Thread: Snare in NW.. insane

Snare in NW.. insane

Just checked some stuff for Notum War and to break snare you need nano and nano kit to reduce their duration but they still dont break. So I tought a little about this and I checked some database and noticed that my best snare debuff your speed by -1500 and its an area nano that last for 28minutes. Do you imagine the rampage this is gonna do in gonna do in PvP? With a NR check of 70% and with a range increaser I can cast this nano in 1second and reduce an entire playfield runspeed by 1400 for 28 minutes. This is great for me but VERY bad for for all of you. Mostly ppl w/out Snare breaker nano.

Thumbs down

Gah, I hope they nerf it before launch already :-|

The duration for that thing kinda sucks... You have time to call up your hole guild before I can move out of somewhere heh

Re: Snare in NW.. insane

Originally posted by Insida
    Just checked some stuff for Notum War and to break snare you need nano and nano kit to reduce their duration but they still dont break. So I tought a little about this and I checked some database and noticed that my best snare debuff your speed by -1500 and its an area nano that last for 28minutes. Do you imagine the rampage this is gonna do in gonna do in PvP? With a NR check of 70% and with a range increaser I can cast this nano in 1second and reduce an entire playfield runspeed by 1400 for 28 minutes. This is great for me but VERY bad for for all of you. Mostly ppl w/out Snare breaker nano.
    I can see it now..

Fixer goes into 2h0 casts this on 20 people and runs away at top speed somewhere in the zone and hides.

then starts /telling people "i will /terminate so you can break your 28 minute slow if you give me 2 mil"

:P
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Nope thats the problem, they stick like all the other debuff but theres a fiew things that can shorten the duration.. heh

best way i've found for terminating a snare/root is to just keep fighting. eventually, i'll be dead and all debuffs will come off.

I mostly don't mind the area snares, since as long as nobody picked aggro on you and just casted the area snare you can still break it. in 1 vs 1 it's damn annoying tho
    Rawkster - 200 Agent
    Thorian - 200 Trader

wtf is wrong with the devs? how many enfs/MAs/advens will quit when this happens? MAs account for practically half of their customers! (i guess they figure hey will make up for it by pleasing the traders - the other half of their customers )

MAs got new attacks to get the rid of root/snares.. and with some other effects in speed and NR, like enforcers rage. Dont know if everyone can use them like everyother attack MAs have. You need Ripost to use them.

(I bet the skill-lock recharge is 5 minutes to prevent chain'un'rooting )
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

So, MA's have a rootbreaker for 10 secs every 5 minutes. Great. That feels real nice.

/DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

The 14.7 patch notes says that hostile programs cast on yourself no longer can be used to break roots.

As per the current ruleset, 14.6, this applies only if your enemy is attacking you. If I understand the patch notes for 14.7 correctly, this will now apply even if the enemy is not attacking you.

Rooters can now zone to heal while you are rooted, only to come back and continue killing you, and there is not a god damn thing you can do about it. Doesn't look like FC considered this when they made this change.

Yea but will all the root counter nano and item you have to cast the best root and the duration will be dropped by 1500 sec+the item and stim that break root. With the top level buff root will probly last like 5-10 seconds and they break when you receive damage. Snare is another story cause they stick even when you receive damage.

Originally posted by Bartleby
    (i guess they figure hey will make up for it by pleasing the traders - the other half of their customers )
    on a short note, traders are the second LEAST played of all professions. after crats. and what i saw in the patch notes, i think every trader would gladly give up the effect of mezz in pvp to make them work in pvm again. and to avoid even more whining and nerfcrying (would that be even possile ?)

'tis a sad day to be a melee adventurer.
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I thought this was cool

"I am From Edmonton, Canada Home of Real Beer, Maple Syrup, Snow, Hockey and Killer Beavers"

Since so am I, and half my guild

Big AO party at Nothinman's house!!

Melee is dead. Long live melee. (enforcers will be the ones to carry on I suppose... GL guys)

/DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.