Thread: [[ is this the intention with uniques? ]]

[[ is this the intention with uniques? ]]

The other day when I did a mission with my guild one of the fixers found an IQ ring, as everyone know is unique. The one we found was 7%, a really nice ring, but I thought it would be a problem since I was wearing a 5% IQ Ring.

I tried to pick it up, still wearing the IQ Ring, and it worked. It poped up in my inventory and I could swap the rings without any message. Then I thought this was a kind of a fix, going to explain later....

When we finnished the mission I wanted to give this ring to one in my guild. He couldn't accept it since he had a 2% IQ Ring in his inventory (same message if it was in bank) so he had to delete this ring before he could accept the ring I wanted to give him.

So after this I thought this was the intention. Lets say you find a TL6 Bracer on a mob, but can't wear it in another 10 levels. You can either delete the TL5 Bracer and pick it up, or forget about it. But the way it works now you can pick it up, but you can't trade it to other persons that has it from before.

If this is the intention with uniques I really would like to know, can we loot as many uniques we want, but can't buy and trade them?

That's probably the intent, yes. I remember several patches back, there were complaints that people with uniques couldn't pick up new ones, even of different QLs. In specific, I remember an MA complaining that he couldn't pick up a Flower of Life that he wouldn't be able to use for several levels unless he first deleted that one he already had.

Your description makes it sound like they've improved the situation, at least a little.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Uniques are badly broken.

Krabbus, gimme my face back.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

I know some people may ***** and say its ruining the game but.

Make the IQ rings and bracers no drop but not unique. If you find a better one put it on or toss it into the bank until you reach the level requirement and since you can't wear 2 your set.

Making things like Wen Wens Unique is just plain stupid..
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

If you picked up the unique, I would say that that is a bug, because I have been in similar situations, and not been able to loot.

~sky
    215 Solitus Soldier RK1
    Advisor Midnight Reveries.

Do politics exist? Yes.
    Who's involved in them? Anyone who wants to be.

If you spend your time worrying about what everyone else is doing in their lives, you'll miss what's happening in yours.

I have seen people looting 2 InterOps shirts from bosses too, and they are unique

I looted a QL200 InterOp shirt from a boss, and then later looted a QL164ish while I still had the QL200 in inventory. A bit after, while still holding both in inventory, I found another QL200 on a boss but was not allowed to loot it.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

ahh, I see... hmm, then I guess unqiues are badly implemented...