Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.1 : Nano changes

14.7.1 : Nano changes

• Engineers, Bureaucrats and Meta Physicists have received pet buffs which increase the pets' attack rating. Each of these professions has their own nano line for this.
    • There has been a change to the way root, snare and mesmerise programs work (note that only the pure mesmerize nanos were changed, while the adventurer versions did not change).
    • ...The chance of a root or snare being broken has been reduced. For snares, this reduction is a dramatic one (the chances of breaking a snare through a normal attack are typically under 10%). This affects the programs being broken by normal attacks, by nano-damage attacks, and by debuffs. The chance that the root or snare will be broken by a debuff is now under 10% (and gets close to 0% for the highest level versions). Some professions' programs are harder to break than others’.
    • ...Nano Technician and Bureaucrat mesmerize programs now have a chance that they will not be broken by debuffs (they still break 100% of the time when any damage is inflicted, however). Low level mesmerise will still be broken by debuffs often, but the highest level versions will rarely, if ever, be broken just by a debuff.
    • ...To allow mesmerise nanos to be somewhat useful in PvP they will now also debuff the initiatives of the target at the same time. Of course, if the mesmerise is broken by an attack, the initiative debuff will go away at the same time.
    • ...To make it so that low level roots, snares and mesmerise programs cannot be used effectively on high level players or monsters, the level of the target is now used in the defensive rolls of these nanos. You will now have to use a higher-level version to be able to land the nano effectively on a high level player/monster. To slightly counteract this addition, the amount of Nano Resist used in the defensive calculations was reduced by 10%.
    • Several lines of programs for battling roots and snares have been added. The professions gaining these are Agent, Bureaucrat, Fixer, Nano Technician and Trader. Bureaucrats, Engineers and Meta Physicists also get such programs for use on their pets only.
    • Hitting yourself with an offensive nano program to remove hostile nano programs from your NCU no longer works.

Grrrrr Nerfed

As an enforcer I really don't understand why there are these 5min or longer roots in the game. It already was increadible difficult to break them, but now you say it even becomes more difficult, and not a sign that we get a nano program as well to get rid of it.

So in other words, we are just expected to stand there in a solomission to do nothing at all for 5 min?
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

• Several items to get rid of enemy nano programs (e.g. root and snare) running in your NCU have been added.
    ...from World Changes.

Re: 14.7.1 : Nano changes

Originally posted by Cz
    • ...To make it so that low level roots, snares and mesmerise programs cannot be used effectively on high level players or monsters, the level of the target is now used in the defensive rolls of these nanos. You will now have to use a higher-level version to be able to land the nano effectively on a high level player/monster. To slightly counteract this addition, the amount of Nano Resist used in the defensive calculations was reduced by 10%.
    I totally agree that this is a *good* thing - it will help even the level range curve thats shot to hell atm.

However its gonna really mess with NTs - there are 4 naons in our calm line -- qls 30, 60, 129 and 159. The majority of NTs start using Project Calm (ql60) at 50ish, and keep using it until level 120 or so - at 90, I'm many levels off being able to use it as pm and si are both title capped.

Can the dev team look at introducing som new calm to plug the gaps? I'm not lookingfor uber-owerfu calms or anything extra, just a greater number in the line so that NT's at level 100 aren't using a level60 nano on level 180 mobs in team missions..... Perhaps adding a ql 45, 90, 110, 145, and perhaps one or two higher than159? The duration and everthing else should fit into the line as it is, because the NT calm line is wel balanced at the moment. (except for chain resists on green mobs, which this change should fix..)

Edit: spelling and - oh Cz; nice one - good patch notes!
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

Originally posted by Cz
    Several items to get rid of enemy nano programs (e.g. root and snare) running in your NCU have been added.
    Maybe I'm mistaken (which could easily be, since I haven't played the patch yet), but isn't it so, that only nano programs can be uploaded in your NCU? Or in other words we could get this program if we're in a team mission, but when soloing we are still stuck to the ground, since we don't have this nano ourselves?
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

It's an Item with a Nano program imbedded in it, Dyna2, not a Nano ... much like a First Aid Stim
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Originally posted by Cz
    [list][*]Engineers, Bureaucrats and Meta Physicists have received pet buffs which increase the pets' attack rating. Each of these professions has their own nano line for this.
    This is very much long overdue for the higher level players.

Engineers already have an AR boosting buff, will they stack?

[*]There has been a change to the way root, snare and mesmerise programs work (note that only the pure mesmerize nanos were changed, while the adventurer versions did not change).
    What about the MP mez pet?

[*]...To allow mesmerise nanos to be somewhat useful in PvP they will now also debuff the initiatives of the target at the same time. Of course, if the mesmerise is broken by an attack, the initiative debuff will go away at the same time.
    Again, will this also apply to the MP mez pet?

[quote][*]...To make it so that low level roots, snares and mesmerise programs cannot be used effectively on high level players or monsters, the level of the target is now used in the defensive rolls of these nanos. You will now have to use a higher-level version to be able to land the nano effectively on a high level player/monster. To slightly counteract this addition, the amount of Nano Resist used in the defensive calculations was reduced by 10%.[quote]

Will this apply to pets? Any of the characters I play can currently whip out the lowest level root/calm and insta-stop any level of pet in PvP.

[*][*]Several lines of programs for battling roots and snares have been added. The professions gaining these are Agent, Bureaucrat, Fixer, Nano Technician and Trader. Bureaucrats, Engineers and Meta Physicists also get such programs for use on their pets only.
    Do these work as buffs to apply before you're hit, or used after your hit?
    Last edited by Sallust; Nov 20th, 2002 at 14:33:23.
    Clan Elder of The Pilgrims

Originally posted by Cz

...from World Changes.
    And from your changes here is the full quote:

Several lines of programs for battling roots and snares have been added. The professions gaining these are Agent, Bureaucrat, Fixer, Nano Technician and Trader. Bureaucrats, Engineers and Meta Physicists also get such programs for use on their pets only.

As you can see Enforcers do not get these new buffs.
    Our Rage line is already crap, having to cast it three or four times to remove even the simplest root.
    I get the impression these nano's are not going to be made any better.
    It is as simple as this:

I WILL NOT STAND AROUND FOR FIVE MINUTES IN A SOLO MISSION DUE TO A LAST GASP ROOT FROM A MOB.

I very much hope this is not going through and if it is then I fully expect ALL professions to be able to use these new root/snare breaking nano's.

um..?

How hard can it be to make it so that you can remove roots/snares with a debuff, after the figt is over. there is already a mechanism n place to check if you are in a fight; just introduce a root/snare breaker nano (gen) that only works if you have no aggro. Then these fight items work as intended, and we don't have to wait around for silly periods after fighting each and every trader/fixer etc. type mob.
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

RedSonja :

You missed this line in the World Changes post :

Several items to get rid of enemy nano programs (e.g. root and snare) running in your NCU have been added.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Originally posted by Cz
    • Several lines of programs for battling roots and snares have been added. The professions gaining these are Agent, Bureaucrat, Fixer, Nano Technician and Trader. Bureaucrats, Engineers and Meta Physicists also get such programs for use on their pets only.
    • Hitting yourself with an offensive nano program to remove hostile nano programs from your NCU no longer works.
    I can respect the fact we don't want persons using a simple "Throwing Knife Incompetence" buff, for example, to break these nanos in PvP. But, have all the PvM ramifications been considered?

Do NPC mobs, in missions, still have nanos such as these?

Oppressive Weight of the Guilty
    Duration 21mins 45secs
    modify target run speed -1250

Powerful Blizzard of Red Tape
    Duration 18mins
    modify target run speed -1000

Great Weight of the Guilty
    Duration 12mins 16secs
    modify target run speed -720

Dyna18 has already asked "are just expected to stand there in a solomission to do nothing at all for 5 min?" He's on the right path. Are those professions that were not given buffs to hande roots and snares to just stand around?

Personally, I've been hit with the 10+ minute run debuffs in solo missions. I've always used "an offensive nano program to remove hostile nano programs from" my NCU because I have no intention of standing there for 18 minutes waiting for Powerful Blizzard of Red Tape to ware off.

If funcom is really trying to force their customers into teaming, touche, you've done a wonderful job. I guess I'll have to hang up my soloing mission career and start teaming with at least 1 Agent, Bureaucrat, Fixer, Nano Technician or Trader as I don't want to stand there doing nothing for up to 21mins 45secs.

However, I sincerely hope this option was discussed internally and the developers and designers of Funcom realized this will have a serious impact on solo mission runners, and have removed such programs from mobs, as I have listed them?

edit: fixed typos
    Last edited by Cemetarygate; Nov 20th, 2002 at 14:49:04.

Originally posted by RedSonja

As you can see Enforcers do not get these new buffs.
    Our Rage line is already crap, having to cast it three or four times to remove even the simplest root.
    Then you are running a different Rage from me. It either breaks the root/snare/other combat nano on casting or it doesn't.

I could argue that the NCU limit could be a bit higher on the different versions, but, other than that...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Cemetarygate: You get root shortening stims for that will save you the 5 minute looking at the wall experience. Also there is still a chance to break roots at lower levels (well if the mob didnt cast a Ubernano) using debuffs.

And Cado. There was no *items* (just stims /recharger items) in the db that leaked in here last week. I would also expect any *item* would be added to the buffed templates on Beta (there was none).

So still, get us details Cz!

Originally posted by Dyna18
    Grrrrr Nerfed

As an enforcer I really don't understand why there are these 5min or longer roots in the game. It already was increadible difficult to break them, but now you say it even becomes more difficult, and not a sign that we get a nano program as well to get rid of it.

So in other words, we are just expected to stand there in a solomission to do nothing at all for 5 min?
    As a nanomage NT I have to use roots to kill you... If you get close to me I'm dead, there is no chance in hell I will surviv(maybe I am able to win if I'm 30 lvls higher then you).

PS. Braking roots is incredably hard... NOT!!

I like new root /snares changes. Its something what should be done much sooner.

Originally posted by Cz
    Several lines of programs for battling roots and snares have been added. The professions gaining these are Agent, Bureaucrat, Fixer, Nano Technician and Trader. Bureaucrats, Engineers and Meta Physicists also get such programs for use on their pets only.[/list]
    Wow, sure makes me want to bring my soldier out of retirement.

But thanks for the Trader help. They really didn't have a shot at PvP at all before this change. *cough*

Hey Cz, could you take a +5 Glowing Hot Poker of Balance and shove it in some dev's eye for me? I'm guessing it might help them see some things a little more clearly.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

PS. Braking roots is incredably hard... NOT!!
    RTFN ( read the *---* notes). No more breaking roots the easy way.

You've got it your way Yme. You can root and shoot any melee adventurer to death and only take damage from our shields.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarrgh u drive me crazy!!!!!

roots/snare
    1. can be broken by using anti root kist found if every shop (usinf FA)
    2. can be broken by soem profession with a nano that need 10 secs to cast and just reduces time of a root/snare. so u may need a few times to get rid of it.
    3. enforces have a nano to get rid of it. they allways had. dunno how its named but its the thingy which makes u fast.
    4. have u ever thought about nano resist? this skil is ment to block every incoming hostile nano

whine cry ... duh im so sick of taht.
    READ THE DAM PATCH NOTES BEFORE U START CRYING
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Well, first i must say i like new changes.

There is one problem related to agents however: Snare line for agents ends up at about ql100. Due to new changes it will be ineffective at higher lvl - PvP or PvM wise. I would ask all Agents to comment this situation as soon as patch goes live.

Re: Re: 14.7.1 : Nano changes

Originally posted by Waffen

But thanks for the Trader help. They really didn't have a shot at PvP at all before this change. *cough*
    I really hope to god this is sarcasm because if not you must have a really bad Trader.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast