Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 14.7.1 : Game system changes

To those who have no clue what they are talking about, thanks for your constructive statements.

To Organa, cookies for you.

There are a lot of players who are title 6 in this game. The last thing we need is a sub 150 character playing 'support' in our mass pvp fights. ie: debuffing and healing.

So you're lower level then player x. You don't like it that player x can kill you. Then level. As harsh as that may sound, there ARE 200 levels in this game. If you can't compete, then you have the chance to get better. If a 200 can't compete because of this stupid bracket, then they have no option to go xp yet another character to fit the bracket.

If you wish to keep this silly bracket change, then any character sub 150 who initiates combat, who heals, who debuffs...any 150+ character, needs to be open to reprisals by ANY 150+ character for 24 hours.

Otherwise this will be abused. 149 trader will always beat a level 199. The 199 can not initiate combat until the 149 does. And guess what that 149 will start off with.

A 149 doc will be able to heal anyone on the battlefield. I will be sitting there with my level 200 wondering how stupid this is that someone can interfere with a fight and not be open for reprisals.

This change is not well thought out. But if you implement a system that allows characters to be attacked free for all IF they initiate anything in pvp, then it will work. It will still protect those people who think being killed in 25%-0% is 'ganking', and keep those who go there with the express purpose of pvp honest.

About time that stupid "level 200 can gank a 75" was raised.
    If people that are level 75 want to fight a 200 just to try, why dont you steal the "/dual" command? That's a great way to keep twinkers happy that want to pit their character against a much higher level, while not making people who ding 75 have to worry about being squashed by a 200.

Re: Duh?!

Originally posted by Souldoctah
    Geez, why are you *****ing about the 1200+ Init.? Someone explain it to me. It's just a SOFT CAP. What does that mean? It just means that you CAN theoretically increase that stat higher than 1200, but WHY would you, considering the effects are so minimal. Most things in life are hit with the idea of diminishing returns. There's only so much you can improve yourself by until you reach a plateu. Yes you can keep increasing your Inits beyond 1200, but after 1200 the increases won't matter much. That's all there is to it. Stop raising your Init. Just go ahead and raise something else. It's not that hard, geez.

Same thing with the AC theory...once you go past a certain point with AC, it won't really matter how much you raise it by anymore. The effects are decreased.

As for the whole Nano Init. thing, geez, c'mon...they're fixing weapon-recharge, not Nano recharge. Why on god's earth would nano recharge need to be fixed? "Hey, let's go ahead and insta-cast everything! Yay!" Dude, I'm a Doctor, and I must say that if anyone would love to have Nano recharge rates lowered, I'm sure I would. HOwever, I realize that Nano Recharge is the only way to make Nanos fair. Can you imagine Complete Heal with no recharge time? Can you imagine Alpha and Omega with no recharge time? Would you want that? Would anyone want that? I'd want that, cuz then I'd be "god-on-Rubi-Ka"...but, I doubt anyone else would.

Folks, take a step back and look at the bigger picture before you start your rampant whines and complaints. Man, I'm an ex-Everquest player, and we were never as spoiled as you (we?) are. Verant to EQ was like a mythical god in the skies, rainning down nerfs without any sort of care for what players wanted. Here, the developers are like wimpy puppies doing whatever the peeps who scream the loudest tell them to. Get over it. Stop the whines and complaints and maybe the developers of this game will go ahead and implement some good stuff instead of having to jump around at trying to make X, Y, and Z professions happy. The game is great as it is. Just let the developers take the game where they want it to go. If you feel the need to complain, just go get another game. If this isn't the game you like, then why are you bothering with it? Seriously...geez...

Peace,
    Souldoctah
    Hahahaha, yeah, I don't know exactly how the AO community is so immature. I made a rant similar to yours on some umpteenth whining post and it was duly ignored. Don't feel bad.

My hypothesis was that something about the "skill based" nature of AO drew a bunch of arrogant SOBs who thought that they could "break" the system and improve skills better than anyone else, thus making a god to compensate for a small er... something else.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

Originally posted by Cz
    Also...
    • Open PvP limit (free-for-all level) moved to level 150.

150 is too high.
    Rolled
    Coathanger
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

Remember how fun the first week of NW was?

CC is teh devil!

I updated helpbot's replies to
    /tell helpbot level <X>
    to reflect the new PvP limits.

If you see any wrong numbers, please do /tell helpbot feedback <full message> and I'll fix it ASAP

I also updated the /helpbot in-game help files, see
    http://kuren.org/ao/helpbot/helpbot.zip

lastest source code for helpbot is also posted, see http://kuren.org/ao/helpbot/code
    original author of Helpbot

Kudos to the free-for-all change. It is about time.

/prostrate
    .: Naraya :.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345