreating! Trav smiled grimly and stared into the evening dusk, something was out there, one man apparently and it wanted him dead.

“I want to go home” he whispered
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

First contact

THE GRID, EVENING NOV 22ND

Isco was as one with the datastream, weaving in and out of the data dumps. Here he was an angel, a being of energy and agility. The host system was trying to destroy him, sending remote programs to terminate his contact, he laughed he felt so alive, they would not succed ever. For such a security concious corporation Omni-Tek sure had some odd back doors.

Hmmm now what was this. Alone in its own part of the system and eating up a tremendous ammount of resources. Isco moved closer and stared. The data looked beautiful, like a cysanthanum with flashing lights crawling over it, he could just reach out and pick it up. In some ways Isco was a magpie, shiney things attracted him and if they wernt nailed down securly then they went to line his nest. Ahhhh so easy, this system really was no match for him.

LAST DITCH, 10 MINS LATER

It wasnt much, a mention of a neutral organisation, The Desert Winds, and nothing more. Seemed they had got involved in something they might not want to be involved in, they probably didnt know they were in the Omni-Tek system. Still seemed Omni-Tek didnt consider them friends which made them friends of Isco's. His fingers flying over the keyboard he pulled up the roster for The Desert Winds, hmmmm who to pick. His finger traced down the list,

"ah ha, an agent relativly well skilled at his work. ideal"

His information suggested this person would likely be in the Reets Retreat, just in town. A com freqeuncy was also listed, memorising the number Isco set of to Reets Retreat.
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; Nov 23rd, 2002 at 06:08:28.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Reets Retreat, evening Nov 22nd

Vincent sat back and relaxed, enjoying the laid back atmosphere of the GSP party in the rumble room. Well, he tried to relax anyway. Too much had been happening lately, distracting him from his work. He tried to clear his mind of those thoughts, he needed a break...

The com unit came to life with a soft tone, indicating an incoming call. Vincent's HUD lit up revealing the details, an anonymous caller on a secure channel, the call made to Vincent's public ComID. His eyes followed the stream of data from the custom AutoTrace software as he listened to the caller speak.

The voice was devoid of life, computer rendered to foil any voice identification.
    "Don't try and trace this, it wont work. I have precautions."

Apparently so, Vincent thought... the AutoTrace came up with a never-ending string of com mirrors, delaying the trace. It was a race against time, but the caller would probably be running some TraceDetector as well if he knew what he was doing, which would end the transmission automatically if his trace came to close.

"You could consider me a friend, sir" the voice continued.

"And who might you be?" Vincent replied, trying to buy time.

He scanned the room surreptitiously, trying to find the caller in the crowd, if he should happen to be in the room. His planted microcameras provided a view of the places his eyes couldn't reach. Suddenly he spotted a Solitus male talking in sync with the voice on the com. Vincent smiled softly.

"The Desert Winds are being watched" The man and the voice said, as one. "If I know more I will contact one of you."

"Watched? By who?" Vincent replied while running an ID scan on the man.

A name showed up on the scan, the man appeared to be a Clanner named Zane "Isco" McKechnie. Nobody Vincent had heard of.

"Who else, someone in Omni-Tek" the man replied, sounding a bit hurried. "That is all I have."

The call was disconnected, the trace proving futile as expected. Vincent made ready to follow the man, but thought better of it. It might be a trap. If it wasn't, the man could possibly be an asset, but not if he felt threatened. Besides, Vincent had identified the man. An extended background check might be in order before any decision was made on how to handle this.

Omni-Tek watching DW? Well Vincent didn't need to be told that... even before he joined, it had been readily apparent to him that this would happen. Still, having the information handed to him like this left him with an uneasy feeling.

The man identified as "Isco" slipped quietly out of the rumble room, and Vincent barely noticed. He was busy writing messages. A report containing the conversation went out to President McCovery. Any official action on the part of DW would be up to him. Unofficially... Vincent wrote a few more messages. So much for taking a break...
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Doubts

HISTORY EXCEPRT
    6 MONTHS AGO

SOMEWHERE IN OMNI-TEK CONTROLLED TERRITORY

“The scenario is simple, this group have been channeling funds towards the Clan war effort. Obviously we can’t allow them to continue doing this. We have identified this man,”

The holoscreen displays the face of a middle-aged man, nothing spectacular about him. Just a man that Omni-Tek wanted dead. Omegatalon leaned back in his chair and studied the face intently.

“one Ivan Andreiavich. He is the public face of the shelter, but our information has it he leads Clan Angels of Redemption. Your task is simple locate Andreiavich and terminate him with extreme prejudice, recover their financial records and we can re-divert the funds to more humane projects. Any questions Omegatalon?”

“No sir, we understand our mission sir.”

“Then you are dismissed.”

1 WEEK LATER

TIR

An anonymous warehouse in the poorest part of Tir, the rain hammers down hard. Great puddles of the polluted water form in the street, somewhere a thunderclap that is closely followed by a second and then a third. The passersby hurry along desperate to get out of the downpour, all except one man. He watches the building from the shelter of slight overhang, his eyes focused on the one window showing illumination.

“This is the place Angela?”

“Affirmative hon.”

INSIDE

Ivan was busy. The latest deposits needed sorting and directed to the relevant parties. His was a busy life, one he enjoyed immensely and one he could only pursue in the Clans.

“1000 from the West Athen branch, 1947 from Old Athen, 1500 from the Ti…..is someone there?”

Ivan turned from his old computer screen and scanned the room. All was quiet but he was sure he had heard something. He stood and took an old revolver from his desk drawer. He cautiously moves into the corridor.

“Is anyone there?”

An open window, rain is blowing in threw it.

“Sure that was closed, faulty latch I suppose, Gary will be busy.”

Closing the window Ivan returns to his office, he doesn’t notice the shadow behind him following him into the light. Ivan sits back down at his computer, a noise and he turns. A fist smashes into his face breaking his nose the taste of blood in his mouth. Ivan fires his revolver point blank at his assailant all the slugs hit his attacker in the chest.”

“That the best you can do buddy?”

A fist hits him hard in the ribs, the pain Ivan feels as two of them crack is unbearable. His face is forced down hard onto the keyboard his own blood covers some of the keys.

“Ok Mister,” his assailant whispers “call up all the financial data for your group, no more bombs for the Angles now.”

“Bombs? Angels? I I don’t know what you mean, we’re a charit..”

Ivan was confused and scared to death.

“Save me the rubbish buddy, we know all about you and your operation. Do it now, all the financial data.”

Weeping partly though fear and also through pain Ivan calls up the financial records for the last five years.

“There wasn’t too hard now was it Ivan,” His attacker smiles “Ok Angela begin data transfer.”

“With pleasure Omega.”

Now Ivan, we can’t possibly let you live now can we? Not when you’re a known terrorist such as your self. Omni-Tek cancelled your insurance two days ago. Any last words?”

“Terror? Terrorist? No sir, we’re a children’s refuge we take in orphans and”

Ivan was terrified now, his clothes wet from his own sweat and blood. This madman was going to perma-kill him for crimes he hadn’t done. A fist to the side of the head and he knows no more.

“Data transfer complete hon…..

Omega? He was telling the truth.”
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; Nov 26th, 2002 at 04:05:19.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Tic Tac Toe

THE GRID Nov 26

The datastream was like a city at night, programs created light that flashed on and off faster than a man could think. This was life to Isco, the glittering attracted him like nothing else making the real world seem dull and lifeless. Tonight he was simply ‘cruising’ The Grid just to see what he could see but like a star orbiting a black hole he found himself at the entrance to the Omni-Tek datastore again.

“Why not?”

The magpie pounced to see what jewels he could find tonight.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

After trawling the shops with nothing better to do, I recieved a communique from a man only named as Isco. He asked me to meet him in Reets Retreat.
    It was a bit out of the blue, and thinking back to my past, it was probably a bad move to go and meet him.
    Weary, i asked Ridhogg along for backup, the rain was thundering down on Borealis as we met up and journeyed together to Reets.
    It was eerily quiet inside, no parties, no music, and no hustle or bustle.
    Me and Rid were both skeptical upon seeing a smug clanner, with bright white hair and a sly smile, sitting snug in the corner of the room....

*Voice recorder crackling finally subsides...*

23:57: Levrivers: Seems a bit quiet
    23:57: Ridhogg: Very
    23:57: Ridhogg: Hm
    23:57: Levrivers: Ahh, the sofa room he says
    23:58: Isco mutters and opens a can of beer
    23:58: Levrivers: Ahh, Mr.Isco
    23:58: Ridhogg looks around
    23:58: Isco: Ah Mr Rivers?
    23:58: Levrivers: Im fine, i never drink when........out
    23:58: Isco: and this formidabl looking gentleman must be MR Rid
    23:58: Isco: Take a seat gentlemen
    23:59: Ridhogg nods slightly
    23:59: Levrivers: Nice decor...
    23:59: Isco: I am glad I could contact someone from your group
    23:59: Levrivers: Me and Mr.Hogg have come, as you requested.. i believe you have some information?
    23:59: Isco nods
    00:00: Isco: I spoke to an agent called Santorin, you know him?
    00:00: Ridhogg nods
    00:00: Levrivers nods too
    00:00: Ridhogg: Certainly do.
    00:00: Isco smiles
    00:00: Isco: I'll be brief as I can
    00:00: Ridhogg whispers: I hate smiling fixers.
    00:00: Isco: You guys have no love for Omni-Tek, nor do I
    00:00: Isco: that makes us friends in my book
    00:01: Levrivers: Well, to an extent....depending
    00:01: Levrivers: You *are* a clanner, after all...
    00:01: Ridhogg: Enemy of the enemy logic... long overdue.
    00:01: Isco: our methods differ somewhat
    00:01: Levrivers: No kidding!
    00:01: Isco: but the logic holds
    00:01: Levrivers listens
    00:02: Isco: Ever heard of something called MACH?
    00:02: Ridhogg shakes head
    00:02: Levrivers: Mach?
    00:02: Isco smiles
    00:02: Isco: you seem to know as much I do
    00:02: Levrivers: Only as in the speed barrier
    00:02: Levrivers shrugs
    00:02: Isco: I think inthis case it means something else. I dont know what
    00:02: Sheriel shouts: hello??!
    00:02: Isco: Your guild the Desert Winds
    00:02: Ridhogg whispers: Smart guy, isn't he...
    00:03: Levrivers whispers: lol...
    00:03: Levrivers whispers: clan, what can you say?
    00:03: Isco: has appeared in a communique in relation to this MACH
    00:03: Levrivers: We *have*??
    00:03: Isco: I offer you this freely as friends
    00:03: Levrivers looks to Rid
    00:03: Isco nods slowly
    00:03: Ridhogg has no idea
    00:04: Ridhogg: Ok first.
    00:04: Ridhogg: We aren't friends.
    00:03: Levrivers: ...and you have no idea what this mach is?
    00:04: Isco: Whatever MACH is it uses up a tremendous...
    00:04: Levrivers grins
    00:04: Ridhogg: You're implying some disillusion of yours.
    00:04: Isco: Oh Mr Rid, you have no love for Omni-Tek nor do I
    00:05: Isco: As far as the corporation is concerned we are all rebels
    00:05: Ridhogg: That is correct.
    00:05: Levrivers: hmmm...... so what does this mach take up that's so tremendous?
    00:06: Isco: As i was saying it uses up a tremendous ammount of resources in an Omni-Tek database
    00:06: Levrivers begins to look concerned
    00:06: Isco: Its big whatever it is and it has its eye on your group
    00:06: Ridhogg: How would you sir know that?
    00:06: Ridhogg eyes Isco with su****ion
    00:07: Isco: Tricks of the trade sir
    00:07: Levrivers: Good question Rid.... you seem to be very much in the know for a .....clanner
    00:07: Isco shows an upload/download port in his arm
    00:07: Levrivers: hmmm
    00:07: Isco: A simple biograft, useful for one in my 'trade'
    00:08: Ridhogg is not quite amused by cheap gadgets
    00:08: Levrivers: yeeeees, a profession not entirely respected by the world's population tho....
    00:08: Levrivers frowns at the fixer
    00:08: Ridhogg: Well anyhow, what's the point?
    00:08: Ridhogg: You're selling us something?
    00:08: Isco: My buisness is information
    00:08: Ridhogg whispers: Ahh, a bloody leech
    00:08: Isco: In a sense
    00:08: Levrivers whispers: lol
    00:09: Levrivers: So what, you tell us this, you want what back?
    00:09: Levrivers: And why, ....
    00:09: Isco: This information, i will give to your group as a favour. Perhaps at some point in the future you can help me out
    00:09: Isco: a simple barter
    00:09: Kalannar shouts: party in the Bathroom!
    00:09: Ridhogg: You know, I already don't like you.
    00:09: Levrivers: hmmm....... i guess that's okay
    00:09: Ridhogg: I'd much rather pay than owe you a favour.
    00:10: Isco: Its your choice
    00:10: Levrivers: So that's all you have though? That OT has us listed with a weird named project, and it takes up a bit of space in their harddrive??
    00:10: Isco: There is more, I merely wanted to pique your interest
    00:11: Ridhogg: Hmmm
    00:11: Levrivers: hmmmm, and whadda we have to do, to get "more".... and how do we know it's worth it?
    00:11: Isco: I;m not the one listed in the database though, whereas you are
    00:11: Ridhogg: Yeah yeah
    00:11: Ridhogg: How much?
    00:11: Ridhogg: And yeah, what Lev said, how do we know the info is real?
    00:11: Isco: Like I said a favor in return for a future service
    00:12: Isco: When you get it youcan examine the authorisation codes on it, I asurre you though it is very real
    00:12: Ridhogg: I see, this is of technical nature then?
    00:12: Levrivers: Okay, we'll go for more then
    00:12: Levrivers whispers: i was always one to gamble
    00:13: Ridhogg whispers: I still don't like this guy
    00:13: Isco: There are no technical details, but I think you will want to see what I have
    00:13: Levrivers whispers: no kidding, definite slime ball
    00:13: Levrivers: Okay then, we're up for it, what now?
    00:13: Ridhogg mutters
    00:13: Levrivers: We'll agree to "help you out" if we can in later dealings
    00:13: Isco: A problem sir?
    00:14: Levrivers: Rid here just thinks your.........well.........best not said
    00:14: Ridhogg tries to sound convincing
    00:14: Ridhogg: No, no problem at all
    00:14: Levrivers grins
    00:14: Isco smiles
    00:14: Ridhogg: Spit it out.
    00:14: Isco: Then in that case i believe we have a deal
    00:14: Levrivers: Yeah....
    00:15: Levrivers: We have a deal then...
    00:15: Isco: I will download the file to your personal accounts
    00:15: Isco: And you will owe me a favour for future reference
    00:15: Levrivers: Okay, but if this stuff isnt worth it, well,........rid can ask you which window you wanna leave out of
    00:15: Ridhogg nods
    00:16: Isco: I assure you I wouldnt try to double cross such a formidable looking atrox
    00:18: Isco: It will take me a short while to uplink to my server and download the file
    00:18: Isco: you will recieve what I have for you in shortwhile
    00:18: Ridhogg: Alright then...
    00:18: Levrivers nods
    00:18: Levrivers: Well, then, in that case, you'll hear from us when we've recieved the information
    00:18: Isco: Expect a message in a few minutes
    00:18: Isco nods
    00:18: Ridhogg: Yeah
    00:18: Levrivers: For the moment
    00:19: Levrivers: It was a pleasure doing business with you
    00:19: Isco: I hope so friends
    00:19: Levrivers grins at Rid
    00:19: Ridhogg: Friends.... heh
    00:19: Ridhogg: We'll see what the info holds.
    00:19: Levrivers: Lets see how far we can trust you before going as far as friends
    00:19: Ridhogg nods
    00:19: Levrivers: Cya around Mr.Isco
    00:20: Ridhogg: Better around than below. Remember.
    00:20: Isco: Goodbye Gentlemen, I am sure we will meet up in the future
    00:20: Isco smiles
    00:20: Levrivers grins and shakes his head slightly
    00:20: Ridhogg: Bye.
    00:21: Ridhogg nods

Still unsure, me and Rid returned back, and i was quick to find the nearest grid and log in. Upon doing so, Isco had indeed stuck to his deal, and had left us this military report that was heavily encoded...

################################################## ################################
    ################################################## ################################

M.A.C.H. PROJECT
    STATUS - TOP SECRET
    PROJECT - OPEN AND FUNDED

STATUS REPORT #5344

Operative Dax reported a sighting of M.A.C.H. 7 talking to an Opifex named Elizera, a 'General' of the quasi-military clan The Desert Winds. M.A.C.H. 7 left with Elizera to Avalon where he was apparently recruited to that group. We have lost contact with Dax and fear the worst.

By Lev Rivers
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Taking Stock

LOCATION CLASSIFIED Nov 28

Naxilite read the reports by Lev and Ridhogg again. Some Omni-Tek project calling itself the M.A.C.H. Project was taking an interest in the Desert Winds apparently as someone called M.A.C.H. 7 had joined.

“We should check who Elizera recruited since we formed.”

Naxiltie makes a note.

“Whose this Isco guy and how is getting hold of such information so easily?”

Naxilite makes a second note.

“I’ll ask someone to look up Isco, see what they can get out of him”
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Connections

LOCATION CLASSIFIED NOV 29

Taken from a conversation between Naxilite and Elizera, leader and general of the Desert Winds, respectivly.

"Yes yes, i remember this Omega bloke, he was a medium height ,slight 'fex . He was training in the way of the Martial artist, and i did indeed meet him in Avalon. THis was some time ago now, perhaps some 3-4 weeks after the Desert Winds were created. At the time Omegatalon gave good responses to my questions, and i had no second thoughts about recruting him.

Since he joined i have had little contact with Omega, he tended to keep himself to himself, and prefered a quiet life, or so it seemed."

Written by Elizera
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

The info we got from this Isco guy isn't something you come across easily.
    Upon urging from our fearless leader I went to have a chat with him about his sources.
    I explained the benefits of telling me where and how he found such sensitive material and being the reasonable man he was he saw the logic in my words.
    He spilled the beans about a spot in the grid and supplied me with a username and password.
    Feeling confident he was telling the truth we (Me, Rid, Emul, Tris, and Rubel) (under presidential orders) persuaded him to keep quiet about this and stay out of our business.
    We won't be seeing much of him again.

That done I proceeded directly to the grid to see what was to be found.
    I encountered MACH_OS_1. Obviously the mainframe for the M.A.C.H group's system.
    Isco's access worked perfectly. I queried for Desert Winds, MACH and Omegatalon and was rewarded with three short entries. I downloaded everything to a quarantined NCU storage and left a nasty ol' virus to cover my tracks - and cause a few headaches - within M.A.C.H.

All the files are listed above. From the look of it I wouldn't be surprised if M.A.C.H are involved in Serra's disapperance. There are parallells scattered around the entries.

Written By Fikksit
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

download 1

M.A.C.H. PROJECT
    STATUS – TOP SECRET
    PROJECT – OPEN AND FUNDED

STATUS REPORT #5341

The Man Activated by Computer Hypopuncture-power (M.A.C.H.) project has been on going for almost a century now. The aim is to artificially ‘activate’ a human using a process similar to Chinese Acupuncture. Almost one thousand needles are used to inject Hyper-Power Nanobots into the subject. A CPU implant helps the subject control the nanobots, this is a necessity otherwise the host is driven insane at best due to the untold power surging through his or her body. The subject has incredible strength and mental powers and is able to perform tasks beyond even the strongest Atrox or control nanoprograms with a skill even a Nanomage would envy.

However, the process is still experimental and has been applied to six subjects with varying degrees of success, the unsuccessful applications are too many to number, A seventh subject was installed with an experimental CPU termed Angela. Angela is a neural net processor and learns the subject helping him to control the power even more efficiently and more importantly mainitaing company loyalty. Subject Seven (M.A.C.H. 7) is an Opifex code- named Omegatalon, the presence of Angela has alleviated many of the earlier problems we have encountered and M.A.C.H. 7 entered service over two years ago. He performed admirably neutralizing several threats from around the base in Stret West Bank, one clan squad was destroyed with extreme prejudice.

In August of this year M.A.C.H. 7 turned rogue, reports indicate Angela was faulty and M.A.C.H. 7 was able to override her failsafe mechanisms that prevented him leaving the company or harming an Omni-Tek employee. We lost contact with M.A.C.H. 7 and sweeps by containment teams failed to find him. We suspect he headed to Borealis to join the clans. Units are being sent to that area to contain M.A.C.H. 7 and return him home.

An advanced version of Angela is being worked on, the mistakes of the first Angela CPU have been identified and rectified for future versions.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

download 2

M.A.C.H. PROJECT
    STATUS – TOP SECRET

STATUS REPORT #5344

Operative Dax reported a sighting of M.A.C.H. 7 talking to an Opifex named Elizera, a ‘General’ of the quasi-military clan The Desert Winds. M.A.C.H. 7 left with Elizera to Avalon where he was apparently recruited to that group. We have lost contact with Dax and fear the worst.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

download 3

M.A.C.H. PROJECT
    STATUS – TOP SECRET

STATUS REPORT #5348

We have a confirmed sighting of Omegatalon in Borealis. Squads of troops will begin sweeping the city and connecting territories for Omegatalon ASAP. Omegatalon joined the rebel group ‘Desert Winds’ in August, troops should keep alert for members of this group and bring them in for questioning.

I do not need to emphasize that Omegatalon is extremely dangerous and all troops should be equipped with top of the range equipment and display extreme caution. If they sight Omegatalon they should report back for reinforcements.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

M.A.C.H. moves

NEWLAND CITY GRID EXIT 1 Dec

The Omni-Tek patrol exited the grid at the Newland city exit, quickly lining up an anonymous General spelt out the orders for the day.

“Troopers we are to sweep Borealis for Omegatalon or members of the group Desert Winds, they are to be taken in for questioning. Omegatalon is extremely dangerous and should not be approached. If you see him call for back up and apprehend him.

I have heard that Dr Cariosus will be with us today,”

The General signed and shook his head

“This is a military operation, keep an eye on the Dr and see no harm comes to him.”

An old looking man dressed in a surgical gown materialized from the grid.

“This is all I have to work with? I suppose it will have to do. General lead your troops to Borealis on the double.”

The Omni-Tek patrol set off to Borealis in perfect formation.

BOREALIS 1 Dec

“Troops split up and sweep the city, question everyone you see.”

“Sir”

The troops dispersed through the crowds running ID checks on everyone, their questions always the same

“Have you seen anyone matching the name of Oemgatalon? Have you met or seen any member of the Desert Winds group?”

The replies almost always were verging on the negative

“No we haven’t seen Omegatalon, who is he and why do you want him Omni scum?”

“Why should we tell you where the Desert Winds are, what have they done ,spoken against Omni-Tek? Get out of here Omnis, you’re not welcome.”

A concerned looking citizen, SgtDesu of Bateman & Fletcher, LLC, approached the patrol.

“Sirs, I have seen some members of the Desert Winds just north of here. Follow me.”

The Omni-Tek patrol followed SgtDesu down the slope from the Whompa station. Two women and one man were spotted.

“Hey you three, stop in the name of Omni-Tek!”

Elizera, Tazze and Vengeraxe turned, recognizing the troops for who they were they fumbled with their NCUs and activated prototype ID scramblers.

“This is it Tazze” muttered Elizera. “Keep your cool”

“I…don’t like this” said Venegeraxe “I…hope…hibernaculum knew what he was doing.”

The solitus engineer gulped and nodded. The troops ran their ID detectors over of the group, muttering they did it again.

“Seems to be some problem sir, I can’t get an accurate reading on these three, cheap equipment no doubt.”

“Then do it again soldier” replied Dr Cariosus tersely.

“Yes sir”

The trooper ran his ID detector over Elizera again for a third and shook his head.

“She is an apparent member of the Independent Rubi-Kans sir, a known neutral organization. Shall we bring her in for more questioning sir?”

“This one is a member of the Healing Hands sir, the local neutral doctors, order sir?”

The General sighed

“Move on troops”

A clanner by the name of Telios was scanned

“Rebel clan sir, orders?”

“Interrogate him”

“Sir he isn’t responding, orders?”

“You have my authority to delete his insurance General” muttered Dr Cariosus, "I suggest you do it and get a move on.”

“Yes Dr, you heard the man Trooper. Delete this clanners insurance.”

Moving on the troops encountered Toolwoman, she proved to be obstructive to questioning and had her insurance deleted.

“Don’t go dying now clanner, have a nice day”

Lev Rivers exited the whompa, he was nervous after learning Omni patrols were looking for him and members of his guild. The lithe opifex moved cautiously through the crowd, all around him he could hear the muttering from crowd members about brutal Omni Patrols scanning people, asking questions.

“This isn’t my day I just know it” muttered Lev.

“That opifex sir” The trooper pointed

“I see him, Sir could you answer a few questions for us”

Lev turned, his heart beating fast.

“I…I..sure of course” he said nervously as he fiddled with his NCU, sparks flew out of it.

“Scan isn’t telling us anything sir, no group nothing. Think he is called Lev Rivers.”

“Lev Rivers? The names familiar, hmmm. What do you know about the criminal organization the Desert Winds?”

Lev groaned inwardly, he had joined that group recently.

“No..noth…nothing sir” he stuttered

“I think he’s lying General.” Said Dr Cariosus

“Aye, Troops take him to a backyard for further questioning. Lev Rivers I hereby place you under arres….”

With a laugh Lev Rivers disappeared into thin air. A nanotechnician known as Nyadach strolled past silently chuckling.

“Dammit” shouted the Dr “you troops are incompetent! I’ll have you all court-martialed for this!”

“Sir we will find him sir, troops split up and scour the city, we will find him.”

“You had better general, you had better”

Lev materialized into Borealis backyard 6 chuckling

“That’s another one I owe Nyadach, those idiots won’t find me here”

Lev took his keycard form his pocket and started to open his apartment door, the barrel of a gun in his back stopped him.

“Lev Rivers we are looking for you. Don’t move. Sir I have him Borealis Backyard 6 requesting immediate back up.”

“On our way, good work trooper.”

Lev was rooted to the backyard floor, M.A.C.H. Project troops surrounding him, their weaponry pointed at his face.

“Think I have been here before” he muttered silently

“Ok Mr Rivers tell us everything you know about Desert Winds or my men here will make life hard for you.”

“I told you Omnis all I know!”

Elizera and Tazze ran across Borealis.

“You know what to do Tazze? I’ll distract them, you shoot Lev so he reclaims away from here.”

“And then?”

“And then we play it by ear Tazze. Good luck.”

Elizera kicked down the door to the backyard, two of the troops tumbled to the floor.

“Now Tazze shoot him!”

Tazze opened fire, Lev collapsed to the floor and awoke somewhere in Newland Desert.

“Not very subtle” he laughed “but it did the trick”

The rogue had escaped again. Back in Borealis Tazze and Elizera were chased across the city and only made good their escape using the whompa system.

“Your all on report for this” screamed the Dr “we had them today and you all let them go!”
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Phase two

FREE PRESS NEWS REPORT EXCEPRT

Free Citizens! Today a large contingent of Omni-Tek soldiery headed out into the desert around Newland City. Omni-Tek was silent about these troops and didn’t announce their arrival to the Newland city council. This is not the usual time of year for desert maneuvers and we must assume the troops are on active duty. No clan sightings have been reported, is Omni-Tek moving on neutral cities and lands?
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Phase two

FREE PRESS NEWS REPORT EXCEPRT

The Omni-Tek troops reported 3 days ago have been reinforced by Slayerdroids, Omni-Tek appear to be establishing a large presence in the desert. The Newland City Council......
    Last edited by Dr Tiny; Dec 4th, 2002 at 04:11:40.
    Recovering file

be on your guard pilgrim
    File ends

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast