Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.1 : Nano changes

Originally posted by Whitesand

Hehe lol yes I can break a root once and after I break it you reroot me. Its the same if we had absolutly no chance - cause what I see is. You root me - I break it with the rootbreaker stim then you reroot me and I have to wait a amount of time to break it again. Yes thx thats a really good chance lol.
    Well first one will have to use a decent root / snare to begin with for it to be effective in a situation. Secondly if you have items/kits for breaking this chances are the person not matter what prof. casting the snares/roots will run out of nano first.

@whitesand
    maybetrue but our nano pools r not like 10000. i can cast my best root for about 5 times (my nanopools sux). others may be able to use it 10 times.

if u see that hes chaincasting roots, turn on MK and let him root his NP empty

PVP is not like mob fighting. just q and sometimes hit the burst button wont help ya.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Originally posted by Waffen

Good god, I'm going to vomit. TMS is a joke and is far more of a hinderance in PvP than not. Nano shutdown and conflict with reflect are just two of the big screw-jobs with it, and it would be nice for a change for the non-soldier playing peeps out there to not flaunt it as being all über.

Bah. I'll just refer you to the soldier boards to see the rest of the information.
    erm ... have u ever seen a MP whos is casting roots???
    pretty evry proff sux if a nanoshutdown is casted on them.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Originally posted by Achmed20

erm ... have u ever seen a MP whos is casting roots???
    pretty evry proff sux if a nanoshutdown is casted on them.
    TMS causes nano shutdown. Jeebus.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

now calcing level of spells in mez's effect
    ARRRGGGHHHHH!!! I dont give a flying f___ if my root lasts 2 minutes or 50, I only need it to last 1:45 seconds while the guy next to it drops, now my mezs will cost twice as much, for the exact same effect they had before... just had to complain. Other then that, it looks like everything else is OK. thought that mez's ddn't work at all in pvp? didn't seem to when I cast it, admitedlly I dont pvp much

Replay 63 crat

oh jeah ... i forgot
    but whers teh matter?
    what nanos is a soldier going to use after he is fully buffed beside MK shield?

only nano i can remember is getting aggro which wont help ya during pvp. and nanoshutdown doesnt affect First aid or treatment ao u r still able to use deroot kits
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

oh jeah ... i forgot
    but whers teh matter?
    Reflect. No way to get reflect back up after TMS, and soldiers just get re-rooted anyway with less protection than before.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat

hmmm ok.
    but m sure during the time ur MK is running, u shoudl be able to get the fixers HP down pretty much. since soldier use ranged weapons anyway its shouldnt realy be that hard to hit the fixer. mose fixer still use MCS which has a pretty lwo range so he realy shoudl be in range to hit him.

soldiers alpha strike bring me down to half HP most times and i dotn use GA. a GA fixer is nearly dead after a alha strike
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Thumbs down

I hate what you're doing to calms. Levelbased resist in a skillbased game = suck.
    Katelin "Elasii" McCovery

Elizabet "Elizabetha" Suitt (retired soldier)

Division 9 R.S.G.E

hmmm ok.
    but m sure during the time ur MK is running, u shoudl be able to get the fixers HP down pretty much. since soldier use ranged weapons anyway its shouldnt realy be that hard to hit the fixer. mose fixer still use MCS which has a pretty lwo range so he realy shoudl be in range to hit him.

soldiers alpha strike bring me down to half HP most times and i dotn use GA. a GA fixer is nearly dead after a alha strike
    Nope, once TMS goes up - everyone runs out of range to heal, reload, drink some tea, eat a sandwich, etc., and the rooted TMS'd soldier stands around picking his nose. Anyone who stays to fight a soldier with TMS up isn't exactly the brightest.

The fully healed and charged opponent comes back to fight the soldier with no reflect, less health, and much less nano than before to attempt anything (T&S was locked, so no nano recharge either).

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat

Re: 14.7.1 : Nano changes

Originally posted by Cz
    To slightly counteract this addition, the amount of Nano Resist used in the defensive calculations was reduced by 10%.
    It should have been increased by 100% at least because with the current broken state of nano resist it's already impossible to resist anything.

use simple restoraion kist (trade skill items)! i do that since a while. cause in fight i have teh coince of using HP or NP stims. HP helps me stayin allife for a short time whiel NP stims gimme teh chance to evac. i jsut combined possibilities.

restores HP and NP and doesnt requires TS.

btw, if he just away from u, dont cast TMS. trick him with using a shield of Low ql. same visual effect and he may have teh illusion that u casted MK shield

there r so mcuh ways to trick players and win PVP. every proff has strong and weak sides.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

And roots should be like a parry shield or a fob: only last 1/10 of a second per QL. 5 minutes is an eternity.

Re: um..?

Originally posted by Servivious
    How hard can it be to make it so that you can remove roots/snares with a debuff, after the figt is over. there is already a mechanism n place to check if you are in a fight; just introduce a root/snare breaker nano (gen) that only works if you have no aggro.
    Because you could remove roots/snares by casting a calm on the mob attacking you?
    Turchin - Fat Crat member of Illuminati.

use simple restoraion kist (trade skill items)! i do that since a while. cause in fight i have teh coince of using HP or NP stims. HP helps me stayin allife for a short time whiel NP stims gimme teh chance to evac. i jsut combined possibilities.

btw, if he just away from u, dont cast TMS. trick him with using a shield of Low ql. same visual effect and he may have teh illusion that u casted MK shield

there r so mcuh ways to trick players and win PVP. every proff has strong and weak sides.

ooohhh thats right, lets use a LOW LEVEL TMS to "fool" him. yuck yuck! ya that will really help when we are still nanoshutdown for 2 minutes

why not? u can use teh "free movement stims" (name of teh derootkits) too.

u just need a FA skill. the heigher ur skill is, the better kits u can use, the faster u can break roots.

and my MK shield suggestion is more asugesstion if u realy cant get rid of the root.

and if u guys forgot! a lvl 200 guy cant root a lvl 100 one. so u only have to break roots in a QL in ur lvl range.
    true but a lvl200 guy has a powerfull and strong root and we need a powerfull and strong "free movement stims" to get rid of the root. But don't forget sodiers have a gimped first aid skill not that we didn't max it cause that it is a blue skill and how many lvl200 soldier can use higher ql stims as ql125?

What I want to say is if I need a ql160-200 stims to break a root from a lvl200 char then It wont help me cause I never can use such high ql stims. And a ql125 "free movement stim" on a very high root? Hmm don't know how good it works but I'll not hope that it is useless.
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

@whitesand
    if u see that hes chaincasting roots, turn on MK and let him root his NP empty
    I don't understand what you mean @achmed20 our tms shield doesn't add nanoresist or give us a higher chance to resist a root. So when we put up tms then u root us again - we use rootbreaker and u root us again. I can do this without tms the same way i can do this with tms. Where is the difference? I don't need tms cause u cannot shot and root me in the same time. So why should i use tms?
    You do it cause you have to do it - but you don't do it cause you want to do it.

oh jeah ... i forgot
    but whers teh matter?

only nano i can remember is getting aggro which wont help ya during pvp. and nanoshutdown doesnt affect First aid or treatment ao u r still able to use deroot kits
    Hehe well thats cause we soldier don't have nanos for battles! Not our fault if funcom gives us only buffs which increases our weapon skills etc. I would love to have some offensive nanos which I can cast in battles belive me.

First aid has a recharge of 40secs.

As for a lower shield, I'm assuming you don't mean a low TMS, as what Calvara stated holds true. Same nano shutdown business.

If you mean some other shield, then a soldier can't go into battle fully buffed to attempt this "trick", as you would get the "better nanoprogram running" error. This would leave them much more open to someone's alpha without the best shield running at the time.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat

im talking about shields not TMS. radiation deflection shied, fire defelction shield or whatever.

about the restoration kist! teh guy is also unable to use any treament kits or nano rechrager. hes still in fight to he cant use em. only item hey can use r stims too.

restoration kits may need take 40 secs, but they add NP and HP. using both as stims would take 60 secs.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast