Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

If i havent bought Nulity 2 For My nt when she couldnt even cast it with mochams i would call it rare... But 210 millions thats not even a money for nano thats sooo good.

No one can crit every 4 seconds now not even MA, NT can simply nuke for ammount of crit every 4 seconds. Have you played your NT since 14.6?

Yes sure 1 second which happens once in a lifetime.

While poor 6k HP agents, fixers drop like flyes to NT.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

a little hint to you all: up that nano resist. dont expect to resist everything if you didnt ever touch it.

on a side note, since this thread is pretty old, you DO notice there has been some major changes to the way traders and their tools work, right ?

Originally posted by tallistro
    a little hint to you all: up that nano resist. dont expect to resist everything if you didnt ever touch it.

on a side note, since this thread is pretty old, you DO notice there has been some major changes to the way traders and their tools work, right ?
    OH MY GOD! HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID AND FORGET NANO RESIST? Oh, never mind, it's maxed, and implanted..

And the thread is what? 2 days old?

whoops, sorry read the date entry on the first post wrong. with nanoresist, well, it works. of course you only have a CHANCE to resist.

Originally posted by Jcdv2
    My conclusions to all this :

1) drains are too powerfull

2) defensive skills in general (Nano resist, evades, parry;...) are underpowered

Oooh and bring back my crits in PvP, tx.

yes lets make NR uber powerfull so NTs wont be playebel in pvp...
    w00p w00p!!

hi, nerf traders.

thanks.

Originally posted by Tolbat

yes lets make NR uber powerfull so NTs wont be playebel in pvp...
    you never had a problem trying to get heals nerfed so doc's, ma's, adv wouldn't be playable did ya ?

yes, i remember you. crying about how heals are so way overpowered. tell ya what, make heals 50% but you have to give me NR that works.

Originally posted by Dimmufodr

PS. Allibobba, the PvP critt- nerf came as a result of the developers vision of longer PvP fights not the whining from people on this forum. I can't remember one single profession that didn't whine over being hit by this nerf.
    Heck, i can't remember one profession that didn't ask for it except for MAs of course.

That statement doesn't really highlight the problem because, as you can see there are a lot of nerf whiners in this game who ask for **** and then see what they started when the nerf actually goes into effect...They are afraid to step up and show themselves as the people who asked for this nerf, the same goes for the bracer whiners, the same goes for the 100% damage whiners, they have all veiled themselves away after the nerf is put into place because they see that they caused something more than they asked for. when FC nerfs they don't joke around. People *seriously* need to think more of the effect and less of the cause when it comes to profession balance discussions.

" it s easy to cast 4 or 5 expertise in a row "

Hehehe....well, thats all you can cast when drained
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Originally posted by garzini

you never had a problem trying to get heals nerfed so doc's, ma's, adv wouldn't be playable did ya ?

yes, i remember you. crying about how heals are so way overpowered. tell ya what, make heals 50% but you have to give me NR that works.

Lol, you are getting it in the wrong order, dmg was nerfed, now its time that the healing profs gets hurt too, by for example 50% heals.

I want 100% dmg tho.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

You people are sad.

Just because you can't beat a trader or enforcer you start whining and want Funcom to wave the nerf stick...

I didn't make either profession for PvP. It sickens me...it's just one alpha male trying to prove thier superiority to another...

And oh yeah...we are all so useless because certain professions can't beat all others in PvP...uh huh...yeah...

Everyone does need a boost in some way shape or form. Trader's drains are powerful in thier own way. It isn't the only Trader advantage. Suppose you want Enforcers nerfed, too...right?

While we are at it let's scream more to have Grid Armor nerfed, too!!!

I could go on and on but what's the point really...
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

Originally posted by Rhina

I could go on and on but what's the point really... [/B]
    yeah whats the point, your another carebear who doesn't have a clue what thier talking about.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Dont Nerf Traders They are the only hard profession to Fight,
    If you nerf em I will own all proffesions And that wouldnt be fun...

j/k
    I think that to overcome this problem Just do so the each trader drain got a fixed chance to stick, Counted against the NR

Like the Nano counted against the NR,

It shouldnt be easier to get the drain to stick just because you got higher skill in the skill you excecute the nano with
    , (As it is now i Think)
    Last edited by Bigmongo; Nov 21st, 2002 at 01:08:05.
    Bigmongo 200 Enf RK1 Proud Member Of Svea Rike
    (Born July 23 at 18:11 2001) Reached LvL 200 after 80 days and 6 min of play time the 21st aug 2003)

Iammongo 63 Crat RK1 President Of The Mongo Family
    "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
    - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

-=[I may be Bad but i feel Good]=-
    - I AM NOT FAT I AM BIG BONED

All debuffs should have a much higher resist rate compared to nukes, and nukes should have their resist rate lowered.

Btw, Pomy, who is your NT?

I never like to nerf anyone... but that being said, -400 to my skills is ridiculously overpowered. In most cases, rather then crying nerf i'd prefer a boost to my profession, but c'mon, it would take a HUGE soldier boost to level the playing field
    Rookie Jiggamonkey - 162 Soldier
    Proud member of the MoK
    Proudly Canadian... the land of beer hockey and beavers

Originally posted by garzini

no i always pointed out that i wanted damage UNnerft..
    but if u like to post this becous u are pist on FC Ma nerf its ok whit me.. aslong as it make you feel better...
    w00p w00p!!

You people are sad.

Just because you can't beat a trader or enforcer you start whining and want Funcom to wave the nerf stick...

I didn't make either profession for PvP. It sickens me...it's just one alpha male trying to prove thier superiority to another...

And oh yeah...we are all so useless because certain professions can't beat all others in PvP...uh huh...yeah...

Everyone does need a boost in some way shape or form. Trader's drains are powerful in thier own way. It isn't the only Trader advantage. Suppose you want Enforcers nerfed, too...right?

Nah you see this game is ruined by losers like you. Funcom might have known that POINT A may be overpowered in PvP. But tons of people like you say that you don't ever POINT A in PvP because you don't PvP at all.

Now usually you just didn't PvP at all, because everytime you did you got killed by a Heavy Grinner-bearing engy with no bot, but now that POINT A is into effect you go in and fight everyone and use it to your advantage.

This brings the rest of us real pvpers, to say "wait a minute, this person who doesn't pvp just decided one day to pvp, and used that same tactic to her advantage.

Pfft, PvP, whether you do it or not, is a huge part of this game. No one cares if you don't pvp. Sprite is on the menu whether you drink it or not.

Arrow

Delete trader class.

Less hassle.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Originally posted by JiggaMonkey
    I never like to nerf anyone... but that being said, -400 to my skills is ridiculously overpowered. In most cases, rather then crying nerf i'd prefer a boost to my profession, but c'mon, it would take a HUGE soldier boost to level the playing field
    funny, but -400 to all my skills didn't phase me a bit before crit nerf. i could still kill them even if i was double debuffed. it's a matter of tactics really. most ma's i know always complained that they couldn't even scratch a trader, but i was their worst nightmare.

not anymore, not yet at least. soon i may find a way, but when i start out hitting for 150 or less damage, then get debuffed to doing 50 damage and can't crit, i don't see how.

take my crits if ya want, but at least up my min damage to make up for the loss. the reason ma's do horrible non crit damage is because we were meant to be critting alot. with out the crits i have a better chance of winning if i put on a ql 150 ithaca, at least i can do a good AS every couple seconds or so. mind you that this crit nerf also affected our brawls too. so now my whopping 300 brawl is shrugged off by everyone.

100% damage would be absolutely no fun too. one shot kills and such just don't sound entertaining unless you are the one doing the shooting.

(actually, yeah, now that i think of it, bring back 100% damage so i can start an agent alt. sneaking all over and AS then back to sneak. i'll be grandmaster soon :P)

Thumbs down

This is exactly my point.

The notion that the trader being the most uber profession there is, is purely a relative perspective.

It's pretty obvious after reading people crying for a drain nerf that these same people are ones who don't play traders, dont understand that draining and its debuff side effects are their only defining characteristic.

Maybe if they did play traders they would see that draining is probably one of the only things that sets them aside from being an engineer with tradeskill buffs, gimpy team heals, and a bot that humps walls.

People who get beat down by a trader thats draining, aren't crying for a balance to the game by "fixing" a seemingly overpowered profession, they are really asking Funcom for an easy fix so that the non-traders can more easily beat down a trader.

In fact, this is quite interesting to see people use numbers and anecdotes to attempt to justify their position that traders are absolutely uber.

Don't believe me? Ok then. Non-traders, attempt to justify this:

Let's see, the only two main reasons people use to justify the claim that traders are overpowered are these:

1.) -400 to weapon and nano skills is waay too much. It cripples the profession by setting them back a hundred levels.

2.) I and so and so, watched a duel between some level 120 trader and some level 180's. The trader easily beat the tar out of the 180's.

In response to 1.)
    This is not any different from a doctor debuffing their target's init by -1000 which is by the way more than twice as powerful as a trader's debuff.

Of course some of you non-traders will argue, "But that's not to nano and weapon skills its to inits! That's way different! Waahh nerf traders!"

Have you ever had a -1000 init debuff on you? You hit like once every ten seconds. In about 30 seconds you might be lucky to get off 4 hits or cast a couple of nanos. You might as well just run away.

Furthermore the opposite of this is grid armor. Have you even looked at grid armor? That thing not only adds to a fixer's already green skill evades it gives a bonus to their defense. That's jumping their character defensive skills hundreds of levels above their normal. You might as well be running around with a -1000 debuff on while trying to hit a fixer wearing grid armor. The only difference between this and a doc's debuff is that a doc debuffs their victims individually. One cast, one person effected. When a fixer puts on grid armor, everyone trying to kill the fixer is affected. Everyone is basically nerfed. This is not any different than the story about the 180's trying to kill a 120 trader.

Of course some of you non-traders will argue, "But that's not a debuff! That's way different! Waaah nerf traders!"

Remember kids-who-want-a-trader-nerf, what your asking in essence is that traders be brought down a few notches to your own "plateau" of skill. That is you want to bring down traders so that you feel you have a more fair chance of beating them.
    Nerfing doesn't have to be as one sided as taking one profession down, it can also be done by making one profession more uber, while not fixing the other professions simultaneously. In this way, you've not accomplished a fix, but rather you've accomplished a nerf for every class but the fixed class.

It's purely relative.
    This is no different than, an MP running nano shut down on you. People whine about not being able to use their skills after being debuffed? Well then you trader haters must also be MP haters!

In response to 2.)
    Look, if your going to use a story like a 120 trader killing 180's then you've gotta hear my story. My MA is in the mid 170's, and he's killed traders in the 150's.

Woopie.

What does this prove? It proves that theres a wide spectrum of people beating people in 1vs1 duels. One duel does not give concrete statistical evidence that the winner's profession in the 1vs1 duel is pretty uber.

Let's look at this logically:

120 trader kills 180 char.
    170 MA kills 150 trader.

What can we learn from these two duels?
    Only two things. that a 120 trader killed a 180 char. And that a 170 MA killed a 150 trader.

IT DOES NOT IMPLY ANYTHING MORE THAN THESE TWO FACTS.

Look. Now I've debunked the arguments used by people who want a trader nerf. How can you possibly still want a nerf after that? You have no more valid reasons except this deep festering hate, developed from a bruised ego after losing in a fight which you THOUGHT you should have won. Which by the way, I had known was the true reason you wanted this nerf all along.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast