Thread: Init fixes....read.

Init fixes....read.

As you all must have heard the recharge part of the inits will be fixed.

That means that weapons like my QB will hit faster.
    Other slow weapons will hit faster too.

Thats ok, because as it is now these weapons are far too slow...at full aggro.

Now, what i am wondering is this.

What about nano inits?

For ex.
    NT casts a nuke that has a large recharge. Will he be able to cast it again faster?

And now the REAL problem here.

What about a traders divest/plunders.

Will a DOC be able to cast CH in 1/1 speed?

This is realy funny.

Imagine a lvl200 Doc like Letah...dont be pissed now Letah :P

Letah
    7k+ Nano pool
    191 Delta Clusters
    Best HE/Jobe
    Rrfe
    Behemoth
    Coruscating Shield
    RI
    NCU

Now lets say the recharge on nanos work like that.

CH
    Attack time 5.5 sec
    Recharge 8 sec

What we will have here is a doc that will never run out of nano and be able to insta cast CH...at full def maybe...i could be wrong.

If i am wrong about the full def, sorry.
    If i am wrong about the nano recharge, sorry.

I am just curious.

Ofcource all Letah will be able to do vs me is heal and AS...because QB will hit fast and hard.

But still, not all weapons are like QB.

PLZ tell me this init fix will not involve nano recharge, because if it ddoes.....docs are not gods now, but they will be after the fix.

Ofcource i could be wrong about that too....

Lets hear your opinions about the matter.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

As far as I know,

Nano init never affects recharge. To compensate, it lowers the attack time by 1 per 200 or 250 instead of 600 like on weapon inits.

No. Nano init has never fallen under the same rules as weapon init. It won't be affected.

Frankly, I feel it should. If someone can use an eqb or a manex at that type of speed, I see no reason why a nuker can't do the same. Especially since nukes cost nano. Swinging/shooting a weapon doesn't.

The damage those weapons do is just...wow. If I was an NT, I'd be steaming. :P

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    As far as I know,

Nano init never affects recharge. To compensate, it lowers the attack time by 1 per 200 or 250 instead of 600 like on weapon inits.
    That's about right.

With 0 nano init, at neutral agg/def (87%), the recharge on CH is 8 seconds and the attack is 5 seconds. With 1000 nano init, at the same agg/def setting, the recharge is still 8 seconds, but casting is instant. Moving agg/def to 100% will let you instant-cast with about 900 nano init, but recharge is always the same.

This won't be changed, I'm sure.

If init reduced the recharge speed on nanos, I'd be able to CH every 4 or 5 seconds instead of every 8. And I'd be able to pop A&O off in 7 or 8 seconds. And I'd have no delay at all from casting normal 4.5 second recharge heals.

Come to think of it, I suddenly find that I agree wholeheartedly with Zylina about this
    Last edited by Jynne; Nov 19th, 2002 at 16:56:00.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Yah I watched Tort last night smacking people around in the arena for 2.5k+ noncrit damage.

Just what we need.... more powerful weapons, then speed them up a bit!
    <Cheeze|Work> i told iwi to start her own guild
    <Cheeze|Work> "downward spiral"
    <Cheeze|Work> instead of "uprising"

Lol novalia

Thx for the lesson.....buuuuuuu.
    I am tired and was at work at the time, sue me smurf.

:P
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Originally posted by Meurgen
    Yah I watched Tort last night smacking people around in the arena for 2.5k+ noncrit damage.

Just what we need.... more powerful weapons, then speed them up a bit!
    I don't know how people can survive weapons like punishment rod and queen blade.. heck even beam without TMS.

when i fight enfs, if i didnt tms i would be dead in ... 7 seconds or less, when i fight them with TMS i can win sometimes because i have 81% reflect, even with that my HP goes down fast.. i don't even wanna imagine what that would do to a nt : P
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Also, the minimum execution time is not 1 sec, as was inferred in the first post. It is in fact 0 sec. So, if we do let nano init effect recharge, then CH could get down to 0/3 or so with a recompiler.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Just imagine the fixer chain rooting you at 1/1 full def with his root costing 19 nano out of his 3000 nanopool with HE/crunch and nano reducer. Now thats scary But the most scary thing is those new Enfocer weapons.. omg lol how is anyone supposed to manage to beat you guys except a lv 200 fixer or trader with a very good setup.

hehe, ive played with the new init fixes........
    just wait till they are live enfos will be owning everyone, mirror shield or not

Originally posted by Nothinman
    I don't know how people can survive weapons like punishment rod and queen blade.. heck even beam without TMS.
    Trust me, they don't. Anyone who's not in TMS/NS or wearing GA4 runs for their lives from an enforcer with those weapons. (Those who do have TMS/NS GA4 merely delay the trip to reclaim for a tad.)

Don't really remember what the exact numbers are for nano init reducing your atk speed. If what Jynn says is true, then at full agg and 1400 nano init (what i pvp with), I'd be insta casting NSD. Which I don't. :P
    Last edited by Zylina; Nov 19th, 2002 at 23:57:07.

Im just curious

I have a Gripo on my agent, (16) and over 400 Ranged init.

Will i be at 1/1 lol at level 16?

Originally posted by Zylina

Trust me, they don't. Anyone who's not in TMS/NS or wearing GA4 runs for their lives from an enforcer with those weapons. (Those who do have TMS/NS GA4 merely delay the trip to reclaim for a tad.)

Don't really remember what the exact numbers are for nano init reducing your atk speed. If what Jynn says is true, then at full agg and 1400 nano init (what i pvp with), I'd be insta casting NSD. Which I don't. :P
    There is a cap somewhere, not sure exactly. I observed that with 1200 nano init I can insta cast a nuke with 7s attack time, but with 1750 nano init I cannot insta cast a 9s attack time nuke.

Would love to nano initiate work like other initiate WOULD help so much in pvm especialy on those new mobs i would actualy consider using Alpha Omega now mroe often.

To bad its not gonna happen...
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

I want AOE Heals for those mobs and for Notumwars. Not AOE CH ofc but small heals would be great.

Oh and Anik, its okay you can 'use' me

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Nano casting is capped at 0/3... even when you recharge in the Nano is lower than 3 sec, you will get a message like this: 'Wait for current nano execution to finish'

I tried it with my OMHH and I cant execute it faster than 1 each 3 seconds, no matter how high I boost my NI
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

Originally posted by Sethil
    Nano casting is capped at 0/3... even when you recharge in the Nano is lower than 3 sec, you will get a message like this: 'Wait for current nano execution to finish'

I tried it with my OMHH and I cant execute it faster than 1 each 3 seconds, no matter how high I boost my NI
    weird, not for me, esp when im casting expertises and such.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Sethil

thats just the animation. step a lil in any direction and you can cast again right after.

Yep, the fact that you have to wait for the animation before casting another nano has been deemed a bug. It's one of the things that FunCom is "looking into."

Like Tallistro said, there are easy work arounds if you're having a long delay.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops