Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

pierce, simpy put, you are just plain wrong. why don't you put all that energy and trader-hate to some good and get something good done for your class instead ?

people like you are the reason i can't pvp anymore, thanks alot. quit crying and start thinking what you can do to beat them. thanks to a couple people whining about ma's look at us now.

do i think traders are overpowered ? hell no. i could easily beat them before i got nerfed. before nerf, i couldn't beat a fixer, did you hear me whining for them to get nerfed ? i couldn't beat a doc, do you hear me whining for a doc nerf ? enforcers could beat me 80% of the time. should i have whined for an enforcer nerf ? soldiers were hard to kill if i didn't play just right. maybe i should've cried for soldier nerf too.

i didn't cry for any nerfs. i learned their weakness's. if i couldn't find a weakness, i just didn't fight them. it's that simple. if you don't stand a chance, don't fight.

Originally posted by Halfdeck
    Divest and Doc init debuff should not be 100%---150-160 NR would be fair. Divest at 190% ? Whine louder baby
    That would make missions an absolute chore for you. I already feel for my guild president when I do missions with him and it takes him 15+ tries to land Plunder on a mob.

As for making init debuffs 150%+ resist, not entirely sure I agree that they should be as hard to resist as drains. Drains both cripple your opponent and give you a tremendous skill boost. Ours just slow our opponent (albeit by a lot).

What sucks is, some professions are crippled far more by init debuffs than divest/plunder. Other professions are far more crippled by divest/plunder than an init debuff. It's really hard to find balance.

For the record, Traders own me, period. I have no problem with that. I'm not supposed to be able to beat every class 50% of the time. I spank some classes, some spank me. It's the way the game works. Whining gets us nowhere

Originally posted by garzini
    pierce, simpy put, you are just plain wrong. why don't you put all that energy and trader-hate to some good and get something good done for your class instead ?

people like you are the reason i can't pvp anymore, thanks alot. quit crying and start thinking what you can do to beat them. thanks to a couple people whining about ma's look at us now.

do i think traders are overpowered ? hell no. i could easily beat them before i got nerfed. before nerf, i couldn't beat a fixer, did you hear me whining for them to get nerfed ? i couldn't beat a doc, do you hear me whining for a doc nerf ? enforcers could beat me 80% of the time. should i have whined for an enforcer nerf ? soldiers were hard to kill if i didn't play just right. maybe i should've cried for soldier nerf too.

i didn't cry for any nerfs. i learned their weakness's. if i couldn't find a weakness, i just didn't fight them. it's that simple. if you don't stand a chance, don't fight.
    Plz explain how I am wrong.

Originally posted by Piercingevil

Drains are overpowered, heals are overpowered.

Everyone knows it, the only ones who don't want it changed are docs and traders.
    and, from another thread ...

MA's were so damn overpowered Im so glad they got cut down to size.

you are wrong because you are a nerf monger. i haven't checked any other forums to see who else you want nerfed. so far it's doc's traders and ma's.

people like you are the reason i can't play anymore. have fun in pvp now that your class took a step or 2 up the ladder. of course, who are ya gonna kill when you get others nerfed, piss them off and they quit ?

First of all, I never said to nerf MA's.. Never, ever. I just said I'm glad they were cut down to size. Meaning they were cut to our level. But the recent crit nerf brought them below. I dont' want MA's nerfed, so don't try to put words in my mouth.

As for docs and traders, yes heals are overpowered (and my alt is a doc) and drains are overpowered. Funcom can either boost us or nerf them, I really could care less as long as everyone is on a equal playing field.

As for you stoppiong because of people like me, please. As a NT I have it far worse then you have, or have now. I have been nerfed many more times then you so don't give me crap, you quite cause of reasons besides me.

My doc crushed nurfmeee

"nanodocris own him, he died in about 5 sec"

hahaha !!!

"i know you will be pissed off nerfmee, but i also know you cant reply hahah"

just trying to piss him off a bit more :P

Re: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

Originally posted by Highjack
    A level 112 trader easily beating level 180+ players in MMD tonight.

Feel free to expound on why traders don't need nerfed.
    The 180+ player/s suck...

Let it go already
    SS - Grandmaster of Fall Damage

Property of the Devil

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for anyone drops to zero

Re: Re: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

Originally posted by SS

Let it go already
    word
    weeeeee

Re: Re: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

Originally posted by SS

Let it go already
    Not very bright are you?

Originally posted by Piercingevil

I really could care less as long as everyone is on a equal playing field.
    Hehe... equal playfield... nerf heals, hp-buffs, layers, nullity, hum, crunc....
    And please take out that 100% sure kill Fixers nuke nt's have... also nerf their root, blind and calm... after all we all must be on equal playfield...

The only way to balance pvp is to make everyone the same prof, the same breed, same imps, same gun......

Woo.... fun.... I can barely contain myself.

THIS is the way you Nerf crying babies are pushing the game. Learn your prof!!! I have a 130 trader and 181 agent. The agent is one of the most challenging pvpers to play and I get VERY pissed off dying all the time, but i try to learn something each time and change tactics to suit. and yes, my agent has killed traders... Not very often but it happens.

Out of any prof ( correct me if im wrong ) the agent has been beat to death with the nerf stick and caused many many people to quit. If you want a server full of whingers and nerf criers and people that actually bother to practice nerfed to the quitting line, Keep ganking at those skills that beat you down. Youll get there in the end.

Originally posted by nerfcryer
    i want to go and kill myself.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

I'll forfeit any soldier fix right now if they can nerf drains instead.
    leave our fking drains alone! thats like what keeps us alive in pvm now that healing is ****ed!

ohh and yea were happy to land one drain in mass pvp before everyone notice you are a trader and target you!

/me enters campalot..me target omni, me drains, WHAM! me is targeted by 5 omnis, me dead

"" PVP is NOT a freaking one on one in a lame Arse Arena, !! pvp is using the landscape for line of sight, using the possible escapes, using whatever is available to win againts your Enemy!
    sure go "PvP" in an arena with all the rest "selfbuffed" (LOL ) peeps yall! But dont come making educated GUESSES on how things work in the "reall" world! until you actually try it yourself!

besides regarding that Trader, Good job!!
    fyi folks, that trader would have like 2k extra AC, almost 350+ extra points on skills, i bet he was twinked into ql 200 imps, prolly got a 11% or higher scope on, using an ith maybe? and can use the highestpossible heals due to his nanoskills are at +350+!!
    now...he sure as hell should be able to win with that setup! and you darn know it!

example, with drains a Trader can easily have like 1k AR...how many of you have evades that high?

But!!!..lets get practical!
    Sure a trader is good, yes he becomes much higher lvl than you since he ups his skills by lowering yours...BUT!!
    an MP pet is alot higher than you, and he got it allready there!
    an trader has to Start draining from scratch, and belive me it takes a while to get to highest drains, Recharge aint fast!
    at lvl 151 as i am now, i fire 2 drains before i can access the highest ones..unless i get both those in, i cannot use advanced ones...so.. they are instacast both of them, but recharge is like 10 sec, so before i can even use the advanced, in best conditions is after some 22-25 secs into combat, provided i dont have to use a heal, root, calm whatever inbetween!!
    o and that is at 100% agroo!!
    lets see,, how much damage can ya do to me in 25 sec??
    selfbuffed hp approx 4.5k or so...
    um ok thats like one burst, one FA, fling, 2 hits and im toast..
    since i cant use heals for im Draining!

/me gets so tired of the NERF TRADERS cries, hello! you allready killed us in pvm by making dhp worthless( unless you use the exploit which i dont! )
    Last edited by Spluggorth; Nov 25th, 2002 at 12:13:25.
    220/26 and an army of alts
    so much to do, so little time to do it

Actually Halfdeck had a fairly reasonable idea there on how to quickly and easily balance the divest/plunder issue.

Treat them like a root/snare. You get hit a few times and it comes off you. Since they already traded the skills from you keep it on them (no loss there) you gain back your skills (back to normal there)

Do they know your suddenly back to normal or not? Well if your an NT surely they'd figure it out after the nukes went from 400 dmg to 1200 in a hurry. Same with GA fixers, they'd go from hit hit hit to miss miss miss.

Dunno just an idea to quickly balance it.. The code already exists in game wouldn't be hard to treat it the same.
    The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live! - Unknown

"I've always wanted to be somebody, but I see now I should have been more specific." - L. Tomlin

Vyker - 182 Fixer
    ** Card Carrying Union Member (team)

Originally posted by cold
    You're going to have to provide us with a little more info here

Was he self-buffed or running a ton of QL200 outside buffs ? Newbie or experienced ?

does it matter?
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

hi

nerf drains

make drains 40% of what they are now on a player

bye

Originally posted by Turin

does it matter?
    Yeah

I don't see why people are still complaining about nerfing traders. Killing a trader is possible, it just takes a bit of thought and it just takes some common sense. Most of you arguing to nerf traders have probably tried to kill a trader in a straight fight, where you don't run away and expect to whack them to death. You probably even thought you should be able to win self buffed. Well you know what? No one ever fights self buffed. And the only people who pvp are the ones who have experience or are learning. So the minute you think it should be an easy duel, you've already underestimated the duel and you've lost.

The other half of you are probably arguing about how draining is waaay too powerful.

Draining is the trader's speciality. Such as Complete healing is the Doc's speciality, and the essences/challenger/mongos are the enforcer's speciality. Just as Grid armor is the fixer's speciality, and TMS the thing which makes a soldier, a soldier. As for MA's their crit buff, yah thanks alot you whiners for nerfing their crits.

What happens when you nerf a trader? You've just reduced them to an engineer that doesnt have a bot, and has trade skill buffs. Roots and calms? Just get an NT or a crat, at least with them you can get HE and an exp bonus.

People who are whining about traders, should first play a trader and see how uber they really are before you start wanting this drain nerf. I find it very odd people are saying that a trader's drains are way too powerful. A common argument I see is:

"Trader's drains set back a profession about 100 levels. Which is why drains are too powerful!"

Ok.. but a doc's init debuff sets back a professions' level way more than 100 levels. If you consider the max amount in which a trader can debuff, versus the max amount which a doc debuffs init, then surely the doc is much more dangerous than a trader. I mean, damn, init debuff -1000 ?

What about a fixer's root? You've reduced their speed to nothing.

Under the same reasoning people use as a reason to nerf traders, should also be used for other professions. Nerf Complete Healing, Nerf Roots, Nerf TMS, Nerf Grid Armor. Nerf NanoShutdown, Nerf mezz's.

I mean cmon' have you ever seen a crat fight an engineer? All the crat has to do is mezz the slayer, and no more bot.

If anything, the trader's debuff should debuff even more than it currently does, and furthermore should last alot longer than 3 minutes.

In comparison to other classes, the trader is really not that dangerous.

Originally posted by Fryli

Hehe... equal playfield... nerf heals, hp-buffs, layers, nullity, hum, crunc....
    And please take out that 100% sure kill Fixers nuke nt's have... also nerf their root, blind and calm... after all we all must be on equal playfield...
    Drains is much more powerful then any of the things you listed here, with the exception of heals.

I have said since the beginining that the fixer nuke is an absolute joke.

Nt's are just way to powerful. I mean, they can insta kill a fixer the profession with the best evades and evade armor, like nothing. Furthermore its just not fixers they can annihilate with the press of a shorcut key, they can debuff chem ac and start nuking you for chem damage.

They dont even have to sit and recharge, just run out of target and wait for HE to refill their nano pool while keeping agro on their target to prevent them from using any kits. And a HOt running on an NT? No need to even heal them!

I've been at tarrasque, and I've seen how uber NT's are. It use to be the case where a group of NT's could wipe out a larger group of soldiers enforcers MA's and Traders like they were nothing. Title Farming? that's nothing compared to how fast some of these NT's jumped in title in a matter of minutes.

Traders? They are the first to die in mass PvP so no one ever worries about them. But Nt's those are the ones that need to be nerfed along side soldiers and enforcers.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast