Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix Soldiers!

Angry Fix Soldiers!

Soldiers in this game have been royaly screwed. Soldiers are suppose to be a damage inflicting profession, and we are out damaged and get beaten by nano prof's.

Every other profession has been given something new thats useful. All us soldiers got was a bunch of nanos with LEVEL REQ's that most of us can never use, (self cast too) and also got a gun.

Right now, the Soldier is the most gimped profession in AO. Sometimes I wonder if FC has just decided to ignore all the soldier's posts for something to make the profession how it was origenally design to be.

lol

At least u can buy ur nanos in store.

+ NT's are supposed to outdamage everyone.

Re: Fix Soldiers!

Originally posted by Frondrah
    Soldiers in this game have been royaly screwed. Soldiers are suppose to be a damage inflicting profession, and we are out damaged and get beaten by nano prof's.

Every other profession has been given something new thats useful. All us soldiers got was a bunch of nanos with LEVEL REQ's that most of us can never use, (self cast too) and also got a gun.

Right now, the Soldier is the most gimped profession in AO. Sometimes I wonder if FC has just decided to ignore all the soldier's posts for something to make the profession how it was origenally design to be.
    As a NT, I really have to say... and I'll probably get lynched by fellow NTs for saying this... give engies the love next... they desperately need it more than anyone by far. Yes, NTs and soldiers need work... but engies are totally fuxored.

Funcom thinks soldiers are good the way they are. That makes sense when you look at the new soldiernanos.

They will continue to tweak those few proffessions (no names) they like.

End of story

give it up soldier, start an enf or fixer.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

i totally agree that soldiers are messed up. A fixer for example can greatly out damage us. But it is true that engys are worse off than us :/
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

Originally posted by Frondrah
    Soldiers are suppose to be a damage inflicting profession, and we are out damaged and get beaten by nano prof's.
    Ho....then, what about the NT ? And the Agents ? Their dmg need to be lower than the soldiers ?

Soldier are supposed to be the master of ranged battle, i think they are...especially when NW will be released.

Lhylhy if you would explain why you think soldiers will be the master of ranged combat when NW gets here.

As of right now the only thing soldiers have over any other class is that they can self-equip there weapons earlier then any other class save Traders. They have only that and TMS going for them.
    http://community.anarchy-online.com/...1/name/xaielao
    "Yea, I've got your information.. you got my money?"
    Proud member of 3305 Local
    A non-GA Fixer, and pround of it!

Fergus ~ 27 Soldier (after wipe) ~ Test
    "No escaping pain! You belong to me.." Megadeath-Skin o' my Teeth

Fion ~ 25 Opi MA (after wipe) ~ Test
    "Woh look at that MOB! Think I can take it? *SMACK* OUCH!"

What about engineers? Aside from Whiteboog no one has acknowledged just how a screwed they are. Me, me, me... get over it. I really wish I could see things from your all's point o' view, but I'm afraid I can't get my head that far up my arse.

Originally posted by Petia
    lol

Just for a lil more knowledge for you, exactly 1 of the new Nanos can be bought into shop. A lowlevel one - of course. Everything else couldn't be found in shops or neither in missions.

If NT's are supposed to outdmg everyone, why is it si hard for docs to keep you HP gimps alive (special the Nanobreeded ones) ?

Just 1 question that came to my mind ...
    Quotation from a statement of Henry Radiman, official Clan Leader:
    >> "Action is needed," says Radiman. "Commentary is needed. Policy is needed. The Council is needed." <<

------------
    Marariella, once a Member of The Council
    ------------

lol

we can? damn! show me to the store with my nanos please!

lol

Oh yeah, like all those Div9s I see in the terminals...

oh wait, well I gues I can get my Tellus...
    wait, no....
    IMI Tellus TT Advocate.
    Helsinki Dual wielding Tellus Soldier
    Chlamydia Combat Medic "turn right and cough..."
    Heygimme Gourmet baby chef and connoisseur.

75% Reflect Sheild
    Good Damage(no, fixer dont outdamage you, if they do, you got a problem)
    Good AC and HP
    Very usefull buff for everyone
    Powerfull Alpha and alot of weapons

The only problem I see with Soldiers is their lack of originality and their weaknes to roots. They dont have any flashy cool stuff but they still stay effective.
    When Im in 2ho and I fight soldiers and they start TMS, its uber. Youre the only proff that can handle 12 ppl shooting at you for more than 30 seconds while killing someone at the same time. Yes you get debuffed, yes you get rooted, yes you get your init drooped to -1000, yes you have to zone, but we all do.

Boosted Hellspinner - A gun which soldiers have to obtain from the Cyborg Dungeon (easy step). Then we need to upgrade it by killing the Obidiency Inspector (a bit harder, requires 2-3 high level teams to do). Requires 3 skills, average damage ~900, Burst for 2.5k, FA... Your mileage may vary.

Manex Catastrophe December A gun which can be had as a mission reward. Requires 2 skills, average damage ~1.5K, Burst of 5k.

Boosted Hellspinner was introduced as a soldier only weapon, sort of a "balancing act". At this moment a soldier with manex does better damage than soldier with a hellspinner. Both are outdamaged by Manex-wielding Traders/Fixers.

This MTI Martins was considered to be too powerful and "Unbalancing" and removed from the game. Strangely enough, my tests showed it inferior to the Hellspinner. Alas, those were just my tests.

Finally, there is a rumor that NW will finally introduce the Nophex Plasma Destroyer. I've not rolled a soldier on beta, and I still don't know if they will be mission only or available through some silly quest.

Personally, I don't understand why can't soldiers have a weapon that's relatively easy to obtain (read through regular missions, not killing uber bosses) and gives them attack rating at par with that of the fixers.
    Ananke - Carrah - Loretta

ZWhen the going got tough, the tough ran away

*Bump*

Engineers seems to be getting their love in this patch. Soldiers should be next in line.

Oh, and don't call a CH blocking nano "love", because it's next to useless.

Originally posted by Ventoris

Every other profession has been given something new thats useful. [/B]

LOL

did you play an engin this last year ???

try it and you will see how your soldier is nice

Labonne engin 133
    and many more

SOmeone says soldiers who are being outdamaged have problems

Try AO damage dumper and MA, Enf, Trader and Manex wielding fixers will fly right up there.

Using a Boosted hellspinner I dont draw aggro once during a mission unless I am very lucky with some hits. I still do a lot of damage, but compared to an enf 20 levels below me I am still behind.
    Before anyone starts shouting that I dont know what I am doing, I have 1100 Attack and 1100 init.

(That same enf has 1400 attack rating at lvl 175.... lol..and shields, and layers....)

We can do everything right, and still not be able to outdamage most profs. What we do well is stand up as a meatshield for 1:20 and then die. Thats useful if we can hold aggro (we cant) or if players were forced to "honor the threat" and engage us i combat once we engaged them. The latter is of course silly, as soon as anyone sees TMS go up they stop firing and land a root on us...

I even see NT`s drawing aggro over me... lol
    Last edited by Beartwo; Nov 21st, 2002 at 13:31:45.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Hehe, sorry for that, its just after lvl 90 i have to get 90% of my nanos from missions or uber mobs who i cant kill.

But hey i do agree, i can draw an agro even from enforcer if i start chaincasting on a mob.

Fix soldiers?

Tell that to Nothingman who beat Tortureyou(Punishment Rod).

Or maybe go tell that to Cyboot.
    In 14.6 i cant beat him selfbuffed with my slow QB.

Hellspinner also debuffs radiation reflect right?
    That debuff is also 0% NR check right?

What i am saying is that soldiers are very good in 1 vs 1 duels and they rock in mass pvp.

I also notice something very funny. Some soldiers my lvl or higher simply...suck so hard i can take them with dmg shield.

Then you get some sols like Cyboot and Nothingman(Have not dueled him), Markt and a couple of others that simply rock.

I have beaten good lvl200 sols, yes...but not selfbuffed.
    Your dmg output is very good too, alpha hurts.
    Hellspinner does good reliable dmg and it works, that i know of first hand.

How exactly do you want to get fixed?
    IMO you are very good right now, but i am sure you have issues.
    I just dont see where you guys suck...where.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Re: Fix soldiers?

Originally posted by Anikitos
    Tell that to Nothingman who beat Tortureyou(Punishment Rod).

Or maybe go tell that to Cyboot.
    In 14.6 i cant beat him selfbuffed with my slow QB.

Hellspinner also debuffs radiation reflect right?
    That debuff is also 0% NR check right?

What i am saying is that soldiers are very good in 1 vs 1 duels and they rock in mass pvp.

I also notice something very funny. Some soldiers my lvl or higher simply...suck so hard i can take them with dmg shield.

Then you get some sols like Cyboot and Nothingman(Have not dueled him), Markt and a couple of others that simply rock.

I have beaten good lvl200 sols, yes...but not selfbuffed.
    Your dmg output is very good too, alpha hurts.
    Hellspinner does good reliable dmg and it works, that i know of first hand.

How exactly do you want to get fixed?
    IMO you are very good right now, but i am sure you have issues.
    I just dont see where you guys suck...where.
    You just took two of the most experienced pvp`ers in the game and listed a fight which I am sure was close anyway. We have seen before that good players can work wonders with a gimped prof. either through tactics or luck.

Cyboot? I have been lucky and killed him once while 20 lvls below him, I `ll fight him again any day, even if he has more pvp experience than me. (sol vs. sol fights are boring though)

Noone fights selfbuffed in 2HO, if you do I would say you are foolhardy and I`m not surprised a soldier can kill you.

I managed to kill a 200 enf myself 1v1 just after I got my Hellspinner on, yes its a good weapon, but I was very lucky with FA, burst and the intitial shot. Had I not been that lucky I doubt I would have survived.

I see that sols can put out a steady stream og good dmg, but its rarely enough to even irritate a healer, after this patch we will be rooted even worse than before so rooting profs can now have even more fun with us.

With no offensive nanos and not enough dmg we are becoming dependant on specials, which I am told will be nerfed through a new nano ....

There wasnt a single thing in this patch for us, and the content of the last one was idiotic since the new skill budget system isnt in place yet.

How do I wish to get fixed? Up my attack rating to where I become a force to be reconed with!!!! Attack Booster should be a line of nanos that mean something not the silly thing it is now!

While you are at it, up dmg to at least 70% =)
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast