Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

Originally posted by Julia

Nah that position was reserved for you doubt someone will ever beat you in whining.
    no alibobba holds that crown : P you just have this big ego and think that you are better then everyone who posts here, and smarter.

I would say narcisim is a way worse flaw then a little bit of "whining" but hey pomy if you get your kicks off of trying to sound big and tough and smart on an internet forum. more power to you.

i'm just sick of they way you act towards anyone.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

please FC give some love to soldiers and NT, so they will stop whining all the day about traders

enforcers, or MAs, who used to kill us easily, don't cry about us
    crats, MP can stun or debuff us too, basically that's the first who debuffs that win the fight

it's mainly NT (cuz yes nukes are their main weapon, debuffs screw them a lot), and soldiers (gimps ?) that complain a lot, and I understand that, drains are very painfull for you, I don't deny that

imo, you guys just need some love (MC anti-debuff for NT, soldiers I don't know), and may be you will stop whining

on well balanced professions (enfs, MAs, agents) who can kill us, drains are not overpowered

just keep in mind that a trader without good drains is a total gimp

docs are getting an anti-drains nanos (dunno if that will be self-only), I hope it will be your turn to get something good soon
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Have you been killed by a MA lately Kromoz ?

Kromoz, I know it may seem like it but I promise you I wouldn't want traders to lose their drains. Just somewhat lower their devestation a bit.

I have tons of friends that are traders, and they all agree that they are very, very powerful in PvP. The real arguements and fights start when traders come to the forums and say that they arne't over powered.

nottin we are so few that u won t hear us whinning
    trader are so good that we are one of the less played prof

to oddlogic : no, I was of course talking of MAs before the crit nerf
    I don't understand why FC did that, I know a lot of MAs left AO because of this nerf, I'd like FC to give MAs their crits back
    (and I don't want to see the same thing happening to traders ....)

Piercingevil : what if the profs that need it could have a better protection against our drains ? wouldn't that "lower their devestation a bit ?"

enforcers and MAs (pre-nerf) don't fear us cuz they can kill us before we deprive them
    what if soldiers had a better alpha, so they could kill us on 50% try before we totally ruin their skills ?
    MC shield for NT
    anti-debuff nano for docs (once again I don't know if it will be self-only)
    I think that's the way to go, instead of nerfing, this is A LOT more fun (prof X doesn't get nerfed, prof Y has new cool tools to play with)
    I know it's not the easiest and quickest way to balance pvp, but that's better that playing chess online
    I'm sure of one thing : if our drains are nerfed, then peoples here will cry for another profs to be nerfed (GA, CH, init-debuffs, enforcers with 1,5K+ NR and 1,5K+ AR, ....), this is a never-ending story

and yes that's a good question : traders are good in both pvm and pvp, why are we the second least played profession ?
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Originally posted by Piercingevil

Yes, traders are overpowered, but tell me how the hell you think a doctor can easily beat a trader? Also, tell me how you think a MP can always beat a fixer. Oh I suppose you are referring to NS. Any high level fixer with high NR can dodge a NS at LEAST 50% of the time. NT's as well, A NT without NS MKII can probably NOT beat a GAIV fixer.
    So what? isnt nullity sphere supposed to be the 'special nano' equivalent to the fixer's grid armor? And no they don't need NSII to beat fixers, even then. Imagine how tasty of a target we'd be for everyone if we were in cyborg death squad armor, which is precisely what people are trying to accomplish so they can own the battlefield as one profession. Thanks. Also, highjack forgot to mention the bureaucrat and agent in fp trader...I suppose considering agents can't do damn near a thing these days in 1v1 without fp trader though i guess that falls in the same category.

"hear them crying like 12 year olds like they did when there godlike healing capability's were changed and they all said "my class is nerfed i can't play anymore wahhhhhhh"

It surprises me that this comment comes from a soldier that complained about being gimp for a year since the damage nerf. Face the facts, any profession that got nerfed will have this sort of crowd.

"Second, Whaambulance, how many of those fixers were actually fixers, not just someone who found GA and thought that was all a fixer was about?"

This is completely irrelevant since the power in question is Grid Armor, as an item.

"I don't think you should base judgements on outside buffs"

Right, and this was coming from someone who was complaining about fixers using mochams?

"Even when I've fully drained (divest adv and plunder adv) fixers (most in ga4) I still miss with regular shots 90% of time with 1150ish ar, maybe because they have mochies or something, I dont know. And when I was referring to the fact that they evac when i get them down to 25% when I said that neither I nor almost anyone else could kill a fixer. "

With -415 nano skills you can easily get GA4 to 50%. The fact that they will be hitting you for 90 and 100 allows you to heal 10 of our shots in one drain and people were whining about trader drains being nerfed? Plus you have hp drains to heal, doing damage to us, lets not forget about specials, an ithaca works on us too and with 1150 AR lets face it your crits with fling and AS will be abundant and you will land crits every so often. I suppose you aren't the most experienced trader in the world if you don't realize that a 118 trader killed a level 181 and 185 fixer and are saying you can't beat them. No, im not calling for nerfs on drains, but i have very mixed feelings about it...I guess i have to agree with kromoz here that it is a neverending cycle of nerf-crying - how about if divest debuffed 100 and plunder debuffed 100? GA fixers would not die to traders any longer...Then people would ask even more for GA to be nerfed, then it gets nerfed, and then enforcer HP, doc's CH etc etc....

P.S. after the crit nerf, traders can't kill doctors anymore. Ql 62 heals are enough for them to keep full health. Yet another reason why this new 'soldier nano' will be utterly useless once its implemented......Atleast thats one profession along with the enforcer that can kill traders 1vs1...
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

Are we still arguing over duels?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Its so funny, I already have said that those with GA MKIV may be overpowered, but since its so rare they obvioulsy deserve it. Then Stromm, you want to post this big long thread in response to that fact.

I don't know if you just don't want to be nerferd or what but there is one thing that shouldn't happen. No class should negate anothers main source of offense, especially if they have that ability to dish out superior damage. Now GA IV, however, is a rare item. Not many fixers have it and therefor it is a SPECIAL NF, like NS MKII. Traders on the other hand, get their uberness by default.

The question to Whaam is far from invalid, GA MKI or MKII is not that great, not able to dodge every attack from someone with 1100 AR like MKIV.

As for the can't kill docs any more post, you know why? Thats right. Heals are overpowered too. Now like Kromoz, this doesn't mean to nerf those professions, it should just make Funcom realize other professions need a boost.

It's insulting how between drains and roots we can disassemble an opponent before leisurely shooting them to death. So yeah you feel violated when a trader beats you.

The truth is traders can be beat. Maybe not by you though.

Rekkis destroyed me in 2h0. I was rooted while outside of range, stunned, crowned, rooted, then nuked to death. It was ugly i didnt even get a chance to move or get a shot off.

Good 1hb enforcers can kill traders (rrf probably doubles my chances), earthmonster kills me more often than I him.

Caol beat me to death with a beam, first time that's happened in a while.

I'd like to try out the punishment rod and the enhanced queen blade, let me know whenever. My brother's enforcer w/ 2 blood bats killed a 200 trader before he even got a shot off.

Ma's um, used to kill me.

Most significantly though, I watched synoptic destroy mrink in a bunker door of 2h0 (noobs, mrink was novice at the time and imo one of the most dangerous omni traders ever) this is when agents were TRASH too. He outranged him and kept him rooted, after which ink responded with something like "im quiting." (Normally if syn was in a fight i'd jump right in and tag team anyone but this was just too sweet to interfere with)

Being a trader gives you by far the greatest opportunity to twink your character. Knowing what you're doing, with crazy outside buffs, and drains beforehand no one has a chance. But before you make traders irrelevent pls consider that this scenario is not always the case. Please do not destroy the one thing traders have because you cant handle it. Done right, the best traders are overpowered and can kill 98% of anyone. Done right though, there's quite a few different setups and circumstances that can kill us.

TMS should either up NR insanely or just resist 75% of mediocre nanos (140% set as standard perhaps: 140 is nsd 100 for divest/slow 190 for plunders).

Drains should not affect a weapon's OE calculation, the drop to attack rating is plenty significant without exacerbating the problem.

Finally, how about a pary based deflection shield that ups nano resist.

FC as chiropractor = broken back. I just dont trust them to make a light adjustment to traders. Fight for your own rights and capabilities, dont biznitch about me.
    Last edited by Abid; Nov 22nd, 2002 at 00:25:34.
    Oh my god its like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain

Yup. Making drains debuff AMS directly instead of debuffing the skills themself should have been put in the same patch as the OE rules.

Cool

I have to say my 111 Trader can self cast all the Trader nanos except Pawnbrokers (for which I need a single mastery). If I was to upgrade my less than excellent implants even that would probably be executable. I don't PvP that much but given what I can do to mobs, the effect on other players would be pretty devastating.

Perhaps its time to readdress the pitiful nano resist skill....

Arrow

AMS drains = actually do something to mobs. I'd love that.

FC won't do it. They already make mobs immune to drains, and drains already do absolutely nothing to any mob, period. The few that aren't immune just keep getting more insane resists. Naughty players, you're not supposed to land nukes/roots/calms/debuffs on our pretty mobs!

Players won't be happy till traders are gone or divest is 300% and plunder is 500% and you can petition any trader that manages to plunder you as being an exploiter and get them banned.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

NSD is 1 minute. Not 3.

It takes 9.3 seconds to cast and has 6 seconds of recharge.

NSD is also 160% nano resist.

It doesn't do anything to your offensive capability unless you rely strictly on nukes/dots.

How can you compare that with a divest?

Now an MP can dominate for 125. It has about the same atk/recharge times and nano resist checks as a trader's deprive. It does only 60% of what a divest does. It does this to only one nano skill. Divest does this to all nano skills and weapon skills. Dominate does not add to the MP's abilities.

Please, some trader explain to me how this is balanced.

I'm all for not nerfing trader drains. But please tell me how balancing it would be if every other prof was brought up to level with your drains.

I really have no bone with traders. I just can't understand how a trader can actually think they suck.

I'll tell you why I never finished xping my trader. She was damn uber, but it got very boring running drains every 2.5 minutes in pvm after you've done that on your 879872987298798732th mob. Call me lazy. But it doesn't mean I don't think my trader was by far the most powerful character I ever played.

damn is it me or even abid ( /prostrate ) can fear enf

are we all equal when smahed by a giant countering our nano ?

yes

Solution to problem with traders can be found if you follow this link
    http://www.stripcreator.com/view.php...pubot&ID=96421
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Lmao@Julia good one

Btw Abid is so true it makes me sad
    Infamine 200 soljah

not gonna read all the posts...so, I'll just respond to the first...

nerfing = something complete idiots want when they can't figure out that maybe their class should be given love instead

Traders used to have 3 things going for them. Crits, heals and drains. 2 were removed, now people like cold want the last 1 removed aswell.

You died to a grey trader...well....gj...any of u thought of ganging up on him? Get some1 to pull his attention while an mp shuts him down? I don't think a lvl 118's nanoresist is high enough to stop bad spells. How about a docdebuff, while an ma or enf stun him? Traders can't heal all that well, especially at that level.

Or...chainroot him until drains run out, then drain away the mochies...nuke him...

Seriously...if u couldn't figure out a way to kill a level 118 trader...

To the trader: gj! Thanks for proving that a player that knows what he is doing can beat one that doesn't, level not important.

Oh, btw...I put my own trader on the shelf after the doublenerf a while back...(I like docs, but I still think they are responsible for the heal-nerf part). Once I put another char on a ql 200 mission pulling position, I might level him again. Hopefully trader charms or heals will be working then.

Re: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

Originally posted by Highjack
    A level 112 trader easily beating level 180+ players in MMD tonight.

Feel free to expound on why traders don't need nerfed.
    lvl 112 trader killed an lvl 200 enf
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Originally posted by garzini

i can't even kill an mp or an engi.
    i can kill mps and i'm as nerfed as you, but still i cant take any other classes out well i can kill agents if im lucky but enfs NO traders HELL NO soldiers NO engs hmm.. yes if they dont have a bot :P

MAs are nerfed we need our boost, and now im so sure every non MAs will flame me but i dont care.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast