Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

Yes, but I'm not talking about the boost-for-trader part of drains, I'm talking about the cut-in-victim part

I wouldn't mind a divest line that gave the trader +200 to all his skills and did -75 to mine, and a plunder line that gave the trader +300 and -150 to mine. (Just made those numbers up... but I hope it's illustrative of my argument). Buff your own skills to your heart's content... the real power, and the real problem, is the huge skill loss.

Debuffing a caster's nano skills by 50 points, let alone 200, is enough to cost them their best nanos.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Yeah, Nerfmeee (3 x e). Asked if he was Balrogg, but he denied it. Is in the same guild tho.
    nerfmeee is ballrogg, but i don't know why you all couldn't kill him.

me and ziip took him out in MMD couple days back pretty fast. and this was after 14.6 nerf made me punch like a girl. i think he lost something like 800k xp too. seriously, i don't understand what everyone's problems are with traders. they are not all that powerful, really.

before 14.6 nerf fest, i usually took a lvl 180 + trader out in under 10 seconds. after the nerf fest, i can't kill them, but they don't kill me in less than a minute usually. even when they can land plunder it still takes them a long time.

leave traders alone you dipshiits. drains are the only real thing they have, let em have em. how would you like to lose GA, rrf, tms, mongo, CH, rage etc. ?

i used to be like you all, pissed cause i couldn't figure out how to kill a trader. guess what, i practiced, and rezzed alot til i did, but i learned how to win. (not that i can beat anyone anymore though)

i recommend to you all to quit crying and start learning. if what you're doing doesn't work, then try something else...duh.

Originally posted by Nothinman
    some points id like to make..

4. in mass pvp, those drains are worse then rapid palsy.. come out cast it on 10 omni/clan zone.. you have almost single handedly crippled half the opposing force.

5.Drains need a change in pvp, I can use tactics to beat any proffesion in the game. even a doc i stand a very low chance of winning.. fixers enfs. they can all be beaten. traders cannot.

6. a trader kills every class, everyone one of them, no other class can say that they consistantly kill every class.
    point 4, and point 5 i think should go together. here's what i think. drains are NOT overpowered but they do need a small change. make them so they can only be on one person at a time. say traderxxx comes and divests/plunders me. now make it so he can't divest/plunder anyone else until those 2 wear off. that would stop alot of the bunker hopping while draining nonsense. it would also cut out the draining of mobs before a fight too

point 6. a trader can kill every class now. but before FC listened to all the noob nerf crying little babies, i could stomp them into the ground with relative ease. just ask thanais, mratrox, rznr, firedragon and the rest of em. (except cudus, he actually beat me somehow, i musta been drunk lol) now i'm in the same boat as everyone else, only i can't even kill an mp or an engi.

Just reading the title of threads like this makes me tired. People that yell for nerfs just need to loosen up their shorts a bit.

Go forth, have fun. Get your blood pressure down a bit.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

Originally posted by Noer
    besides that...

read
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=65250

Might find it interesting that 1on1 means nothing. Traders in multi-pvp are always the first to find the reclaim.

1 vs 1 PvP means everything!
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Problem with Traders is that they got no enemy profession that beats them more often than the loose. A sign of traders UBERNESS is when their worst enemy is their selves: A traders worst enemy is a trader... thats bad, and should say it all about how uber they are.
    President of Ali Baba and the 40 thieves

Garzu 193 Day 1 NT & Garzuperman My Fixer 4 fun since NTs are broken

GA3/4 DESPERATELY NEEDED!!

Originally posted by garzini
    only i can't even kill an mp or an engi.
    Poor you. :P

Originally posted by Garzu-perman
    Problem with Traders is that they got no enemy profession that beats them more often than the loose. A sign of traders UBERNESS is when their worst enemy is their selves: A traders worst enemy is a trader... thats bad, and should say it all about how uber they are.
    my ma USED to own traders easily. they were the one prof that i could almost always guarantee a win. thanks for the nerf children. and yes, i mean all of you that are whining for the drain nerf. it's because of all of you that pvp sucks. how many times do i have to scold you all and tell you to learn how to play your class right? you can't kill everyone, you never will. we had a nice game of rock paper scissors going til you all ****ed up the rock and got ma's nerfed. they were about the only class that could destroy a trader if they played it right.

take a lesson from that. if you get drains nerfed, traders will be a complete joke. then who will you all cry about?

I play a Trader and Enforcer mainly. I can do things my Enforcer at 155 can't dream of...

And being 134 as of last night...Traders are fun. I do however agree that the "drains" are far on the unbalanced side for the target that is being drained. I'm not a PvP trader though I could be. I don't see the point of it all really. Just seeing who's got the best gear and buffs really.

And for people that say that you are fubar'd when a trader drains you out...you can avoid this by having a spare quickiebar with your lower nanos. I know I have a spare bar for when I have moochies running and all that...

IMHO, every class offers thier own. Well...not engies. They suck or so I'm told. Ugh...anyways...even if you feel fubar'd in PvP it's no reason to beat up on another class/profession. You aren't worthless even if you can't beat everyone in the arena....
    Sex. We all want it, so don't deny it.

isi "Rharia" Lust

FC please hire Alibobba as a game designer
    Cudus :: eqp

PvP....It's not just a job, it's an adventure!

I love those old school peeps...you've read about this enforcer who takes out traders of his lvl right?

You should ask to get a sticky "nerf trader" thread

And thank you Alibobba for ur replys, finally someone who tried and found some tactic (I'm also very sorry to see how the crits got halfed for hte ma's and that it's now impossible to break roots/snares during combat since Ma's weren't overpowered imho)
    Last edited by Allexxeh; Nov 20th, 2002 at 02:43:16.
    Rawkster - 200 Agent
    Thorian - 200 Trader

soz wanted to edit my message not quote it
    Rawkster - 200 Agent
    Thorian - 200 Trader

our ennemy professions were :
    1 - enforcers
    2 - MAs

now, with MA's nerf, only enforcers give me nightmares that's true

in notum war, trader's worst nightmare will be engies (yes engies)
    future pvp
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

You want a simple answer to this question of how a 120 trader killed some other 180's. It's quite obvious and makes me wonder how no one else has said this before. I will put in a simple mathmatical formula for you.

level 120 trader + mochams +essence + HE + doc hp buff = level 180ish trader.

Now if you want me to break this down for you specifically, here goes.

Average stats of a level 120 trader self buffed:
    4kish hp
    3kish nano
    550ish nano skills

Average stats of a level 180ish trader self buffed:
    6kish hp
    4kish nano
    700ish nano skills

Stats of a level 120 trader uber outside buffed(ones listed above):
    6kish hp
    4kish nano(he should make up for 1k nano at least)
    700ish nano skills

Now these simple comparisons didnt even account for things such as hots, rrfe, the trader pre draining up to advance drains and such. Also note that *every* trader is using the highest ql gun by level 100ish.

You wanted your answer of how it's possible, there it is simply laid out.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Red face

Originally posted by Jynne
    Yes or no. Are drains, in themselves, overpowered?
    Is the ability to completely heal yourself and completely heal the entire team, in themselves, overpowered?

Yes or No?

Originally posted by MrBunny

Is the ability to completely heal yourself and completely heal the entire team, in themselves, overpowered?

Yes or No?
    In themselves? Not in the slightest.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

You got like the 3rd best healing ability in the game (Only docs and Adventurers are better), and yet you assume that you are going to suck in PvP if you no longer have the ability to set a TL6 character back to the skill level they had at TL3?

I'm sure many of you traders do work on your tactics, and try to put some intelligence into your fighting, but I have seen certain level 200 traders do well in PvP even without knowing what they were doing. It's a class that is built in such a way that I could train a monkey for 5 minutes and have it PvP effectively enough to win most of the time.

Like back when roots could be broken, who in their right mind would be using the highest QL root for PvP? In one 1 vs. 1 engagement outside the bunkers I once had Entrepeneurial Thrall cast on me about 10 times. Yes, the trader had a GPH, and probably a HE/Jobes running, but still, that is a root that costs 667 nano per use, with the same effectiveness as one that costs 27 nano per use. Does this make it look like the person knows what he is doing? I zoned and logged, but he still got lots of kills with this completely gimped "tactic".

Fact of the matter is, against most professions there is absolutely no way that trader can loose if he can land a drain.

Nerfmeee has pretty much proven how over powered this stuff is in his recent campaign. Yet people still try to come here and justify drains.

Lots of suggestions has been presented for ways to change the drains to make them less crippling to the target, while still leaving traders with a good ability to defend themselves in combat. But all theese are found unacceptable by traders. They can not accept only having the same attack rating and evades as a soldier/enf/agent, while at the same time having the 3rd best heals in the game. They also need to make sure their target is -400 on all weapon and nano skills. Oh, and roots on top of that.

But it's all balanced. They die first in mass PvP..

Red face

Debuffing a caster's nano skills by 50 points, let alone 200, is enough to cost them their best nanos.
    Well of course its going to cost them their best nanos. That's just the nature of a debuff. To weaken your opponent while making the trader stronger.

On the same note, critting(debuffing) your opponent by -1000 hp several times in a row is enough to cost them their char's life.

Oh no we should nerf crits! Oh wait.. Funcom already did.

Thanks alot guys.

Yes or no. Are drains, in themselves, overpowered?
    In themselves? Not in the slightest.

Originally posted by Kromoz

in notum war, trader's worst nightmare will be engies (yes engies)
    future pvp
    Where is the original copy of that post to be found?

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast