Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats with the new high titles?

With all the exploiting we've seen, titles mean nothing to me anymore...
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

Go check to see how many times Patk9 and Johiyat have won the 2v2 PvP tournaments. They are great PvP'ers, hands down. Patk9 also gave me one of the toughest fights I've ever had -- I simply could't beat him, and he didn't debuff my nano skills by 100-400 points like the other tough classes for Docs can do.

Let me get this straight...you come back from the game knowing nothing about any of the pvp (obviously). You recall a trader getting the best out of myself and joh? Just go to arena today and you'll see a trader get the best of me if i dont kill him in the 1st 10 seconds.

*start sarcasm* For a second there I almost forgot the whole world of Rubi-ka is made up of 100% traders that know how to kill people. *end sarcasm*

edit: added 100% which was whole point of the sarcastic part, i left out by accident while typing
    Last edited by Patk9; Nov 20th, 2002 at 21:49:14.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Originally posted by Patk9
    *start sarcasm* For a second there I almost forgot the whole world of Rubi-ka is made up of traders that know how to kill people. *end sarcasm*
    If you look at the level 74 population I'm sure 99% are traders.

Re: Whats with the new high titles?

Originally posted by Myrdd
    I dont understand something... I have played AO for a long time, seen people come and go, since I am omni I will pick on Johiyat and Patk9... Before I quit the game for a few months ago I saw Enigmamonger kill both of these people EASILY ample times. I dont understand how then I come back some months later and they are "PvP Gods" with Experienced and Neophyte... If Enigmamonger could kill them with such ease I am sure many others could... Please someone tell me how you go from gimp to amazing in a few months, seeing as MAs didnt get any significant love in this time and Adventurers only got a little bit.
    thats called UVC nerf...
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Myrdd
    Thats just not true, Traders can have difficulty with many people. I am saying Enigma could kill them with the snap of a finger... Saw it in 2ho plenty of times... There were other MAs he had trouble with tho, like .. oh wahts his name... High lvl clan MA his name started with an M... Anyway say Enigma fight him and it was pretty close after the Trader heal nerf, though there was no chain rooting going on.
    Game has changed since UVC nerf you know... nano resistance works MA could kill trader in 10 seconds.

Lol enigma is no god i had him, elementul teamed and trying to gank me poor trader had to zone 4 times from me.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Woot !

Woot Pomy and me have the same feeling about something !!!
    Now thats not the first time and lately i found alot of players i didnt talk to usually that i realy appreciate, sadly we usually think the same about the game ( yes sadly ... )
    Infamine 200 soljah

Originally posted by Abid
    My friend is a blackbelt he can kick your butt Myrdd.

Oh and hermy didnt you "retire" from pvp at some point? (Retire being my dirty lil euphemism for every word you can imagine fitting right there).
    No, I havent retired, seen you run by several times in 2Ho latest month, but I have a healty respect for attacking traders that knows what they do

Otherwise I have been quite busy this fall in RL, so I havent pvped so much as I would like to no =(

Why you want to be dirty with me I cant imagine =)
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.

Re: Re: Whats with the new high titles?

Originally posted by Infamine

thats called UVC nerf...
    Whiiiiiine =P

Keep in mind that some people do play better than other people. There are Traders out there that aren't as good as some other Traders. Being a Fixer it is not all that smart of me to fight Traders but I do.

I am not a title hugger. I have been Apprentice a few times and have had it taken from me almost as quickly. hehe mostly by Traders. Most other professions won't fight a GA IV Fixer. So I am relegated to ganking Omni in Omni Ent with the hopes that a Rookie will be around and a doc won't... and that it will only be 1 v 2 instead of the usual 1 v 5.

I have beaten Traders even with my GA OE'd to 25%. Two nights ago I had a self buffed duel (except for the rrfe thrown onto me cuz I HoT'd someone) with an Omni Trader and it was close but I beat him. He was so surprised that he kept yelling at me in /tells that I wasn't self buffed and that he would kick my ass if I was.

First off when you gank someone (he ganked me) there is no "agreement" to a self buffed duel and secondly I WAS self buffed for the most part. I had my weak health and normal Fixer buffs and expertises running. The Trader assumes he will beat everyone which is his downfall. Some people just are not equipped well enough to PvP.

Traders SHOULD own GA Fixers but not all of them do. I have fought some Trader friends to 50% without drains and they have come close to beating me. These are the uber Traders... all i have to do is think and what if I was -415 skills.... These are the guys you don't go picking on.

There are titled people out there that are meat. Easy kills. And there is 2ho. Mass PvP (which I don't do much of) where individual skills and tactics can be countered by more organized group of players to target you and take you down in 5 seconds. Someone gets points there and it doesnt matter if the target was a Trader or an Eng he has no chance either way.

heres a simple solution to farmers, and people with legit high titles.

nerf engys

the question isnt why anymore, its why not.

*note to self, read the other posts/topic before posting*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12