Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 14.7.1 : GUI changes

14.7.1 : GUI changes

• Shop prices above 10 millions will now show as "xM" in the shop, where M means million. E.g. a price of 123 456 789 will display as "123M". The price will still be displayed fully in the info window (shift + left click on the icon).
    • You will now get a pop-up box asking you to confirm when you use the /terminate command.
    • Getting blinded (e.g. by nanos) now effectively turns the action window black, and the effect can’t be removed in the settings. Also, the visual effect of the Low Light Targeting Scope can no longer be turned off.

Gaute grabbed hold of me now and told me the (E)LLTS will in fact have no visual effect anymore, so there's no need to be able to turn it off. I think there's a few that will like that change.

Re: 14.7.1 : GUI changes

Originally posted by Cz
    [list[*]Getting blinded (e.g. by nanos) now effectively turns the action window black, and the effect can’t be removed in the settings. Also, the visual effect of the Low[/list]
    Just what we've been asking for. Considering it's night time 90% of the time on Rubi-Ka and you can't see crap now when fighting you essentually turn off the game graphics wise for some more time when these spells are cast on you. Isn't the debuff associated with the blinds enough?!?

Blinds that actually blind! Amazing...

Other changes sound good too.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Cz
    Gaute grabbed hold of me now and told me the (E)LLTS will in fact have no visual effect anymore, so there's no need to be able to turn it off. I think there's a few that will like that change.
    huh? wait ... stop ... no ... protest

u nerfed our beloved LLTS cause we all start whining about teh annoying night googgles effect. thats teh only reason why u nerfed our llts and gave us teh new scopes. @ least tahts what u told us.

so why do u deactivate the effect now???? if u do i want our old llts back
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Re: Re: 14.7.1 : GUI changes

Originally posted by Unit99

Just what we've been asking for. Considering it's night time 90% of the time on Rubi-Ka and you can't see crap now when fighting you essentually turn off the game graphics wise for some more time when these spells are cast on you. Isn't the debuff associated with the blinds enough?!?
    /sarcasm on

If you can't see anything, go to a newbie store and get yourself a nice Floating Torch or Night Vision Goggles, very nice items that every newbie in the game knows about but many higher level people seem to have forgotten all about. Now equip these, and find something worthwhile to whine about instead.

/sarcasm off

Originally posted by Cz
    I am not counting to the few, who like this. Cause there is no Gamma Slider in the options. I mean every modern game has this.
    Without that Light effect there are way to many to dark environments in AO, even with the Night Vision Goggles. Even Outdoor areas are most of the time way to dark. And no, I dont want do increase my general game gamma more then now over the display driver settings. Cause this would turn all my other games into nearly white screens.

So could you consider to include a Gamma Slider into the grafic options of AO?
    edit: Or if this is to hard, how about Night Vision Goggles MKII or just q50, 100, 150 with increased light effect?
    Last edited by Airri; Nov 20th, 2002 at 16:28:13.

Originally posted by Airri
    Cause there is no Gamma Slider in the options. I mean every modern game has this.
    Yes true - but then - so does every modern graphics card. Unless you are playing a modern game on a non-modern graphics card this should already be available to you - through your graphics card.

Martek

Re: Re: Re: 14.7.1 : GUI changes

Originally posted by Santorin

/sarcasm on

If you can't see anything, go to a newbie store and get yourself a nice Floating Torch or Night Vision Goggles, very nice items that every newbie in the game knows about but many higher level people seem to have forgotten all about. Now equip these, and find something worthwhile to whine about instead.

/sarcasm off
    Ah yes the torch and goggles.
    I still use the torch, because it makes my CAS helmet pop out more
    and I was glad I still had my NV goggles around during halloween, damn that was dark.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Originally posted by Martek
    Yes true - but then - so does every modern graphics card. Unless you are playing a modern game on a non-modern graphics card this should already be available to you - through your graphics card.

Martek
    Oh yes, and each time I play an other game I have to go into the driver settings an rearrange Gamma before I start the game, instead to set it once in game after the installation and forget this setting till I deinstall it. I hope you are not a Software Developer. :-) AO is not the center of my PC, where all other has to be arranged around, just one of many programs.

Originally posted by Airri
    Oh yes, and each time I play an other game I have to go into the driver settings an rearrange Gamma before I start the game
    You know there is software that can adjust gamma depending on the application? I use PowerStrip myself.

Oh and Cz, please pass along to programmers to put a black or semi-transparent black rectangle behind the health bar white text because that text is often unreadable. That small rectangle would help greatly. Something that adjusts automatically to the size of the name of the target please.

Please help us, Funcom, to like your GUI.
    Last edited by zeroframerate; Nov 20th, 2002 at 16:58:15.

Airri, if you search for the word gamma in the Technical forums, you will find at least two instances of statemes as to why, for technical reasons, it's not possible to have a gamma slider in game.

I use an outside utility to control this, as my monitor is also very dark.

All I can say is W00T!!
    (although I replaced my lil llts with a T.I.M. Scope in preperation for the weapon recharge update )

-Mega

Re: Re: 14.7.1 : GUI changes

Originally posted by Unit99

Just think about this logically. They are called BLINDS. Not ar debuffs. They are supposed to blind you.

Arrow

Which isn't true unfortunately. As an owner of a GF4 with NVidia's latest certified drivers, I'm afraid I can't find a gamma control on the display comntrol panel anywhere... Thankfully, my display is reasonably bright anyway, so it's not a major problem.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Two things, The insane gamma effect nerf on the ELLTS is awesome, playing w/ that effect on is just not possible. 24/7 or if you are in a bright zone, I had a SEVERE headache from this one time at a friends house.

Second, Blinds actually blinding is a hourse a piece. NTS can Easily chain blind somone, and If you have no map you are 100% screwed, with no chance at all of figuring out whats going on. Sure blind means blind, but I dont know if this is exaclty balanced.

AoE blindes/snares are going to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay powerfull... maybe to much, being blind is almost imposible to play hehe :P /shrug
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

Re: Re: Re: 14.7.1 : GUI changes

Originally posted by Santorin
    /sarcasm on

/sarcasm off
    Unless your sarcasm was directed at how well these two things don't work, please disregard my reply. The torch, while a good idea, is generally only good at illuminating your character's model (head, shoulders, and one arm) and a two foot circle (diameter, not radius) around your feet. Running around VW recently the torch didn't even show on the ground at all.

And the NVG (Rat Catcher goggles, too), while handy, use the same HUD2 spot that my NCUHI uses. This would be OK if it were easy to hot-swap them via the shortcut bar, but while the NVG can be equipped and unequipped with it I have to open my equipment pane, click over to the weapons tab, then manually drag the NCUHI back into HUD2. Since right clicking on it upgrades it and doesn't equip it, I can't use it from the shortcut bar. I've been looking around for a low-ql LLTS to use in the place of my old NVG, but it looks like I shouldn't even bother with those any more.

My modern graphics card - a GF4400 - has brightness, contrast, hue, and saturation controls. None of them have any actual effect on anything, though, they just move around and are fun to play with.

Originally posted by zeroframerate
    Oh and Cz, please pass along to programmers to put a black or semi-transparent black rectangle behind the health bar white text because that text is often unreadable. That small rectangle would help greatly. Something that adjusts automatically to the size of the name of the target please.
    Can you please make the chat background a darker gray than it is, too?

Originally posted by Vydas
    Airri, if you search for the word gamma in the Technical forums, you will find at least two instances of statemes as to why, for technical reasons, it's not possible to have a gamma slider in game.
    It used to not be technically feasable to have FSAA turned on while playing AO, the game would look like crap and run (more) like crap. Then they actually sat down, looked at it, then saw "hey, maybe it IS possible!"
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Originally posted by Darkbane
    Which isn't true unfortunately. As an owner of a GF4 with NVidia's latest certified drivers, I'm afraid I can't find a gamma control on the display comntrol panel anywhere...
    I felt quite sure it wasn't true that EVERY one had it when I said that - but I was responding to a claim that EVERY modern game did - which is, I feel pretty certain, is also an exaggeration. Hence seemed fair to me to meet exaggeration with exaggeration.

Cheers,
    Martek

Originally posted by Cz
    Thank god. /prostrate

Talking I'm Blinded!!

"Gaute grabbed hold of me now and told me the (E)LLTS will in fact have no visual effect anymore, so there's no need to be able to turn it off. I think there's a few that will like that change."

Can we get rid of the blinding sparklies on dmg shields now?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast