Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concerning the upcoming moneywipe

the monent FC announce "money wipe" is the day they find 5 people left on their servers, however i do think a money cap is a very good idea, or yet decrease all items below 30 by 20% that might sort out a few things, better yet, all high level players exceeding the money cap will have the excess money given to poor players!!!
    Love makes the world go around
    Beer makes it go faster

Originally posted by Craton
    .better yet, all high level players exceeding the money cap will have the excess money given to poor players!!!
    I realy hope that was a joke!!!

As for the exploited money!!! THEY HAVE BEEN TREACKED DOWN AND REMOVED!!!

I personaly lost creds to this, creds that has been traded for items, and prolly been thru more then 1 trade!!!
    OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

Originally posted by PipBoy
    Once again, X is for them to decide whenever the wipe goes through.
    Where the hell did you get this idea??? there is NOOOO official info concerning this on the forums, nor has there been on IRC...

Where did you get the idea? pleace, show us the facts.

I mean, if you got this from another player then LOL to you, if you can gimmi a quote from a official FC person(and the URL to where he posted it), then we can talk.

This is the stupidest thread I have ever seen.

about the so called "exploited" creds, HAH. that was the case a month or 2 ago, but its surtenly not the case today.
    You are an idiot. They can't remove cash from the game if it has been moved to another player. There is no real tracking system. hardly any that used the Bank exploit have been banned. Most that were using it created temp accounts, started a new guild, tossed a few creds in and exploited a few mil out.

Erasing my hard earned credits would definately make me quit the game, well that and start a lost wages lawsuit. It takes a long time to get money. I know a few people with over 800mil jsut hangine out that they EARNED. Yeah thats right, they've been on long enough to get a huge chunk of change. I know theres one cat on RK1 with well over a bil. And it's all thiers get it?
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

I know theres 1 guy with atleast 5bil legitly earned.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

hehe big scary enforcer with an obsession for s&m?
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

FunCom are not that stupid as to do something like that.
    PipBoy is just stating his wish for a moneywipe.
    A moneywipe will not happen.

The End.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Lightbulb Agreee!

Bump
    How long will a floating point operation float?

Got 3.7 billion personally. Calmed battlesuit missions for almost all of it. Never got any rares so I never had a chance of getting exploited creds from anyone. Yes, I have a lot to lose when a wipe goes through. In this case though, I think it is for the best. As for those claiming they would quit if they got their creds wiped; you're blowing smoke. Fact is I'd be willing to wager that at least a quarter of you have had rares and money vanish on you if not entire inventories, and yet your still playing. If they wiped your creds, you'd continue to play because you're addicted.

If you have 3.7 billion credits why do you think that wiping the credits would have any point at all? If you got 3.7 billion credits once, you could do it again exactly the same way. Would we then need to wipe the credits again?

Originally posted by Nianna
    If you have 3.7 billion credits why do you think that wiping the credits would have any point at all? If you got 3.7 billion credits once, you could do it again exactly the same way. Would we then need to wipe the credits again?
    I calmed battlesuit missions when they sold for several million a piece. They don't anymore, so I wouldn't make that kind of money. Also, the cap will prevent anyone from having unbalancing amounts of cash.

Btw, that 3.7 billion didn't happen overnight. I've been playing AO since shortly after launch.

Besides, it's just money. They've done worse before. My FAs and my Divaad suit were deleted from my inventory quite definitely on purpose. I didn't whine then because I saw the need for it to happen. Unfortunately, most folks are pretty shortsighted.
    Last edited by PipBoy; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 11:34:53.

Blah blah blah blah....

Wheres the facts pipboy???
    You still haven't produced a single quote or enything even sugesting that they will do this, now have you?
    Its all pure spekulation and idea's that might aswell be pure crap.

I have yet to se enything, ive been looking arround and asking arround and virtualy no one but you, pipboy, even things FC would be stupid enuf to do something like this.

On the 3.7 bill you say you have, sounds unlikely to have that kind of cash and never buy a single rare item? '
    I mean, whats the idea of framin Creds if you are not gonna use them?
    For fun? HAH...

Money sinks are one way to balance an economy. NO DROP items that have to be purchased and cant be resold.

Another thought is to have items lose ql as they pass hands.

ie. QL200 gun is sold and becomes a 199 gun therefore selling for less ....passes hands again and become 198 gun ...etc.

The idea of it losing value is kinda like a used car (ignore classic cars pls) will never sell for more than new car.

Not saying this is the best idea ....just an idea of a way to change the economy, not really sure that is needs it.

I am working hard to get money together. I solo team missions everyday and then sit ontop of ft selling.

Money wipes would never work, players would be angry. Money caps would not work, barter would be the only way of getting anything.

Just random thoughts,

Sepaku
    110 Atrox Fixer
    "The Ghetto Noobie Trox Fixer"

Talking My suggestion

Hey since were on the topic why not go FULL OUT! Do a complete character wipe, item wipe, money wipe...etc. etc. etc. Then we can all just start out new and fresh. Heck a lot of players (I do not have the facts just my opinion) have been playing for less than 6 months so most wont mind the wipe right? Then we can all just start over. And hey you know what in about 6 more months they can wipe again. It'll be like a race to see who can lvl the fastest in the 6 months only to have your character wiped.

Note: All the above is sarcasim ppl.

1. Wiping never solved anything and it's bad on the customer relations side.

2. Every online game has had it's share of exploits or dupe bugs. Tighter coding and longer testing removes them sure but not 100%.

3. If you don't like the economy you have a choice: live with it or get the $*&K out.

4. Your quote about the players not being able to do anything about the economy is completely untrue. Funcom has been listening to us lately and if enough ppl complain about a problem then they usually do something about it. Because if they loose tons of players then they loose tons of cash.

5. Something recently must have pissed you off and to that all I can say is, "Sorry." Don't let current events get to you. Most of the time(I said MOST) bugs, nerfs, etc.etc.etc. all get worked out you have to have patience and preseverance.

6. You as a consumer have the right to petition FUNCOM. Ask Cz to start a poll and see what the players think. But remember Funcom is going to do this democratically. Most of the reply's that have been left here do not support your arguement. So I'm afraid you'd be on the loosing end of the stick so to speak.
    "Men have died from time to time, and worms have eaten them, but not for love." - Shakespeare

Aermatage-Fixer of SLAAK

Starvampire-Doctor of SLAAK

Hotpants-Faction = N/A THE only TRUE neutral character in the game of SLAAK

I think Notum Wars is pretty much a moneywipe, everything that is new is expensive. Not to mention it will clear a lot of credits. The prices for things are so high because people are just trading credits around and that's how they get them. It's like this, Exploited credits were used to buy things, the money kept adding up, no one spent it in shops, so it just keeps adding from player to player trades. So now instead of only dumping a few credits in a shop for ammo or treatment/nano kits or a few nano programs.. you'll be dumping millions into vehicles and towers and the like. This money will be gone, not circulated. It won't have a huge immediate effect but soon people won't sell things for 100s of millions of credits just because it would take weeks to accumulate it without a steady supply of things to sell, which in turn wouldn't sell for as much.. and so on in that cycle. Good plan I think... if it works is another story.. but it looks good written out.

It's not about how much money people have. It's the people with the money that set the damned market on things that's the problem. Take notum frags for example... One guy decided now that you can make armor with them to sell it for 10 million credits-so some lazy guy who could blitz calm tanks for millions at a go back in the day says sure-not a drop in the bucket for me... hence the economy is totally screwed thanks to one action between two players. The same goes for any rarer or unique loot now.
    I don't know about most people but making 1 mill credits still takes awhile even at lvl 150+ -if you can tream loot alpha you can possibly get around 100k plus selling to shops from mission junk.

I just wish players would lose the greed factor, if everyone would sell things for less it would boost the economy-instead of breaking everyones bank.

Moral-Don't buy into the greed, and don't buy from greedy people.

I recently found a ql 197 soul frag... So I took it to shopping channel to trade it, not sell it. I was bombarded with offers upto 20 mill for 1 piece out of 3 for a vt egg it's simply retarded. I wanted to trade it even out for either 2 ql 162+ notum frags or a ql 200 cas helm... Needless to say I still have the soul frag and am still without the helm I wanted. Why... Greed, I have his 2 notum frags for trade but when I can get 10 mill a piece for them alone plus theres bound to be some idiot who will pay 35mill for a ql 200 cas helm... I wouldn't pay over 5 mill for anything but a car, let alone a friggin helmet.

People get wise, stop dropping the big bucks on these items it would be better for everyone.

This talk about credit/character wipe = a customer wipe. What are you thinking about? If you want to end the game for the players and end FC careers then this would do it.

Since the big money dupr's are punished and gone and there funny money as well I don't see a big problem anymore. I worked very hard to get where I'm at. 14 mil and I was never given any large amounts of money nor did I ever find items worth millions. It took forever to get to 14 mil and I still need to work to be able to buy some things in game. What will I do? Work some more!

Credit wipe or character wipe and I'm gone. After somthing like that, it won't be hard to walk away and not look back.

FC should make a comedy Forum and move this thread to it.
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12