Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

nerfing = something complete idiots want when they can't figure out that maybe their class should be given love instead
    Maybe some classes are still awaiting their long promised love? And maybe some nerfs actually help balance?

Traders used to have 3 things going for them. Crits, heals and drains. 2 were removed, now people like cold want the last 1 removed aswell.
    With no crit NF's, how is a trader reliant on crit more then, say, a doctor? And their past ability to heal BETTER then doctors was obviously a design flaw.

You died to a grey trader...well....gj...any of u thought of ganging up on him? Get some1 to pull his attention while an mp shuts him down? I don't think a lvl 118's nanoresist is high enough to stop bad spells. How about a docdebuff, while an ma or enf stun him? Traders can't heal all that well, especially at that level.
    I was there, and I killed him due to crown and stuns. The fact isn't that he couldn't be brought down, the fact is he was 80 levels lower then a soldier and enforcer and he made quick work of them without being close to death. That is overpowered, any way you slice it. Show me another class at that level that can do that.

Seriously...if u couldn't figure out a way to kill a level 118 trader...

To the trader: gj! Thanks for proving that a player that knows what he is doing can beat one that doesn't, level not important.
    I bet you all the money I have that a one on one duel this trader would smack you around easy. Funny to act like you would have figured out the way to beat him when you weren't even there.

Oh, btw...I put my own trader on the shelf after the doublenerf a while back...(I like docs, but I still think they are responsible for the heal-nerf part). Once I put another char on a ql 200 mission pulling position, I might level him again. Hopefully trader charms or heals will be working then.
    Traders shouldn't have charms, they should swap minds. The only problem with the trader charms is that the trader is still standing there after the charmed mob dies. You want charms, roll a crat.

As for heals, once again, a trader healing a team or a person should be sacrificing himself, trading his HP for theirs. The very weak DOT which didn't do anything coupled with the fact that chaincasting it (and its low cost of nano) meant trader was healing better then anyone. Too powerful.

Why shouldnt an = lvl agent kill a trader in a self buffed fight? Anyone?
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

i will never do the same mistake :
    fighting selfbuffed an agent in an arena, as my only chance is to evade one or 2 hits from the concentration.
    with the crit nerf i don t expect t odo enought dmgs to kill him before i die

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Hey, I know it sounds insane. When he came up to me and asked me to duel him I was like "wtf? are you crazy?". Aparently everyone else was thinking the same. He gave me a long list of people he had killed, including representatives most professions. I'm sure all of them also was thinking "wtf?". There was also a lot of talk about this on Warchat, lots of people who fell for this.

Now I'm perfectly ok with having a 170+ trader killing me, I can accept that. But when it gets to the point where a 120 can kill pretty much everyone 1 vs. 1, no matter what he has to do to be able to do it, then something is very wrong. I hope you don't disagree with me on that one Noer.

As for resisting drains, people tell me they get countered a lot, at least on the 190% one, but I have yet to experience not being double drained after the first 15-20 seconds, and I am always full def when I start fighting a trader.

I want someone to come with me and let me try to resist drains being cast using normal means. If I can resist the 190% drain most of the time like you traders claim, then I'm ok with that. I will then assume that there *is* a working exploit for this, and that those who land drains consistently on the first attempt are using this. But as I have stated several times, I have yet to resist at the rate you are claiming I should be.
    Plunders

Cast on myself at 954 NR: 22 resists out of 32
    Cast against Steff @1k NR: didn't count but drained my nano pool to stick a plunder on her. With init debuff it would be impossible.

Cast against Rznr: 8 resists out of 10 with @800 NR
    Cast against 600-700 NR: close to 0 resists out of 10.

Cast against Gmuptor with 1600 NR: 20 resists out of 20

I'll run any tests u want cold to test your NR. The messed up thing about debuffs that irks me sometimes is that high NR doesnt make you invincible, since I may get lucky on my first cast and stick one on you. But basically with high NR if I get a plunder in I feel pretty lucky.

Man you guys love to base PvP balance on duels.

In mass pvp traders 1) got weak-ass alphas unless he keeps drains up constantly 2) first one to die in any battle 3) first one to get hit with NSD, divest/plunder/init debuff, you name it. We actually hate debuffs more than any other prof. What, you think I dont get divest/plundered? lol

Half

alter drains in pvp, or just give traders a nano crystal like this one

Traders Assault

req

MC 600
    TS 600

damage: 10 000 - 10 000 Energy AC

cast time 1 sec
    recharge 1 sec

resist chance 10%

just make it so we stand a chance.. or give them this nano.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Gold
    Traders used to have 3 things going for them. Crits, heals and drains. 2 were removed, now people like cold want the last 1 removed aswell.
    How is the crit nerf worse for traders than it is for others? Traders get higher attack rating than anyone else (except rifle agents in FP trader) with any weapon or fighting style they choose to go with. So please, with your insight, how has the traders suffered more than the rest from the crit nerf?

And as for the heals, traders ability to heal others was nerfed, their ability to heal themself is slightly reduced, but not removed as you are trying to indicate. They are still the 3rd best healers after docs and adventurers.

you guys want the last remaing trader friends quit?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Originally posted by Julia
    you guys want the last remaing trader friends quit?
    No, I just want drains nerfed.

No, I just want drains nerfed.
    And i want TMS to be nerfed sounds fair?

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

It already was nerfed.

hehe can u imagine the outcry and whining if TMS reflect 75% dmage back on people again?

oh to see a trader or doc make a nerf soldier thread and i could reply with the witty comment "and i want drains nerfed fair?"

or "waahhh"

: P
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

No you see, while a soldier TMS I can easily root and run, or even relayer and stim while its up. Once its over he has no RRFE and the fight isn't that hard (if i survive the alpha). Since when is TMS even close to the same overpowering as a -400ish skill removal?

Originally posted by Piercingevil

No you see, while a soldier TMS I can easily root and run, or even relayer and stim while its up. Once its over he has no RRFE and the fight isn't that hard (if i survive the alpha). Since when is TMS even close to the same overpowering as a -400ish skill removal?
    It was *close* back when it reflected 75% of the damage back on the attacker.

Agreed, but TMS now for all rooting classes just means get out of the way. Healing classes just heal up till it goes out. That is what 8 of the professions that can handle a TMS :P.. 0 of them can handle a double divest. Sure NR works, but mo matter what, given enough tries the will land.

i wish funcom gave soldier an ability not to get caped by 50% damge in pvp and uncaped specials.

So they coul tastes that whine and hate we docs and traders have to go trough.

i wish funcom gave soldier an ability not to get caped by 50% damge in pvp and uncaped specials.

Mmm, the 40% cap happened mainly because of soldiers. And they got hit with the damage cap very very hard. Yet I don't hear soldiers asking for it back. They took their nerf, and want fixes to balance it. problem is with docs and traders is they won't take their nerf. They will insist over and over that it isn't overpowering.

I don't know why you go bashing soldiers in particular here Pomy. It's not like soldiers are the only ones asking to have drains nerfed. The thread was started by a fixer..

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    0 of them can handle a double divest. Sure NR works, but mo matter what, given enough tries the will land.
    I can handle to have both divest advanced and plunder advanced to run on me and my HP and nano pool is enough to keep me alive till trader runs out of nano

Enforsers just kill trader before divest or plunder.

In mass combat i never been double divested... usualy trader dies before he starts second one

I don't know why you go bashing soldiers in particular here Pomy. It's not like soldiers are the only ones asking to have drains nerfed. The thread was started by a fixer..
    Well look to me that you in paticular want them nerfed. Your signature even says it

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast