Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.1 : Game system changes

Much of the reason for the higher free-for-all PvP limit is to avoid level 200s obliterating the sub-150 land control areas. (Towers use the same PvP rules as players.)

Originally posted by Darkbane

Explain? Sounds like a damn good idea to me, I mean, you hit level 75 and suddenly you can be squished by any level 200 who feels like it? I suspect the aim is to force players into fighting other players and towers nearer their own level, which in no way, shape or form seems bad to me...
    My sentiments exactly. Reminds me of the time recently when I was getting ready to jump into SD for some mantis hunting and *poof* appears a lvl 194 fixer in GA with a Manex and attacks a guy, who immediately zones into SD (got hit with a burst for 2400). The fixer then attacks me and still gets a snare and two shots off before the game lets me zone.

This all happened with my MA who was 60 lvls below the fixer. Of course with an MA I'd still be royally screwed even if over 150, but still, ganking lower level peeps is still ganking, and this is a great change.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Originally posted by Cz
    Much of the reason for the higher free-for-all PvP limit is to avoid level 200s obliterating the sub-150 land control areas. (Towers use the same PvP rules as players.)
    which is a good idea and was just that BEFORE the patch also. Glad its changed.

Nano init's never effected recharge time on nano excution. Not sure where that idea comes from. Only professions that really need get over 1200+ nano init probably be doctor, mp, NT. NT which kinda needs it stay fairly solid damage dealer when using the new nanos...

Smile My thoughts ...

150 limit is excellent. That 75 limit was just rediculous. Thanks for realizing this, Funcom.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

Originally posted by Cz
    Also...
    • Open PvP limit (free-for-all level) moved to level 150.

What does that mean? Will we see now lvl 150- healer unteamed besides a notum mine, healing everyone their faction and unharmed by the opponent, because they cant get 'lowlevel' people there???

Man, I see many exploits coming..... raise the open pvp cap is a good thing, but lvl 100 is more than enough. I dont wanna see untouchable, but for the opponent usefull healers in a PvP zone.

I.e. you are in a high level notum mine PvP zone - mostly 150+ ppl are there, because they are the only one who could survive...
    Level 120 docs of the defender team stands close to the defense towers and heals every defender who gets under attack. Attacking team cant do ****, because every 'mediumlvl' attacker who could attack the doc would be surely raped in seconds from the tower... is that a real possible scenario? OH YEAH... seen that in many other PvP games....
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Question Re: 14.7.1 : Game system changes

Originally posted by Cz
    [list][*]Recharge timers are now affected by modified initiative skill, not just base initiative skill.
    Is this for nano init also? It is generically worded so I assume so; however, there has been talk in the past that nano init would never effect recharge, so clarification would be nice.

Thanks,
    Martek

Originally posted by Sethil
    I.e. you are in a high level notum mine PvP zone - mostly 150+ ppl are there, because they are the only one who could survive...
    Level 120 docs of the defender team stands close to the defense towers and heals every defender who gets under attack. Attacking team cant do ****, because every 'mediumlvl' attacker who could attack the doc would be surely raped in seconds from the tower... is that a real possible scenario? OH YEAH... seen that in many other PvP games....
    No, because the towers abide by the same PvP rules if I'm reading this correct. Though clarification on that would be helpful.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Georg

Imagine the tower wars where people can attack your towers but you cant attack them back.
    I think FC knows this too and has applied rulez to the Towers similier to Player PvP rulez. This would make sense, since it would prevent high level gangs from destroying low level towers just for the fun of it, without any chance by this low levels to defend it.
    If not... so hm... no comment :-)

Camelot is an interessting issue yes.

Arena is for fair duels, If someone gets healed their in an unfair matter, stop the duel and let him alone.

Originally posted by Cz
    Very high initiative ratings (1200+) will now have less speed effect on attack, nano execution and recharge timers per skill point. {Update: Does affect nano execution, but not nano recharge (see above).
    list
    Enf nerf, bad bad FC, i know you don't want us to hit 1/1, it's lame................ well doesn't matter our GOOD weapons are impossible to aquire anyway, way to nerf RAGE, as if the NR part works anyway, a lvl 200 enf should never get debuffed wiht 1600 NR

and it's a nerf to enf IP, thanks much

Originally posted by Cz
    Also...
    • Open PvP limit (free-for-all level) moved to level 150.

so a lvl 149 doc can heal while a lvl 200 hits on another lvl 200 and can't attack doc........hmm seems pretty bad, lower it to 100, or 120 or 125.................this is going to be greif central

*sings "in the year 2000............................." from Conan O'brian"

in the year 2000 FC distributes personal zone ring, which makes a zone availble only an arms length away

in the year 2000 players fight with leets, as to "make fights last longer", but can be upgraded by killing lvl 500 mobs which takes 50 people to round up in a chance that MAYBE the upgrade tool drops.........

FC realizes that if they make the game more fun, people would want to play more, not trying to make the game last longer to get the players money longer. Players have more than one account cause it's so fun they want to be every profession, not cause it takes 2 months of camping to get something(EQ)

Last edited by Kapy; Nov 20th, 2002 at 15:50:40.

Originally posted by Cz
    Ok, this might be useful, but FC should also remove the ability to heal people outside their PvP range. If you cant hurt them, you also shouldnt be able to heal or buff them.

What about highlevel doc defender in a low level PvP area healing every defender around? Buff them up to the teeth? Same goes for the attacker...... this would make low/mediumlevel fighting at those areas almost impossible... no one dies... dont know if you can repair the towers during a fight, but what about a lowlvl team got healed by highlvl docs, attacking only the towers and ignoring the defending team? Possible?

I know too many scenarios to exploit PvP level cap if you dont restrict actions in both ways... too many mistakes have been made in other games with this 'feature'...
    Last edited by Zagareth; Nov 20th, 2002 at 15:53:58.
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Originally posted by Darkbane
    The PvP range for a level 149 will now be 116-193 assuming the rest of the formula is the same... which is a fair range. At 150 that simply changes to 116-200. And for a level 200, the range is 150-200.
    Read this post again, then think about how many teams excist of L200 people only.

So a L149 doc is certainly not gonna be untouchable!
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

dyna, some guilds have lvl requirement of 150, like Renaissance

Huh?!?

Originally posted by Sethil

To me, it was made VERY clear that attacking a tower will be a HARD thing to do (i.e. you need more than 2 people attacking it, more like 20 from sound of it)

If you have a group who are attacking the tower that cannot even out damage a lvl 120 Doctor's heal, then I do suggest you come back later with more fire power because there is NO WAY in heck you will take that tower down even if that lvl 120 doc wasn't there.

So basicly we nuke slower (yes I got 1200+ nano init) and people with guns shoot faster (faster recharge)?

Strange, I thought you wanted a balance here.

Make Nano Init affect recharge aswell.

I havent seen this in action yet but it sounds strange to me.
    Winterizer lvl 213 Solitus Keeper
    Alien level 14
    Date of registration 2001-06-28
    Played in beta 4
    Unit leader of Ragnarok

Originally posted by Richard Cranium
    yes, what do you want to say with that?
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Originally posted by Richard Cranium
    Not all guilds are Renaissance. I think this is a great change, might give me a reason to lvl. And in turn the lvl 150 pvp limit cap isnt bad, the player at lvl 149 will still be able to be attacked by lvl 180+, i think someone said the top pvp limit on a lvl 149 was lvl 193. So no i dont think there is any reason be angry about this pvp change. If a lvl 149 doc is healing a lvl 200 something or other just get a lvl 193 something to attack the doc, and if the something something is loosing then you just start giving him her all the good stuff, absorbs, heals and all that.

You should get some cheese with you whine.

Finally they realized that pvp before lvl 150 was fubared with the lvl 75 free for all limit.
    Cauterized - NT parked at current lvl until the NT is fixed
    Mortalstrike - Former pvp twink Soldier - The original one

Best thing about sex is when you lay completely still in bed afterwards feeling all comfy and are counting the money.

So what happens when a guild is mostly level 200, not possible? look at my guild....

Most of our players are level 200, or are near level 200, so when we build a 250/200/150 tower base, our 150 towers will be attackable by a Whole crapload of players that we can do nothin about... unless the one person that is online that is sub 190, kills them all?

And yeah, ganking level 75s can be fun, it teaches them to pay attention to surroundings like I had to.
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Red face Ooooookay.....

Originally posted by Georg

...The difference between a lvl 100, 120, 149 and a lvl 150, or even a lvl 189 is minimal....
    If I am not mistaken, you get quite bit of IP between 100 and 189. Which you can use to get better Nano, Armor(for AC), HP, weapon.

If you are no better at 189, not doing more damage, or have more HP/nano, have more AC, etc, etc, then your class have LOT more to worry about than PvP cap being raised to 150.

Even MP who have no new attack pet after 120 get more HP/Nano and better Armor after 120.

I'm not a smart man but even I know better than to attack high red (which 189 certainly is to my 100)

what???

Originally posted by Skymarshal
    So what happens when a guild is mostly level 200, not possible? look at my guild....

Most of our players are level 200, or are near level 200, so when we build a 250/200/150 tower base, our 150 towers will be attackable by a Whole crapload of players that we can do nothin about... unless the one person that is online that is sub 190, kills them all?

And yeah, ganking level 75s can be fun, it teaches them to pay attention to surroundings like I had to.
    umm... if I am not mistaken, I think your guild need a group of member around 150ish to actually take the 150 tower in the first place. Unless your uber guild of all 200 can take a lvl 150 tower and just "give" to that single member in your guild who is 150. So.. if your guild have enough 150's to take the tower in the first place, should they be able to defend it?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast