Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.1 : Profession changes

Re: 14.7.1 : Profession changes

Originally posted by Cz
    [B]Adventurer
    • Because of PvP abuse, the execution time on the "other" version (e.g. "Sparrow Flight (Other)") of the reet morphing nano programs has been increased a lot.
    Humm, not that I'm against that, in essance, what about calais form parrot other, as sometimes I "rescuce" a team-mate by parroting them at a camp hunt?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Sounds interesting so far

So far the patch sounds interesting. I have to try out the new rooting/snaring and how breakable they are now. IMHO the roots/snares were kinda a joke even when people were chain casting them in PvP. Can't wait to try this new patch out.

Originally posted by Kamata
    Adventurer

Because of PvP abuse, the execution time on the "other" version (e.g. "Sparrow Flight (Other)") of the reet morphing nano programs has been increased a lot.

And how much is a lot?

I've never PvP'd and now I and other Advents get punished for the actions of the few.
    Even though it sucks for you it needs to be fixed, I'm sitting there fighting someone and his buddy comes along and turns me into a reet and I get wasted, definetly blows.
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

Originally posted by Soyuz
    Snares are being made a lot harder to break this patch. Also, since it's a disruptive aura, I can't see it being resisted either.
    And when they break that snare, they'd better get away from the bot before the aura pulses again. Your bot is effectively casting a short duratin, small sized AoE snare around itself every 20secs. This aura does not appear to aggro guards.

Having your droid lose aggro now is much nicer - at least the mobs leaving it to come and beat up the engie will be moving much slower.

Combine that with the engie occasionally running in close to the bot to aura blind the mobs/enemy players that it has snared, while having his own specials resist nano running (to catch any brawls directed his way)...... Sounds like a semi-promising tactic.
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.

Originally posted by Cz
    Soldier
    • Added two new hostile nanos. As long as the target has one of these nanos running it cant be healed by "Complete Healing" or "Invocation of the Phoenix".
    thx finaly some soldier love is coming
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

Originally posted by TwinFooTwo
    If I log on today, find myself a new MA attack ....reset some skills to up riposite (!!!!) ....and then find the recharge time of the new attack to be 15 min ...... then i will seriously never ever play MA again .....
    Buy a lowlevel one for testing.

/me gives you a cookie.

q200 requires 400 riposte

Angry impossible to pvp against doc now

So now as a trader, I will be totally unable to win against a doc ? Because without our deprive/ransacks we'll have the same weapons stats, the docs can still heal and debuff our initiative and since my gun is overequiped when deprive is not running i'll shot at 75 % ???
    Give us at least a nano to counter the init debuff then, they'll still have their heal but it will give us ONE chance !

Thanatha, 70 trader on RK-2

Guess Docs are supposed to be Trader killers, dunno. I think it just removes the debuff on themselves (maybe others?) and you still gain your bonuses. No worries about staying OEd. Also, if they are constantly casting that new nano, it's less time spent on healing.
    Animacion 160 Opi Enforcer equipment
    Takima 166 Trader
    Proud member of First Order for 3 years and going.

"All things around you grow stonger from your spilled blood. Now, you grow stronger from theirs."

Arrow Re: impossible to pvp against doc now

Originally posted by Pinok
    So now as a trader, I will be totally unable to win against a doc ? Because without our deprive/ransacks we'll have the same weapons stats, the docs can still heal and debuff our initiative and since my gun is overequiped when deprive is not running i'll shot at 75 % ???
    So, don't fight the docs, get someone else to do it... That is rather the point of team PvP, tactics and the like...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

It seems to me that an awful lot of people that whine about PvP are just talking about dueling. I'm really tired of hearing from those people. You can't kill profession X one-on-one? SO WHAT? Why do you expect that you are supposed to be able to?

I realize not all of the people complaining about PvP balance are these duelers, and that there are some real issues out there that affect all PvP, even mass PvP. But it sures seems like the vast bulk of the whining that drags down the boards comes from people entirely too focused on one-on-one situations, which is not at all where Funcom's focus is.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

I dont mind the new ma using riposte so much. Yes, thats yet another skill Ill have to take and will probably lose my claw over it. But, my concern lies in the recharge time for the new attack. It had better be rather short, as in 10-15 seconds. If its 40+ like the other ma specials then what is the point? I get rooted, I use it and I instantly get rooted again. We are getting nano resist buff with it but at the same time the resist on snares/roots are being turned down which will nullify that advantage.

Please make the recharge time low.
    Travesty
    martial arts has-been
    freedom fighter
    teen idol

"Dont hate me because I'm beautiful. Hate me because Im sleeping with your girlfriend."

i'm more concerned with the anti-GA nuke. i mean, i understand the concept of balance and rock-paper-scissors, but this is the FIRST time any nano or item has been aimed at a specific profession, or subset of that profession, in this case. this nuke is devestating at high levels.....1k-2k damage-ish (iirc), and it kills my HoT? NT's already pwn me without thinking about it. did they really need to make it worse? i've done some pvping on beta, with my lvl 200 NT vs a lvl 200 GA4 fixer. even without using the new nuke, i could kill him with ease....with it, it wasn't even funny.

i suppose, as a fixer, i'm just going to have to insta-grid every time i see an NT look at me. not cool.

edit : oh yeah, the nuke is almost insta-cast, too, with like a 3 or 4 second recharge, so it can be chain-cast.
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

Originally posted by VNine
    Guess Docs are supposed to be Trader killers, dunno.
    At least somebody's a trader killer now.

And since NTs could already wipe the floor with us, maybe this new nano will make everyone who lacks the understanding of basic tactics finally get off our backs about being teh ubah.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Hmmm...

Hmmm...anyone think of this scenario...

Two teams out in a 25% zone. One, a team of Clanners (levels unimportant...this is just hypothetical)...there's an Enforcer, an MA, a Fixer, a Doc, an Adventurer, and an Agent. The other, a team of Omnis, there's an NT, a Crat, a Doc, a Trader, an MA, and an Enforcer.

Both now have to decide what they are going to do to each other...

The Clan team decides to have the Enforcer, MA and Fixer all concentrate their attacks and specials on the enemy Doc, while the Agent attempts to alpha the squishy NT. The Doc and Adventurer will concentrate on heals, while focusing fire on the Trader.

The Omni team decides to have the Trader immediately drain the Doc to nullify their healing. The NT is supposed to blast the Fixer out of existance. The Crat needs to AoE init debuff all of them. The Doc knows that somebody on his team is gonna get seriously alphaed, so his job is to chain-cast the Team Heals. The Enforcer and MA need to concentrate on their Enforcer and take him out (not too worried about the Doc, that's the Trader's job).

Now, can anyone actually predict who the winner of this match up will be? My brain farted about 12 times even trying to come up with tactics. Sure, I know a lot of folks say that the best tactic is to just alpha 1 person, then go to the next, rinse, wipe and repeat, but isn't the other team going to be doing "something" other than just sitting there? What I came up with just sounds sensible to me...I can't say I'm an expert at this. I'm just trying to move thinking towards what I foresee as probable in the upcomming Notum Wars PvP.

In other words, an NT will join a group, and everyone will know that he's the verified Fixer killer. Or a Crat will join a group, and peeps will know that they should try to keep the Doc alive (since they MAY have a chance to get heals in due to the Crat's nice debuffs). Just different strategies and tactics for different peeps in a group situation...that's what I'm seeing.

Peace,
    Souldoctah

The Advent changes are lame. There were other things Funcom could have done to prevent using reet form (other) while fighting. Funcom could have made the (other) forms similar to our calm line which requires the target to not be in combat. So, this would prevent an advent from casting it on a pvp opponent while in battle. Further, the 15% resist on the roots/snares is a bit crappy as well. What do we do the other 85% of the time? just sit there and die?

how about when an agent comes along and roots us with a 30+min root, then decides to just walk away. oh what fun...

although, i'm not surprised. with the advent "love" (or lack thereof) that has come from funcom thus far, it is quite apparent that no one reads the advent forums, or gives two craps about what we think we need in order to compete.

where are the MTI Greys?
    where is the Ancient Advent Sword?
    why are morphs still screwed up with 2handed weapons?
    why can't we carry a ql200 pistol in our offhand?

funcom, give us some combat nanos. allow us to morph an opponent into a plant so we can root, and throw a NR check in it. and for god sakes, please put in some pistols that have reachable MR requirements...and implement the G-D MTIs into the game.

why do I even write this? I've been writing the same thing about pistols and advents forever...and funcom has yet to address any concerns. and now, they give us a 15% chance to resist a root. thanks for nothing. oh, by the way, our nano resist skills are dark blue.

Originally posted by Whatsamatta
    It seems to me that an awful lot of people that whine about PvP are just talking about dueling. I'm really tired of hearing from those people. You can't kill profession X one-on-one? SO WHAT? Why do you expect that you are supposed to be able to?

I realize not all of the people complaining about PvP balance are these duelers, and that there are some real issues out there that affect all PvP, even mass PvP. But it sures seems like the vast bulk of the whining that drags down the boards comes from people entirely too focused on one-on-one situations, which is not at all where Funcom's focus is.
    Pretty much sums it up. Like zone hugging duels are supposed to be real PvP or even fun.

Arrow

Get used to gas hugging.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

sure would be nice if they actually tried fixing the original version of the game before asking us to buy another version that promises to be even more broken wouldn't it?

everything i've seen so far in patch notes really makes me glad i canceled my account.

MA

Just give the MA's the proper crit chance after buffs and we'll be happy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast