Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.1 : Profession changes

HAHAHAAH Soldiers can give you a Debuff which disallows Inoc. of P. or CH

HOOORAY lets make soldiers even better than they already are with 1+minute invincibility

wtg funcom! sw00t!

hurray for the engineers. Finally we get something which will not leave us so gimped.

I would personally prefer to level off the battlefield, by building stuff, but I guess Funcom wants a kill-kill-kill atmosphere...

I think there should be a two or three person attack limit against a single character. The kind of focussed fire idea doesn't sound very fun. In fact, two people max attacking one person would make a good drawn out fight I think. I just don't want to see things like <<Everyone goes for doc---> doc dies---> team dies--> the end>> It would just be a fight to see who knocks the doc out first. Not incredibly fair in my mind :P.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

MAs, awww, Fixers, eek

If I log on today, find myself a new MA attack ....reset some skills to up riposite (!!!!) ....and then find the recharge time of the new attack to be 15 min ...... then i will seriously never ever play MA again .....
    For the sake of a great friend I hope this MA attack helps MAs.

Now, on to the Fixer thing.

A special nuke for NTs that targets GA? Now, I'm not going to try and say that GA fixers aren't powerful. However, NTs tend not to have a lot of trouble dealing with my GA. It's built for evades, not resisting nukes. Why was it felt that NTs needed a special nuke, the norm work working fine I decided while looking at various reclaim terminals.

Also, fixers don't have an immense amount of health, so at higher levels, super NT nukes waste us quite well.

Oh well, I had problems with NTs before, now I'll just have more problems. There are other professions to fight out there, I'll just avoid the NTs.

Personally, I think MAs needed some kind of Anti Fixer skill.

Maybe: "Preminition: The MA calms his/her mind and focuses his mind on near by Grid Beacons (or whatever the thing is that binds us GA fixers to the grid and the real world) allowing him to predict where they will move."

In plain english, MAs are better against GA. They're the ones who needed it, not the NTs

Thumbs up

Gonna keep my mouth shut about the engie changes until I see them in action

-J

PvP abuse

Awwww c'mon I can just hear it now... You have a weapon thaht has bust, and I don't! Is that abuse?...........

ADV's RULE!
    How long will a floating point operation float?

I think fc fired the wrong people!
    well actualy im sure wth is this?!?!
    fixers are turning into losers again
    adv's get a root resist line?!?!
    docs can deprive???? (like it was easy killing them befor?)
    NT's get an anti fixer nano?!? (WTF IS THIS??? NT'S OWN US ANY WAYS EVEN WITHOUT IT!!!!!)

FC hated and will always hate the fixers.
    they made us balanced just to make us mad again

Talking Riposte

MAs! Why all the whining about Riposte? At least we have a buff for it that we never needed to use before!

....Thats more than we can say about Bows still.

Nerf Riposte! Make new Attack MA based

uggg

Crats never asked for init debuffs...dont throw us a useless bone!
    Especially one that breaks on damage or damage shileds !!! What's the point?

I can understand that area calms would be considered overpowering as potentially 1 crat could turn a battle with a well timed area calm. No argument there. It has been shown to be extremely overpowering in DAOC and many measures have been taken to counter the mez spell there, especially the area mez.

Having said this, I do not agree that a single target mez(calm) is overpowering and therefore do not understand why it is not allowed in PvP. In most cases it would be used as a getaway option and defensively by crats. Sure, a 2 on 1 battle could be won by the crat with a mez but most likely if dealing with similar lvls the crat would kill the first one (if he could even) and run!

All they would have to do is implement the similar solution like DAOC did to prevent someone from chain mezzing the player. A timer based immunity on mez or cooldown. Once cast on you, perhaps a 5 mins immunity to that spell. Something like that.

Calm is our bread and butter. We need it for PvP. We cannot charm another player :P. Pvp usually takes place in spots where there are no mobs to charm. Therefore fear, and 2 charm lines are already negated in PvP and add calm of course. IMO this is too much. This leaves us with root and run which most times = dead... Nuke and pet dmg and hope by some miracle you live which again does not work. I know you uber crats will come on and say how your superior tactics killed a high levl fixer blah blah blah.. No doubt you can win the odd fight, but more times than not you don't.

I mean the pet cannot hold agro of course in PvP and it does not even interupt the caster. At least in DAOC the pet while doing far less damage than the player served a big purpose of interupting the caster. And dont get me started on how the pet no longer listens to you if you get debuffed! Anyhow, this is getting off topic somewhat so i'll stop there.

Mez is more my concern and I feel we should have the single target one with some steps to make sure its not chain cast.

Then why not a New additional nano line for calm classes(ie trader, crat whatever, perhaps slight variations depending on class) that can:

1. only be used in PVP
    2. single target mez only
    3. has a 3 minute cooldown(to prevent chain casting)
    4. the mez does not last more than 45 secs.

(3 and 4 would vary depending on lvl of nano but not much +or- than this outline)

I think its fair and very doable... with Notum wars coming team pvp will be more important and I dont see how this can be abused and will be quite important. It does not allow the calmer to be overpowerful as some have stated and yet does not leave them defenseless.
    Umm.. yes, i chose a crat.. i know.. WHY oh WHY?

Rocco Romble Eberling

Playing my alt Lakespeed like many other crats

Account Created 2001-06-28 3:08:07

Originally posted by GoldenEagle
    docs can deprive???? (like it was easy killing them befor?)
    Originally posted by Cz
    Doctor
    • Doctors have received a new deprive/ransack resist nanoline.
    Read it again? Please?
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Do agents get to cast any of the new nanos? if not, can you please just admit you think FP was a bad idea and completely revamp the agent.

-Arsiine

woooooooops
    i guess i was to mad and i read it my way....
    yet i still dont understand why traders get an anti debuff line arent they gods already?
    and nt's... why give them a nano against a fixer if they can beat us like nothing???

You missed one on Adventurers...

"The Ancient Adventurer Sword is now available as a quest"

Please tell me that you just forgot to put it in the patchnotes?
    TOMTEMOR

Some of these changes sound good...but..Paper - Rock - Scissors?

Wow...we sure are breaking down some strategy design barriers there aren't we? Did someone not get paid last month or something?

Really...this makes the strategy of group PVP the most basic and juvenile thing. Where is the strategy in this?

Im an NT I can kill that fixer.

Oh no...there is (insert prof) he will kill me.

Boring and insulting.

Maybe it will work out differently. Sorry for being NEGATOR here.
    -Sardunos-
    Nano-Technician

Squad Commander: The Forsaken

-Rotempiel-
    Shade
    (lvl 4)

Whitesand....

Apparently you dont realise that EVEN if this MA attack is good, we STILL can't do any damage once we are in range!!!

Re: impossible to pvp against doc now

Originally posted by Pinok
    So now as a trader, I will be totally unable to win against a doc ? Because without our deprive/ransacks we'll have the same weapons stats, the docs can still heal and debuff our initiative and since my gun is overequiped when deprive is not running i'll shot at 75 % ???
    Give us at least a nano to counter the init debuff then, they'll still have their heal but it will give us ONE chance !

Thanatha, 70 trader on RK-2
    The new doctor nanos are not worth having.

Don't worry about them. With the best one we'll actually be able to cast, we'll be lucky if we resist drains an extra 2 times out of 10 over nanoresist.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Zane0
    I think there should be a two or three person attack limit against a single character. The kind of focussed fire idea doesn't sound very fun. In fact, two people max attacking one person would make a good drawn out fight I think. I just don't want to see things like <<Everyone goes for doc---> doc dies---> team dies--> the end>> It would just be a fight to see who knocks the doc out first. Not incredibly fair in my mind :P.
    This tactic will rapidly change for two reasons:

One is that people will realize most Docs are highly ineffective healers in mass PvP. Why?

1. You can only heal people in range of your nanos.
    2. You can only team with five other people to see their health status.
    3. Some of the people you're teamed with will be meleers or have short-range guns.
    4. The rest of the people you're teamed with will have X-3 long range riles.
    5. Everyone is moving around to follow their targets or get away from an enemy attacker.

Result?
    Very rarely is anybody in range of your heals.

NTs, Traders, Fixers, and Crats will become the biggest targets in mass pvp. Because they have area-effect attacks of nukes, debuffs, roots, and snares. Anyone who can area debuff and area snare/root especially will be the top of the hit-list, because those abilities are highly annoying.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Re: the NT's Fixer-Killer nano in 14.7.x

So they are doing it anyway...

PvP is slowly becoming Rock-Paper-Scissors...

LAME

Currently:

NT = Scissors, Fixers = Paper...

Waiting for the next set of patch notes to add to that....

But in the meantime, don't worry to much Fixers. If I'm not mistaken, the nano will drop when:

*-Tarasque is up in more then 60 GSs
    *-The two blackholes that NASA predicted will combine in 400 million years suprisingly meet each other 399.9999999999 million years early (read: 20 minutes before you kill the mob that drops it).
    *-David Letterman & Jay Leno join forces and make a new nighttime TV show on ABC
    *-More than 4 major countries in the world fully legalize cultivation and public use of marijuana

...in other words, on one of the outdoor boss mobs that require tons and tons of time and a good bunch of people who are willing to drop the time to help some NT find it....lame lame lame.

It would've been soo much cooler to have to ask "what components do I need to put the damn thing together?" instead of "who's the mob with a ridiculous ****load of HP, Evades, and NR that has this in his right pocket?"....

Now to look at the rest of the patch notes....
    .: Naraya :.

Re: Re: the NT's Fixer-Killer nano in 14.7.x

Originally posted by Naraya
    But in the meantime, don't worry to much Fixers. If I'm not mistaken, the nano will drop when:

*-Tarasque is up in more then 60 GSs
    *-The two blackholes that NASA predicted will combine in 400 million years suprisingly meet each other 399.9999999999 million years early (read: 20 minutes before you kill the mob that drops it).
    *-David Letterman & Jay Leno join forces and make a new nighttime TV show on ABC
    *-More than 4 major countries in the world fully legalize cultivation and public use of marijuana
    Sheesh, quit exaggerating!

It'll drop *long* after all of those things happen.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

sounds good
    Phoenix1 - RIP
    Volske
    -------------------------------------------
    " No man accepts leadership with out the challenge of combat."

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast