Thread: AO Comic, you say?

AO Comic, you say?

So I've been toying with the idea of creating an online comic (that's graphic novel type, not comic strip) based on AO. The problem is, I don't know how much interest there would be. Additionally, I'd like to know what the interested persons would like to see in it. In order to help me out, I'd really appreciate it if as many people as possible would fill out the following survey.

http://www.createsurvey.com/cgi-bin/...vRtkBAsnwk9w1H

If you fill out the survey, please reply to this thread as well. It doesn't have to have content, just purpose. If three people take it and don't reply, it'll be buried and never see a fourth.

Thanks to you all. I really appreciate it.

Take care.

I see survey results, but I don't see posted replies. I'm looking for real feedback here, and it's not going to happen half-way down the page. ^_^

Thanks to those who have supplied their feedback. It really is appreciated.

Keep in mind that if you choose to supply your e-mail address at the end of the survey it well not be avilable to the general public. Only I will see your address.

Thanks.

Sounds AWESOME.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

I just wanted to update you all on the feedback I've been getting.

1. So far everyone is okay with a weekly updated comic, with a couple people having said daily. My intention is to draw at least 3-5 pages before putting any of it up to get an idea of how long it takes me to complete a page.

2. The general consensus is that it should be in color. This does not at all come as a surprise to me. ^_^

3. No one at all has said that they want the story to be very involved in the main storyline. This is very comforting for me, because I don't want to be competing with Funcom for major events in the world.

4. There appears to be a great interest in everyday life in Rubi-Ka, rather than just killing and conflict. I was hoping to hear that. There is also a lot of hinting that there should be at least some humor, and I will certainly do my best.

I will probably be putting up some character concept art in the near future. Solarax from AO-Basher.com has been generous enough to say he would write a news article on his site about this, so any such art will most likely been found through AO-Basher.

Not many of you have supplied e-mail addresses, but that's okay. I made it optional for a reason. ^_^

And finally, my favorite comment thus far:
    "9. Additional comments (optional):
    Sounds cool, as long as I can print it out and bring to school to read. "

Thank you all for your feedback, and keep it coming. I have gotten some excellent suggestions so far. Please tell your friends online who may not read AO-related website about the survey.

-the Sober Panda

going solo or are you "LFT" on this venture?

as i commented, it's a lovely idea, but i don't see funcom being too willing to work with you on it. then i read the rest of the replies

anyway, i'm going to be graduating soon (5 weeks w00t!) and as i don't have a job lined up, i'll have a substantial amount of free time. long story short, are you looking for any help with this project? creativity and writing are two things that come fairly easy to me, and i've written in the AO universe before.

email me if you are interested, and i'll send you a sample of my AO related work (rtunian1698@hotmail.com).
    "Mynroe" Fujikuro steps out of the fog.
    You rub your eyes in disbelief, thinking "I have not seen Myn in over 2 years..."

Hide your babies, bitches... I'm back!

Its a good idea

I wub teh AO comix. Pweeze make tehm.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

Thank you all for your time.

Responses to the survey has tripled in the last 24 hours!

I will soon be posting a follow-up survey with more specific information now that I have decided to do the comic.

Don't let this stop you from filling out the current survey. This information is still just as important.

Please keep your eyes open for more information.

Thanks.

-the Sober Panda

Thumbs up Cool :)

BUMP

Anything that brings creative art into the community is a good thing. GUI skins, movies, comics, stories and the like.

Myself, I'm slowly working on a short film based around my old play character Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr which you can see a shot of here on the main movie site. Few little tid-bits from development here if anyone is interested.

Good luck with the comic

Jhanarr
    Jharick "Jhanarr" Naarr
    Long since left AO :: Catch me on the forums!

Muffins are for sharing, so be cool - buy me a muffin, today!

My Five GUI Skins:::download them now!

Exclamation

I would add it to my daily reading

Nice

Not sure where or why, but I've seen your artwork before.

Just to let you know, AO-Basher has posted this up in their news section, that could explain the sudden increase in response.

I love the idea of an AO Comic and think it would fill the gap left by the departure of the animated series nicely. Maybe some how pick up where the series left off?

Thump,

-Mon

yes, a AO comic would be nice, remember the ola AO-bash comics?

Just a bump mainly.

I got an error on your survey; I sent you a private message here with my answers plus some ranting. (Imagine that!)

I mention this because I forgot these boards have private messaging and just noticed I left something in my inbox unanswered for three months. :P

Bump and hell yeah!

I notice you specify it will be a graphic novel not a comic strip for those ignorant of the world who don't know the difference between comics and "the funnies" to use one widely known nickname for comic strips. Not to put strips down or anything, there can certainly be quality ones; Little Nemo in Slumberland, Doonesbury, Calvin & Hobbes, Bloom County, Dilbert, Fox Trot, etc. And not to defend all comic books or the newer online versions - there is a lot of crap out there too. Well time to stop my comic geek rant...

And just say will wait anxiously to see your work :-)
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."
    -Philip K. D*ck

"AO is that which, when you stop leveling in it, doesn't go away."
    -Elgynn

The Old Boinky - The One True Heart and Soul of CG, even after...
    meh gear
    Arthurian the Pendragon
    Neutral 4 Life