Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

If you can't beat them nerf them. Gotta love that.

With the current balance you can start nerfing all other professions aswell.

Try fight a selfbuffed 112 trader then selfbuffed. You will most likely kill him in 2-3 hits. His heals suck before he has drained 2-3 times, he most likely can't cast evadebuff, he can't cast any decent ac-debuff before a great deal of drains.

Or if you are in Notum Wars beta, try start a lvl 100 trader and see how much they "rock". Gotta say - they aint anything special whatsoever. Traders shine at lvl 170+
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

ROFLMAO

You got to be kidding me.

Let me see if i undestand this correctly.
    You guys lost to a lvl112 trader?

FFS, that is not possible.

I dont care what buffs he has on, there is no way you could loose to a lvl112 GREY trader.

Damn, i kill traders my lvl....

Tell me something coldstrike, you are lvl200 soldier.

How in gods holy name did you loose to a god damn GREY trader.

Even if he does cast divest, plunder is another story. Much harder for him to cast.

P.S
    If a trader cant drain, WTF is he supposed to do in combat...tell me that.
    Anikitos Enforcer (Retired)
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

besides that...

read
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=65250

Might find it interesting that 1on1 means nothing. Traders in multi-pvp are always the first to find the reclaim.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Maxed NR, implanted NR, NCU thingie with NR, rings with NR, full def, still get drained with both drains. Rarely see any resist messages either. I'm usually drained after 1 second, double drained within 15 seconds.

And he killed enforcers too. Fatcrusher if I recall correctly.

Originally posted by Noer
    besides that...

read
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=65250

Might find it interesting that 1on1 means nothing. Traders in multi-pvp are always the first to find the reclaim.
    Traders being singled out as the first target in mass PvP can't be related to the over powered drains now can it?

Originally posted by Coldstrike

I'll forfeit any soldier fix right now if they can nerf drains instead.
    speak for yourself heh

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Maxed NR, implanted NR, NCU thingie with NR, rings with NR, full def, still get drained with both drains. Rarely see any resist messages either. I'm usually drained after 1 second, double drained within 15 seconds.

And he killed enforcers too. Fatcrusher if I recall correctly.
    Resist messages are broken. I've done a lot of testing with them, and for me at 174, I get resisted a *lot* and the target normally doesn't see them. In some testing earlier today with an enforcer in my organization, he resisted 16 out of 16 divests (100% NR) with rage running. He saw absolutely no messages.

If you let me drain some mob before we fight, then I'm going in with 1100ish nano skills -- in which case, you really won't resist much.

Now, I've heard there is some exploit with bypassing nano resist. If this is the case, the exploit needs to be fixed, not the drains.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

If the guy's drains wasn't resisted by Fat drains something isn't right. No way he would land drains on him if he had raged.

Yes, it can very much be used as an example for it not to be overpowered. Is Complete Heal overpowered because you can complete heal a person? No, because you just take out the person doing it as the first and he wont be doing it anymore. Casters have all the annoying stuff, and therefore has to be killed first. And they go down easy - can't really see its overpowered at all in team pvp. But of course it is more convinient for you that traders can't do **** in team pvp and die easily. hehe

Oh I suggest simple tactics in team pvp. Nerf me.
    Last edited by Noer; Nov 19th, 2002 at 11:32:30.

ROFLMAO 2

Wait a minute...

He killed Fatcrusher as in ... a duel?

Was Fat drunk? Was he on full def and rage on?

If the trader had divested and plundered the guard and had mochams running then it begins to make sense.

He could, yes, divest. But plunder? Besides even with divest Fat could allways cast another version of rage and mongo as I do if i get divested.

With Challenger up he would still have ALOT of attack rating.

Was Fat buffed? I mean this is crazy stuff totaly BEYOND my CPU proccessing power to undestand. ERROR ERROR ERROR. :P

I want to duel this trader. If he beats me then i will join your crusade. Both selfbuffed and uber buffed.

If i die to him selfbuffed i might delete might chr.
    If i die to him uberbuffed i AM deleting my chr. :P

I dont know what to say i am shocked.
    And yes if this god damn GREY TRADER beats me, i will be pissed off to the point of vulcanic erruption.

A lvl112 GREY X Proffesion should not even be able to come through my layers if you ask me.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Hey, I know it sounds insane. When he came up to me and asked me to duel him I was like "wtf? are you crazy?". Aparently everyone else was thinking the same. He gave me a long list of people he had killed, including representatives most professions. I'm sure all of them also was thinking "wtf?". There was also a lot of talk about this on Warchat, lots of people who fell for this.

Now I'm perfectly ok with having a 170+ trader killing me, I can accept that. But when it gets to the point where a 120 can kill pretty much everyone 1 vs. 1, no matter what he has to do to be able to do it, then something is very wrong. I hope you don't disagree with me on that one Noer.

As for resisting drains, people tell me they get countered a lot, at least on the 190% one, but I have yet to experience not being double drained after the first 15-20 seconds, and I am always full def when I start fighting a trader.

I want someone to come with me and let me try to resist drains being cast using normal means. If I can resist the 190% drain most of the time like you traders claim, then I'm ok with that. I will then assume that there *is* a working exploit for this, and that those who land drains consistently on the first attempt are using this. But as I have stated several times, I have yet to resist at the rate you are claiming I should be.

Coldstrike,

I'll be happy to test with you sometime. Haven't had much game time lately, but send me a tell if you see me on.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

If you play 10 copies of that wav file at the same time, you get the audio version of this board

fighting an over-buffed trader in mmd, who asjust drained a guard as hell is not very clever, sorry to say that

I would never do it, unless I can drain a mob before

it's like duelling an enforcer in arena ---> useless and insta-reclaim
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Always find it amusing that enforcers are brought up as examples of resisting drains.

Now I don't support any nerfing of the trader. But it'd be nice to see a trader who was honest about their draining ability. I've tested it out myself and the picture painted by most traders is the most extreme end of the resist scale. (And really. How many people need more then the first divest anyways to be oe. :P)

As for this low level trader....shrug. I don't really care what he can do 1 on 1. He'll still die like anyone else who doesn't have NS/TMS when 4+ people unload on him.

Nice wav btw. :P

Coldstrike

I want his name..if you dont want to post it here...

Send Anikitos a tell with the GREY traders name...

PLZ.
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

I think yes Traders are over powered. There is ways to beat them. Dont fight them when they have just drained a guard duh! A level 112 trader w/ maximum uber buffs with QL 199 gun w/ a scope w/ just draining guards is impossible to beat if you dont get a good alpha in....
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Re: ROFLMAO

Originally posted by Anikitos
    You got to be kidding me.

Let me see if i undestand this correctly.
    You guys lost to a lvl112 trader?

FFS, that is not possible.

I dont care what buffs he has on, there is no way you could loose to a lvl112 GREY trader.

Damn, i kill traders my lvl....

Tell me something coldstrike, you are lvl200 soldier.

How in gods holy name did you loose to a god damn GREY trader.

Even if he does cast divest, plunder is another story. Much harder for him to cast.

P.S
    If a trader cant drain, WTF is he supposed to do in combat...tell me that.
    Actually I fought this same trader and would have lost hadn't it been for my runspeed. I know I probably would have beaten him with Assume: Enforcer, but that is not the issue. Even at full def with maxed NR a "normal" profession have no chance resisting those drains. Just because you as a enforcer can beat a grey trader easily doesn't mean that every other profession are able to. I think it's a bit to much when a level 118 player can drain all skills on a tl6 player down by 420. This person even gave me tells about not to zone/run around, yeah right :P
    Felix Dimmufodr Age : lvl220 Agent

Dimmufodr

I dont beat grey traders.
    I beat traders MY lvl....ask thanais...thats just one example.

Can i be divested? Yes. But if the trader fails 2 divests he is mine.
    Even with divest in i can still take him.

If he lands plunder, i am history most of the times.
    If he does NOT panick when i start doing dmg to him he has a great chance to win.

I dont duel GREYS, period.

Ofcource a trader is MUCH harder if he has divested earlier.
    Here is on thing that will make you curious.

This is to the NT and Traders.

If an NT has mochams MC it makes no difference to my resist ability. I have tested this many times with good NT.

I did the same test with Spaxz. Well, if he has mochams on his chances of draining has increased.

This test was conducted before the patch. Dont know how it works now.

Also this is what i noticed.
    I have a very close NT friend of mine, Doppiafaccia lvl194 i think.

After the patch he was able to nuke me for a little more then usuall. Selfbuffed if i remember correctly.

It still made little difference, but he was nuking me for little more.

Stealth NR nerf maybe?
    Founder of Avatars
    Current Armor

Omicrondelta MP (Active)

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast