Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 14.7.1 : Profession changes

Re: Re: Re: the NT's Fixer-Killer nano in 14.7.x

Originally posted by Evil "Evilspork" Spork
    Sheesh, quit exaggerating!

It'll drop *long* after all of those things happen.
    ya, except for the one you can buy in the friggin' store!
    Muffinhunter
    200/AL 5 Clan Fixer (omg finally)
    Jadedmuffin
    81 Omni MP (on hold...man, MP's get boring fast.)
    Acknonano
    34 Clan Raidslave Doc (or at least that was the initial idea...)

Since when you it mattered if you could make some damage on fixers on their beloved GA MKIV? If I do remember correctly, it doesn't matter if you do damage on them, you can still almost never kill them...unless some bug that doesn't let them to grid out.

How about...

new nano programs specifically designed to take traders and doctors out?
    Gailyn, level 200 NT, Rimor.

Feel free to check my post history (suggestion from Aaronb, since he seems to think that everything I say is wrong (mostly because I do not agree that this game should have only few uber professions, but 12 more or less balanced professions based on their individual strenghts))

Yesterday I was in 2ho pvping together with a lot of clanners and omni.

With all the best buffs available including nano-resist, i was full deffensive with a nanoresist around 1k.

I was deprived, ransacked, rooted, blinded and killed.
    Not resisting anything, not doing ANY damage at all .... my fists do 100-150max (non-crit) and 200-250 brawl. I never ever crit with TTS and UVC. A single HoT on the oponent, and he doesnt even have to fight back, cause his shield RRFE will kill me and he will still be full health.

This is abseloutly ****** and ****** ...so i would just say ****** and to ****** ....grrrrr

(Yes, I made the *'s since the post would have been deleted by FC if I had used the real words)

A dumb question ...obviously : Isn't martial artists supposed to be good at this one only thing --- FIGHTING?

Sorry people, I've been defending FC from the whiners ever since i started this game a year ago ....
    but now ....PPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT..

I cant take it anymore, goodbye everyone

/quit
    Main chars :
    Tumtitum - 220 Soldier, Atlantean
    Darkseraphin - 220 NT, Atlantean
    Twinfootwo - 220 Martial Artist, Atlantean
    There is no foot in my name!
    Shaolinna - 218 Agent, Atlantean

First person to be drunk every single level from 1 to 220 ..ever......

This is AO, every class is supposed to be good at fighting.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

yepp, so naturally a tradesman, an engineer, a crat, a technician, a meta physician and so on can kick an MAs ass?

.... Not that im trying to compare this with real life, but still ...... it's a bit odd.
    MAs doesnt have any skills but fighting. So I guess we should be fighting. When we can no longer fight, what are we supposed to do?
    Tell jokes? Go to ballet? Be a clown in some circus?

....I'm thinking ... what do I admire in a true martial artist (and why did i try to become one in AO) ??
    It's not only the close combat fighting skills, but also the way they can meditate, go deep into themselves. May be the MAs should have additional atttacks like "mind tricks" (huh huh Jedi huh huh) ...I'm not sure.
    Presence of the Dominator, is a funny nano sometimes, but can only be used to scare mobs away. (Scare leets in the backyard and such)
    Why couldnt it be used in pvp like some sort of stun (with a different description)
    While some proffessions can spam-stun me, I have this one (really really nerfed) shen that has a recharge of 15 minutes and only holds the enemy for 3 seconds or so ....
    (The damage by shen has been reduced so much, it does under 100 pr hit and is broken easily ..(in my case that is))
    Dimach req for shen is way to high compared with what you gain from using it....

Come up with something please. I just want pvp to be *a little* fun for a fighter-class.
    Main chars :
    Tumtitum - 220 Soldier, Atlantean
    Darkseraphin - 220 NT, Atlantean
    Twinfootwo - 220 Martial Artist, Atlantean
    There is no foot in my name!
    Shaolinna - 218 Agent, Atlantean

First person to be drunk every single level from 1 to 220 ..ever......

" was deprived, ransacked, rooted, blinded and killed.
    Not resisting anything, not doing ANY damage at all .... my fists do 100-150max (non-crit) and 200-250 brawl. I never ever crit with TTS and UVC. A single HoT on the oponent, and he doesnt even have to fight back, cause his shield RRFE will kill me and he will still be full health. "

Sounds so familiar. Albeit I am an NT....wish I could swap to trader now...too bored to play my low level trader tweak up to the big leaque.

If tradeskills were viable and you could level off of them (like Neocron), then a tradesman, an engineer, a crat, a technician, a meta physician wouldn't have to be able to kick anyone's ass, or at least only a few people's asses. But since this is AO, they have to be able to hold their own in combat. I never said I agreed with it, just that that's the way Funcom decided it should be.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

Sigh

Ok, I see once again that PvP decides the game for everyone else to a large extent, but could there be some way to have some sort of check to see if you are IN PvP areas, and let things like parrot other and some nanos work normally when you are NOT in a PvP area? Or would that simply be too inconsistent?
    "Ignorance is the greatest evil we will ever face" . -Dr. James Cone, ca 1990 CE

Available for Weddings, Mediations, Treaties, Celebrations, and Hugs...
    Neutrals come join #neutrality on irc.funcom.com! Everyone welcome.
    Counseling available by appointment-Priestess Cathryn Ardman
    Cat's Closet

Favourite Chat Colours: 250 200 250, try it!
    I am an adventurer, of COURSE I like going camping! :P

Say you're in the arena or something and you go out of the 0% so you can't get ganked, then someone reets you......
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

Question So, umm...

Why did they put riposte as a skill needed for the new MA attack? /boggle
    Last edited by Pooky; Dec 2nd, 2002 at 19:17:25.

It's part of Funcom's brand new plan to make all of the underused skills useful. See also: towers.
    Hi.

Angry OMG turned ma's into crap pure crap

OMG because of u guys Ma's are not even worth the time to play with anymore whats with the nerf ??? you guys killed ma's with that stupid nerf and i think that i speak for all the ma's when i sya that u guys should bring it back the way it was.......... u guys gave us some crapy move and expect it all to be ok....... the truth is all ma's are good for is critical buffing.........u guys took a really good proffession and turned it to crap please fix up ma's in the next patch we worked really hard on our ma's to see them suffer in PVP or at least bring back shen and its original damage but no u guys nerfed that to. Because of u guys MA's SUCK NOW

Giving you something that sucks isn't a nerf. Taking away something that was good and giving you something in its place that sucks is a nerf.
    Hi.

The Doc Deprive resist nanos have ungodly high requirements. If I don't want to cast better heals and Team HP buffs I can yank out those implants and slap in those implants I need to raise MC I believe. Hmm do I want to heal worth a damn or try and resist a deprive or 2?...Im currently 151 Doc and I can't even use a qlty 119 deprive resist nano and I'm currently maxed out in MC. I shouldn't have to change implants to use a nano that is 32 levels below me. I could see changing implants to use a higher qlty nano but not to use one that is way below your level. What were you thinking when you designed these nanos?

Now we know whats really happening to all the notum.....the programmers are smoking it all.
    AKA "Love Doc"
    Doctor of Whispers Edge

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345