Thread: Official Anarchy Online IRC server opened

Official Anarchy Online IRC server opened

We are pleased to announce that the Official Anarchy Online IRC server is up and running. During the weekend we have had amazing traffic on irc.funcom.com. We therefore recommend that you register yourself as soon as possible to get your favorite nickname.

Besides the main channel #AnarchyOnline, a whole myriad of others are available. Whether it's about a city, specific professions, organizations, clans, community sites or something completely different, you will find that irc.funcom.com is a great place for exchanging information, receiving hints and tips, writing general gossip, discussing strategies and much more. After all, this place is made for you, the player.

In addition, this IRC room will have the occasional CR or Dev member dropping in to converse. More additions are in the pipeline as well, so we recommend that you check it out at regular intervals.

A visit to www.mirc.com or www.mirc.co.uk will most likely answer any question you may have regarding IRC if you haven't tested it before. You can also download the client from these addresses, so if you are new to the IRC experience a visit is highly recommended.

ENJOY!
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

YES !

And the chat client is still an awesome feature for me.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Thumbs up

splendid idea
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Red face

L33t.

But the server adds your full hostname to your nick. This is a major security risk. I know, it conforms with the spirit of free chat on IRC but I don't like getting DoS'ed all too much. And I am sure others agree with me here.

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ptlinksoft/

Try this link, this daemon supports hiding the first, essential part of your host name as an optional user mode to prevent hackers from attacking you. I know, you won't use it, but at least check it out, read the docs.

Icasaracht.

server problems

--Besides the main channel #AnarchyOnline, a whole myriad of others are available. Whether it's about a city, specific professions, organizations, clans, community sites or something completely different, you will find that irc.funcom.com is a great place for exchanging information, receiving hints and tips, writing general gossip, discussing strategies and much more. After all, this place is made for you, the player. --

I was wondering if I had this wrong here.. I've been trying to connect to irc.funcom.com and just getting connection refused.. I know on dal net theres a #anarchyonline room.. as well as alot of hybrids all registered to the same person whos never there.. so i was wondering.. what do I type instead of " /server irc.funcom.com " in my mIRC applet? is there something speical I am forgetting? I would really like to go and see everyone...