Thread: For all Classes That want their Fixing !

For all Classes That want their Fixing !

Here is a link to a post that I think fits This MMORPG and all others that are and those that are to come.

http://www.massivemultiplayer.org/cnt.php?id=154

Every time someone makes a suggestion of the game company does something that they feel needs to be done in order to try and balance things out.... everyone Moans "what about them?"
    Even if their class can do more things, take on more mobs with low risk of dying or so forth it still is never enough.... everyone wants MORE MORE MORE ! My god people this is just a GAME. This is not real life.... if it is to you then you need to seek HELP. Granted that there are things that should be done.... bugs introduced (mistakenly and not intended) then company needs to fix them...instead of getting this all they get (most of the time) is biased opinion without much fact or information that they can use to even test what problem may have been found. No matter what FC does to try and help everyone it will never be enough as someone, somewhere will ALWAYS feel like they have been shafted (MAs anyone?).

I will be the first to admit that I myself am guilty of this line of thinking. I too get frustrated at this game.....every time I log on to try and find a group...as an Agent...it is hard as hell as you are one of the least desirable classes (yes I know there are other classes as well) and if you are not a DOC then you pretty much are not guaranteed a spot in a team. Yes I feel that there are issues with my class, and we have (Agents in general) discussed the problems we have with PVP that will be essential and all encompassing in the Notum Wars. YES we are upset, yes our full ability of what our class description and why 99.99% of us made an Agent has been taken away from us due to the "Funcom Vision" of longer lasting PvP fights. Do not even start to go there with the (well you got your crit nanos increased in PvP) because ya know those only last for a few seconds not MINUTES like most of the others. BUT STILL it is just a game...there will be problems that cannot be found in a limited setting like beta and testing on the test server...Only when released to the masses will the problems become apparent, and only then can Funcom see what problems there are and fix them. I am trying to be patient.... I know I have gone off and ranted in the past, but have always afterwards stopped and thought that I was out of line and I just need to relax.

In all honesty...Funcom has been more responsive to the players than any other MMORPG that I have been associated with. I am also myself hoping that Cz can get through the days without turning to alcohol (if he hasn't already) doe to all the flaming he gets towards HIM. Don't shoot the messenger people.... he isn't the one making the decisions...he is only relaying our concerns to those in charge, and then relaying back to US what has been decided to what he has been told to tell us in the meantime.

Sorry for the long post on this but it just needs to be said that sometimes we just need to shut the hell up and watch from the sidelines instead of trying to force our own Spectacular and incisive opinions and ideas on the developers.

I apologize for the poor use of grammar and overall english.

Zeronx

Well, as a NT, I can say it wouldn't be such a problem if FC would quit making promises the can't or have no intention of keeping. AO is a veritable cornicopia of broken promises. Be frickin' honest... that's all I ask (well, almost all I ask). Don't be such wusses all the time (which is what I think it basically boils down to).

And I hate to sound the cynic here, but I think FC is trying TOO hard to come off as more open than those other companies, when they're really not. It results in them spouting off whatever pops into mind at any given time. I really believe they have some sort of agenda/plan... we're just not privy to it, however. But they'd like us to THINK we are.

Ok, enough negativity. FC is great and I love AO. All is right with the world... it's raining lollipops and gummy bears.

I fully understand that. Hell before they fix any thing any class wants done....I would just ask they fix several other issues that are just with the engine itself. The No line of sight outdoors if you have a pebble in front of you is an obvious one....and several others.

Originally posted by Zeronx
    I fully understand that. Hell before they fix any thing any class wants done....I would just ask they fix several other issues that are just with the engine itself. The No line of sight outdoors if you have a pebble in front of you is an obvious one....and several others.
    Can't disagree there, mate. But FC has some strange priorities I must say. Obviously, they're going with whatver they think will help them make a buck... but I really believe their thinking is seriously flawed. I'd love to set in on one of their meetings and hear where they get some of their ideas on what to do next from. I have a feeling the word "Everquest" comes up a lot... not what AO's playerbase is saying. *shrug*

[edit]Ok, so they're Norwegian and I wouldn't have the slightest frickin' clue what they're saying... [/edit]
    Last edited by Brueskie; Nov 19th, 2002 at 19:43:04.

Re: For all Classes That want their Fixing !

So... when is my class gonna be fixed?

Whaaat? I'm not playing "Fantasy Game Designer Online"?
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!