Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix Soldiers!

Beartwo

Hehe,

First of all Cyboot is a friend of mine for a long time now and we are in the same guild, Lost Chapter.

I dont do pvp in 2h0...have been there maybe 3 times for pvp.
    What i do is duels. I duel.

I wont go into details about how long i have pvped and which lvl200 docs, traders, sols, ma's i have killed...thats not important.

The reason i stated the above is because i want you to understand i am not new in pvp and i know exactly how to deal with all proffessions(not engis yes :P).

Selfbuffed duel under 14.6.
    Cyboot vs Me
    Result, i will loose.

Buffed duel.
    Depending on who you ask you will get different answers.
    Lets us say my chances has increased by alot.

In 14.7 it depends on the init fixes, but yes my chances should have increased there aswell to some extent.(QB, EQB, PR and the init fix)

Now understand this, i am not complaining. I concider the soldier class a fighting one and my brothers in arms.
    So if i do loose to sol its no big deal, i lost to a fighting class and i can live with that.

This is what i am saying.
    I pick Cyboot because he plays the soldier class to its FULLEST potential.
    When i duel a sol my lvl and he cant get me below 90% HP it pisses me off.
    Because i know that guy does not play the soldier as he SHOULD be.

Then i see the same soldier come to the boards and *****...hypothetical scenario.

Soldiers are good believe me, IF you know what you are doing.
    Does that mean you dont need love?
    No, thats not what i am saying...i am saying that you are good.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Soldiers do better against enforcer's then their gimpiness would lead you to believe. As a soldier and an enf I can without a doubt say that soldiers suck. And as a soldier I can sometimes get lucky and win vs enforcers... but that doesn't stop me from losing to most other pvp'ers. And as an enf I can sometimes get unlucky and lose vs soldiers... but that doesn't stop me from winning against most other pvp'ers (well... not traders yet ).

Anikitos, soldiers arn't good. believe me.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

Self buffed.. solder can beat enf most of the time.

self buffed, enf runs when soldier TMS'es and comes back to kill him, soldier loses 100% of the time.

only reason soldier can do ok in duels is cause people will stand up to TMS and tank it.

if the rooting classes root and run were toast, if the other classes just run in circles so we cant hit them, we lose.

soldiers are good as long as your opponent will follow certain rules.

GA4 fixer self buffed, pretty sure ill win everytime if he aggrees not to root and run at all. just stand there and take the pain. but thats not how it goes.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Rubi-ka is a world Dominated by merchants and medics roaming about the countryside oblitorating large groups of harderned combat soldiers and Enforcers. -LucidTrance
    Hehe thats a wicked quote.

Don't mind if my engie butt runs round in circles as ya whup me I hope?
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

first and foremost i would love to see a "fix" how weapon switching works. too often you are stuck to 1 gun cause of some reload bug.
    what i still dont get is the insane ncu usage of our buffs compared to the attack rating boost they give and im still wondering why fc put the new nanos into game. imo they are all crap except the fa buff. even IF someone could cast the highest buffs on their own i really doubt they would use them at all cause the 10 points of increased attack rating are of no value for the ncu it takes up (and im still mad fixers can get a higher attack rating as a soldier with a 1 skill weapon).
    many great ideas are posted all over the boards to increase the usefulness of tms via a nanoresist boost similiar to the rage line of enforcers. would be pretty cool cause with maxed and implanted nanoresist i cant resist ****.
    like nothinman pointed out earlier we are a "straight on profession" meaning we can only unload our attacks and use tms on judgement. if people play within our rules we can do ok but honestly who would do it? if i got roots i would use them too ... .

sometimes i wish i was clan so i could equip kaehler sleeves but fc and most of the people in forums think clans have such a hard time in this game that they deserve this most unbalancing item.

it is not the items, the weapons, or even the prof that makes you 'uber', it is the person behind the char. i have seen all profs played poorly, and i have seen all profs played extremely well.

some profs i agree could use some major attentions (engy, nt especially), but i have seen both of those profs played amazingly, i try to encourage people to play for the role or essence of what that prof entails, and not play for the moment, for change is what makes mmorpgs entertaining, and people that choose a prof with a playstyle they love and truely carry out will be the ones rewarded in the end, regardless of the current trend.

[/advice]
    Hailieglade 200 Heavy Combat PoP Star - Proud member of Inner Circle - Omni born on June 18th 2002
    ...after you fix cams can we get a 250 lvl cap? or maybe a 5k token board? for some poetic justice...
    BR 15 CR 2 Sniper / Medic / Engineer - Markov

Heh

Nothingman, i know i can run away from TMS...but what is the point of me doing that vs a soldier friend like Cyboot.

Besides if i do that i know i win 100%, i also know that my friend will zone 100%. :P

What i am saying is, that usually his alpha takes me to 50% with rrfe on.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

I have beaten one 200 enf

Self buffed and both going at it full tilt from the beginning so I am not saying anything agaist enfs.

My beef is with the other classes, whom I feel soldier should have a fighting chance at (1v1), self buffed or not.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Re: Re: Fix soldiers?

Originally posted by Beartwo
    Cyboot? I have been lucky and killed him once while 20 lvls below him, I `ll fight him again any day, even if he has more pvp experience than me. (sol vs. sol fights are boring though)
    That was u, Jacksr and another soldier who killed me in 2h0 :P but yes u got the PvP point, grrr, but sure i am up for a fight just gimme a tell
    moon meeh

first of all id like to point ouw 175 Soldier

I think soldiers aren't bad at all.... We could use a few things not much, but we good tanks good damange can use most any weapon in game? OK not seeing bad part i mean sure we only get 3 weapons actally green w 5 points in em but we can use other weapons as good as most proff.(ranged) I would like to see some help mabey SMG buff would be nice for all those uber smgs know lol. As for hellspinner its uber pvp but really its not that good. Has great low damage yes but 1500 crit with what 1150 ish attack? Div 9 does 1500 daamge reg hits 2500 crits do one crit w it and makes up for those few hits under 1k.

As for proff that needs help ahhhhh hmhm have traders gotten a new thing since ahhhhhhhhhhh cant ever rember? I'm NOT SAYING LET THEM HEAL DO MORE DAMAGE. Mabey some ah TRADE SKILL stuff hmhm o wait they give all that to engies. KNOW dont go saying engies dont need help either cuz i juz said they get trade skill stuff cuz they do noone seems to talk about mps either they same spot as engies. Although i think the thing that would help engies/mps the most is make the damn pets follow and attack right.

Originally posted by kingman
    first of all id like to point ouw 175 Soldier

I think soldiers aren't bad at all.... We could use a few things not much, but we good tanks good damange can use most any weapon in game? OK not seeing bad part i mean sure we only get 3 weapons actally green w 5 points in em but we can use other weapons as good as most proff.(ranged) I would like to see some help mabey SMG buff would be nice for all those uber smgs know lol. As for hellspinner its uber pvp but really its not that good. Has great low damage yes but 1500 crit with what 1150 ish attack? Div 9 does 1500 daamge reg hits 2500 crits do one crit w it and makes up for those few hits under 1k.

As for proff that needs help ahhhhh hmhm have traders gotten a new thing since ahhhhhhhhhhh cant ever rember? I'm NOT SAYING LET THEM HEAL DO MORE DAMAGE. Mabey some ah TRADE SKILL stuff hmhm o wait they give all that to engies. KNOW dont go saying engies dont need help either cuz i juz said they get trade skill stuff cuz they do noone seems to talk about mps either they same spot as engies. Although i think the thing that would help engies/mps the most is make the damn pets follow and attack right.

lol... oh yeah, soldiers are doing just fine, but damn! traders sure need teh luv!
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

by HH Munro

Re: Fix soldiers?

Originally posted by Beartwo
    Noone fights selfbuffed in 2HO, if you do I would say you are foolhardy and I`m not surprised a soldier can kill you
    I fight in 2ho self buffed since way back and still do when I log on...If I log on. Soldier can do fine self buff. Only reason why you people think soldier are weak is cause you dunno how to use range as an advantage.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    *Bump*

Engineers seems to be getting their love in this patch. Soldiers should be next in line.

Oh, and don't call a CH blocking nano "love", because it's next to useless.
    I want what your smoking.
    Lordvold Fix MA's
    Flxme The ranged alt

"My theory is that this was probably done in some way that it was supposed to end at a given date like 1st January 2010. Back then there was of course no one that would imagine that AO would last past 2010" Eponyx

Re: Re: Fix soldiers?

Originally posted by Garv

I fight in 2ho self buffed since way back and still do when I log on...If I log on. Soldier can do fine self buff. Only reason why you people think soldier are weak is cause you dunno how to use range as an advantage.
    ooo! ooo! explain to me oh knowledgable one! how we can use our range to advantage when we have no roots, and our weapons don't reach max range anyways.

by HH Munro

Sherrman, is call hit and run tactic. What you do is you start your battle as far as possible but in shooting range...empty your alpha strike and switch to rivers eries. reason is most likely after you alpha them, they will run, or heal. If they heal, then you should think about zoning soon cause is hard to beat healer with the 40% max dmg nowdays. If they don't heal, they will be low hp and most likely run at you or away from you, so run according to how he's running and you're still shooting with river series. Of course you can still be rooted if your opponent have root nano. But you still have a chance of breaking it with one more hit healing. and you just keep running within river's shooting range and basically "kite" your opponent. When you think you're gonna die, mk and run for the zone.

Oh, that . Well as soon as I have the ip to max smg I'll give it a try . Isn't the river gun shooting while running a bug tho? Figured it was going to get fixed sooner or later myself .

by HH Munro

Soldiers don't need any loving, they are already fine as they are now. So great, soldiers probably need a nerf in the next patch.

Hm let's see..
    1.) TMS
    2.) Heals
    3.) Hellspinner

What more do you soldiers want? You can reflect loads of damage, that even a 200 enforcer boss doing rad damage couldnt take you down to half hp. You can chain cast one hit, and heal yourselves without a doc, and plus considering the crit nerf, and the fact hellspinner's do not rely on a crit for their punch, your out there killing mobs and other profs with Radiation
    damage.

Oh and your weapon sucks down your target's rad ac, so it makes the intended target even more susceptible to radiation damage.

That's not even to mention how fast some of your specials recycle on some of your weapons. Oh and to prevent a doc from complete healing? Well thats a whole other realm of uberness for soldiers.

Soldiers need loving? Please. Soldiers need a nerf. And for starters let's nerf TMS. Bring it down to 50% effectiveness, and make the nano shutdown last at least 3 minutes for all marks.

YES!

My soldier is way too uber!

NERF TMS!
    perhaps by decreasing TMS time, decrease reflected amount, increase nano-locked time and oh oh oh perhaps a nice DoT or some such would make things more favourable.

BTW, if TMS is nerfed, have fun dying cause I ain't gonna be taking agro if I can't deal with it properly if things turn sour.... ah, what the hell, of course I'll be taking aggro, I'm a soldier, I protect you weak classes. Thanks for the vote of confidence from our fellow profs...

NERF TMS!

yes, please nerf them soldiers!

NERF NERF

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast