Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.1 : World changes

Re: 14.7.1 : World changes

Tir Grid terminal moved to outside the south gate of Tir, and Omni-1 Trade Grid terminal moved to the north side of the playfield. New grid terminals placed in Old Athen and Borealis.
    Tir: Lame. Annoying, and lame.
    Omni-Trade: Maybe there're fewer guards up there?
    Old Athen & Borealis: Woo!

The Nano Programming buffs for Nano Technicians are now available, as outdoor camp boss loot.
    Hah, feel the wrath of Funcom Love™! Not only are they boss loot only, they're outside boss loot only. Lame.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Thumbs down Fix LAG!

I agree with some of the other posters. Moving the bank and grid point in Trade is a *LAME* way to 'fix' the terrible lag problems that 14.6 introduced. Fix the actual problem instead of patching the symptoms.

Originally posted by Cz
    • Due to more people joining in on the notum extraction, certain powerful individuals have lost some of their power, and have been tweaked somewhat.
    I'm trying to figure out what this means. Are the outdoor boss mobs to be more powerful than before?
    Ionicdude - In it to win it no matter how you spin it

Originally posted by Darkbane

When they actually work? That's my guess...
    Oh, they worked when put in on Testlive.

Insanely well. Brokenly so.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Arrow

Originally posted by Kenlon

Oh, they worked when put in.

Insanely well. Brokenly so.
    That's what I meant...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Re: Re: 14.7.1 : World changes

Originally posted by RVWinkle

I'm trying to figure out what this means. Are the outdoor boss mobs to be more powerful than before?

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Cz

Due to more people joining in on the notum extraction, certain powerful individuals have lost some of their power, and have been tweaked somewhat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL. Do you not understand the meaning of the word "LOST"? It says certain powerful individuals have LOST some of their power as in they are WEAKER. I gather its only "CERTAIN" ones also and NOT all of them.

Sorry but i am kinda tired and i think what is said is very clear considering its in FC speak.

Oh yeah HELLO Funcom these are prelim PATCH notes not a story. So if they were said in a more straight forward sense there wouldnt be so many questions about the wording.

Re: Re: 14.7.1 : World changes

Originally posted by Evil "Evilspork" Spork

Hah, feel the wrath of Funcom Love™! Not only are they boss loot only, they're outside boss loot only. Lame.
    I just heard that all new items will be introduced straight into your bank. The quantity you receive will increase for angry and bitter people with nothing constructive to say!

Hah, feel the wrath of Funcom Love! Not only are they in your bank, they're in bank terminals that you actually have to travel too. Lame.

w00t! So Ian Warr, and the other "Hard" bosses out there will actually be possible to kill now (However GRH and Stan Lee have died... I was starting to think us players were just getting better and they'd leave it alone )

Not that I was at either raid, but hey

I wonder who is selling those melee weapons. Methinks they should be rather expensive. And methinks they should come in SET QL's, I dont want to have to camp a freaking vendor for hours until he gets QL200 weapons in stock over his selection of QL167, 182, 116, and 94 varietys.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Re: Re: Re: 14.7.1 : World changes

Originally posted by Sent
    I just heard that all new items will be introduced straight into your bank. The quantity you receive will increase for angry and bitter people with nothing constructive to say!

Hah, feel the wrath of Funcom Love! Not only are they in your bank, they're in bank terminals that you actually have to travel too. Lame.
    Let's say your team heals weren't in the original release of AO, along with your treatment buffs and strain B DoTs. A major and central part of your profession, aren't they?

Patch time rolls around, and these long-promised nanos are going to be in it. Woohoo!

But wait! Each of these brand new nanos (except for the lowest quality levels which they kindly put in shops), which you have been waiting for for months, maybe even more than a year, is randomly dropped from difficult to reach and difficult to kill supermobs. You can either get a team together and pull a couple team missions, or you can get a team together and camp one of those fancy dynacamps. You could solo them of course, but then you'd probably get the nanos at a level significantly below when you could use them. You could also hope to find them on the shopping channels, and get raked over the coals by greedy people who were lucky enough to find your nano.

Did I forget to mention that your new team heals, treatment buffs, and DoTs all have level requirements that are 5-20 levels above when you could use them with middling implants and expertises? Maybe soloing those boss mobs isn't such a bad idea after all.

So yes, I'm bitter. Self proclaimed, in fact. Classes that were incomplete and broken at launch are being "fixed" to different standards than the other - more complete - professions were created at. Either make all high level nanos for all professions level req'd and boss loot only, or make none of them level req'd and boss loot. Anything else is blatant hypocrisy.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Tir, by the way, has CLAN guards again. Omni must fight to enter.

Tir grid is outside south gate, to west... with two clan guards standing right beside it, and two more, with Captain Steele as backup, right nearby at the actual gate.

Originally posted by Cz
    • Tir Grid terminal moved to outside the south gate of Tir, and Omni-1 Trade Grid terminal moved to the north side of the playfield. New grid terminals placed in Old Athen and Borealis.
    • The bank terminal near the middle of Omni-1 Trade has been removed.
    About time Now if there was a way to keep people from camping next to the wompa.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Sentinels helmet

Mmmmmm....

Better not be one of those "impossible" to get items
    There's enough of those type of items as it is

Arrow Uber Mobs, hope they are getting tweaked a bit

If they didn't despawn, we could probably kill everyone in acecamp right now. Already did peter lee, and nelly johnson seemed doable as well.

I'm all for nerfing their heal delta and nanoresist/evades, its pretty crazy. Doesn't actually make them "harder", just take all day to kill. Forces you to throw tons of people at them too, lagging everything up to hell and getting people killed by things that have nothing to do with the game itself. (lag, crashes, etc)

Doesn't let you use as many tactics either...especially debuffs. Blinds/AMS/init debuffs actually landing/having effect would really help, as well as AC drains to a lesser extent.

3 pieces of loot on a 30+ person mob is pretty dumb, so either up the loot (yeah right) or tweak the BS parts about them to lower the numbers. Ah well I'm dreaming, campalot apparently hasn't gotten better with time lol.

Competent teams would have no problem (2 good docs and 2 tanks for safety) but the heal delta is too high.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

They need some more tactical ubers.

Ones that debuff, ones that *can* be debuffed in a meaningful manner, ones that *cannot* be main-tanked (auto-switching between the first 5 on the hate list in a random order), mobs summoned or spawned as adds that can be mezzed, but cause the mez to break unpredictably (And are immune to area calms), mobs that switch damage vunerabilities over time (also switching nuke damage type output), mobs that spawn unmezzable adds that must be tanked off seperately, "uber-boss" outposts where the mobs fight together (social in very specific ways) and use nanos that mobs don't normally use (doc mobs init debuffing, NT mobs nuking from behind the battle line and running to safely at 1/2 health, engie mobs with auras, crat mobs that mez (real mez, no attacking) players, and so on and so on and so on.). "Uber-boss" outposts that are the same, but in reverse (players fighting off an invasion of Mantises or Medusae out in EFP, Bileswarm uprisings attacking places in DAV, Rhinoman rampages th the north of Rubi-ka. . . )

There's *so* *much* tactical flexibility in this game that goes unutilized.
    If Funcom uses it, they can make big fights that are more than "Pile on the big guy!".
    Remember that we're not only playing this game for phat lewt, but for accomplishment, and story, and community. Make the encounters *hard*. Ridiculously hard. Undoably hard. We'll beat them anyway, as long as you make them hard by having the mobs be smart, not unendingly healing. We *always* can take down a hard encounter, because there' more heads on this side of the encounter than on the side designing it.

Why are the quartet out in EFP?
    Who are the mercs (Primus, etc) setting up camp there?
    What is going on with the Dust Brigade?
    What, exactly, is Ljotur the Lunatic?

Where's the story? I understand that you are more focused on fixing the game than on big, sweeping story arcs, but *this* is where is development should be!
    Tell us *why* we are going to these places to take these people down! Who wants them dead? Who are their allies? Where is their story?

Give us that, and the sweeping arcs just *might* take care of themselves all on their own. . .
    Last edited by Kenlon; Nov 21st, 2002 at 14:21:56.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 14.7.1 : World changes

Originally posted by Evil "Evilspork" Spork
    Let's say your team heals weren't in the original release of AO, along with your treatment buffs and strain B DoTs. A major and central part of your profession, aren't they?

Patch time rolls around, and these long-promised nanos are going to be in it. Woohoo!

But wait! Each of these brand new nanos (except for the lowest quality levels which they kindly put in shops), which you have been waiting for for months, maybe even more than a year, is randomly dropped from difficult to reach and difficult to kill supermobs. You can either get a team together and pull a couple team missions, or you can get a team together and camp one of those fancy dynacamps. You could solo them of course, but then you'd probably get the nanos at a level significantly below when you could use them. You could also hope to find them on the shopping channels, and get raked over the coals by greedy people who were lucky enough to find your nano.

Did I forget to mention that your new team heals, treatment buffs, and DoTs all have level requirements that are 5-20 levels above when you could use them with middling implants and expertises? Maybe soloing those boss mobs isn't such a bad idea after all.

So yes, I'm bitter. Self proclaimed, in fact. Classes that were incomplete and broken at launch are being "fixed" to different standards than the other - more complete - professions were created at. Either make all high level nanos for all professions level req'd and boss loot only, or make none of them level req'd and boss loot. Anything else is blatant hypocrisy.
    Face it, a nanoprogramming buff is about as needed as crome mags on a car.

When the Fixer NCUHI was implemented, the parts needed to make one could be aquired at any Ordinary/Basic Supermarket. Why? Because it was an important profession balancing item.

New melee items are getting sold from a vendor and all that's required is for people to find him. Pretty easy to aquire. Why? Because it's an important balancing item.

Nanoprogramming is not a major feature in AO. So far every feature in AO that utilizes nanoprogramming has been doable without the nano. To me it says it's not a necessity but an extra. And to me it's perfectly valid to have to work at it.
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by Dyna18
    The incredible lag in Trade (and sometimes Ent) was introduced in patch 14.6.
    Before that it was definately a lot better, so what I'm wondering is, what caused this lag? and is that being fixed?
    Because removing the bank and moving the grid terminal around is only fighting the symptoms, not the problem!
    I believe it was because they said the Notum wars servers are being Doubled with the RK 1 servers so the same machine is runing 2 servers.. this causes the lag. When notum warz beta is gone.. i'm sure this will be much better.

I'm pretty sure this is why but i'm not quite sure.

~Herich~ out.

no soldier LOVE or MP LOVE Argh.

Calm down, Have some dip

Hey Evilspork, felling alright? You seem tense, maybe you should go out for a walk and find that thing called natural light. Its just a game remember

Why do people place their happiness on FC's patch notes? Why is there always such a hoopla when people don't get what they want......actually I think I know the answer to that question.

Putting your happiness on the line until you see what you want is like putting your happiness up for the Cubs.....it doesn't work and you just look ridiculous

-Dok
    "You've tried the best! Now settle for the rest!, Call 1-800-DOKTORB!, the 'B' is for Bargain!"
    -Dr Nick Rivera

"Oh, I,
    I, have been good,
    I understood,
    like a machine,
    I'll fix you from the start..."
    OLP - In Repair

Grid

I think moving the grid is a great idea, most of you must have an awesome PC. When my main PC was down, I felt like beggin santa for a new one, just becuse when I wanted to grid it wsa an exercise on patience....
    How long will a floating point operation float?

Old Athens, the new place to be.

Tir Grid terminal moved to outside the south gate of Tir, and Omni-1 Trade Grid terminal moved to the north side of the playfield. New grid terminals placed in Old Athen and Borealis.
    Anyone else anticipating that the Old Athens Grid term will be where all the cool clan kids will hang out now?
    Thromp Uber Soldat (hehe ok uber for 80 seconds )
    Threefitty UberSquishy NanoTech

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast