Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

Originally posted by Coldstrike
    Please, no "That one time I fought a trader (<-- Jumped an unprepared trader) I killed him" posts. I want to hear about people who regularly kills traders. Is there a profession that can do this? If not the paper-rock-scissor circle is broken.
    up until 14.6 i killed traders and made them cry like babies. i wasn't 100% a trader killer, but i killed them 98% of the time.

traders were very easy for me, and it didn't matter how many outside buffs they had running i could take them down before i even got to 1/2 hp's. 1/2 the time i didn't even need to dimach them.

now it's a much different story. you all got ma's nerfed just like you're trying to get traders nerfed. won't you ever friggin learn ?

pre 14.6 allibobba > trader ... allibobba = enforcer allibobba < doc allibobba < fixer

post 14.6 allibobba < trader, enforcer doc, fixer.

the only other profs i have pvp'd since patch is a 200 nt and a 200 crat. both were very close fights but i managed to win. they took a long time, very long time and i was under 100 hp's in both of them. (how many nt's and crats do you see running around in 25% zone?)

you wanted someone that could kill a trader every time ? i used to be your answer. everyone complained that traders were overpowered, i just didin't get why. i still don't think they are overpowered, i can still kill some of them. don't nerf them you idiots, give us back our damage capabilities.

Originally posted by Nothinman
    admit your pvp gods and that OVERALL traders are the dominant class in pvp...
    Small correction : traders are the dominant class in duels.

Been here before...

I dont want traders in general nerfed, but that a lvl 120 even has the ability to get a lvl 200 down to even 50% health is silly!

They should do the same as they are doing now with roots/snares. Put lvl into the roll computation and there would be no more problem with "low" traders hitting up high lvl players.

Last edited by Beartwo; Nov 21st, 2002 at 15:49:50.
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Re: Been here before...

Originally posted by Beartwo
    They should do the same as they are doing now with roots/snares. Put lvl into the roll computation and there would be no more problem with "low" traders hitting up high lvl players.
    omg... hehe.. you are brilliant.

Kudos
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Re: Re: Been here before...

Originally posted by Noer

omg... hehe.. you are brilliant.

Kudos
    Scary....Noer calling an Atrox brilliant! ROFL
    Legion
    Beartwo

and a whole litter of bearcubs ...

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -- Plato
    "You see me now, a soldier, of a 1000 psychic wars...." -- Blue Oyster Cult

Originally posted by garzini

how many nt's and crats do you see running around in 25% zone?

Maybe if we had a chance against more than just a random MA you might see more crats and NTs in pvp zones.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Wanted to throw in two things.

First, I will bring Abid into any discussion on Trader vs. Another. Another doesn't have to be a newbie, you see, you can throw in Highjack or any other appropriate person. I don't know too many traders that are good because of one reason. I'm afraid of the one thing that anyone is, and any trader can do that to me.

Second, Whaambulance, how many of those fixers were actually fixers, not just someone who found GA and thought that was all a fixer was about?

hi

nerf drains in pvp

thanks

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    Second, Whaambulance, how many of those fixers were actually fixers, not just someone who found GA and thought that was all a fixer was about?
    All orange/red (to me at 170) clan fixers, all with titles higher than rookie, all in respectable clan orgs. I assume they know how to pvp, but I don't ask before I start shooting :/ If the fixer is fully implanted NR with mk4 and on full def with MCS then yes they are nasty for NTs too, but frankly I've only seen hunter06 counter the crap out of me.

Maybe we traders should just stop wrangling anyone. Because all of these people obviously want nerfs to drains so bad. You do that I guarentee 90% of all trader players will quit. Good luck getting your wrangles them. This will just show them what they want, a world without traders.

Now are we talking about outside buffed traders being overpowered of self buffed? Because a self buffed trader is very weak. Only with hot and rrfe do we become able to kill almost anyone. I don't think you should base judgements on outside buffs.

And for piercing evil, i have lost to nt's before. The nt was level 180ish called larcus. Maxed nano resist, he said he had 950ish. He landed crown of frost on me, so my nano skills were low. Had to go to a lower divest to chain up to advance. By the time I was able to land the lower divest (took like 5 tries) the match was over. Also even fully drained nt's still nuke me for decent using old faithful i think its called. At least it seems to do decent damage.

As for professions that traders lose to alot, theres enforcers, adventurers (if you dont cheat by rooting dropping aggro then draining), agents with 100%, soldiers with big alphas, doctors who triple implant nano resist and end up having something like 1200 nr and then just nuke the hell outta you. Now if i went and got rrfe and hot that would probably take the soldiers and agents off that list but the others are still very dangerous. Oh ya, traders can't *kill* fixers either but who can really.

Now for mass pvp, I'm usually the first to die. I can only drain about 10 people and still drains dont lower specials so I still eat alphas from everyone and their brother.

The only nerf that should be in this game is on soldiers who whine and cry. You guys are hardly the most underpowered profession in this game and yet you guys whine like 20 times more than anyone else. I've never met a soldier who didn't whine.

Oh and yes Ma's used to own traders regularly, it's a shame what funcom did to them.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Originally posted by Trader Doug
    Maybe we traders should just stop wrangling anyone. Because all of these people obviously want nerfs to drains so bad. You do that I guarentee 90% of all trader players will quit. Good luck getting your wrangles them. This will just show them what they want, a world without traders.

thats fine. I hardly ever need a trader for a wrangle, if I do end up needing one... so what if I have to wait 30 minutes more.

And for piercing evil, i have lost to nt's before. The nt was level 180ish called larcus. Maxed nano resist, he said he had 950ish. He landed crown of frost on me, so my nano skills were low. Had to go to a lower divest to chain up to advance. By the time I was able to land the lower divest (took like 5 tries) the match was over. Also even fully drained nt's still nuke me for decent using old faithful i think its called. At least it seems to do decent damage.

so you talk about one time you die to an NT

would you like a cookie?

As for professions that traders lose to alot, theres enforcers, adventurers (if you dont cheat by rooting dropping aggro then draining), agents with 100%, soldiers with big alphas, doctors who triple implant nano resist and end up having something like 1200 nr and then just nuke the hell outta you. Now if i went and got rrfe and hot that would probably take the soldiers and agents off that list but the others are still very dangerous. Oh ya, traders can't *kill* fixers either but who can really.

If a soldier kills you with 1 alpha... your evades must not be maxed. I've FAILED to alpha a level 73 trader that was at 3/4 life do death when I was in my 160's. Yep us soldiers are sure darn good with our "big alphas"....

and when did doctors get nukes?

you can't kill a GA fixer? what... are you FORGETTING TO DRAIN???

Now for mass pvp, I'm usually the first to die. I can only drain about 10 people and still drains dont lower specials so I still eat alphas from everyone and their brother.

you are one of the first to die because everyone realizes you are the biggest threat.

The only nerf that should be in this game is on soldiers who whine and cry. You guys are hardly the most underpowered profession in this game and yet you guys whine like 20 times more than anyone else. I've never met a soldier who didn't whine.

i don't whine about my soldier. i like my soldier. however i know my limitations as well, one of those is the complete and total innability to ever beat a trader in a 1 on 1 fight

Oh and yes Ma's used to own traders regularly, it's a shame what funcom did to them.

agreed.. ma's did have a chance against traders pre-critnerf. if they took there claw/bow off and managed to break the roots that is....

thank you come again, troll.

Originally posted by calvara

so you talk about one time you die to an NT

would you like a cookie?
    I've only seen an NT that duels at tir arena like twice in a month. I'm on rk2. And im saying it can be done, if the NT has really high nano resist.

If a soldier kills you with 1 alpha... your evades must not be maxed. I've FAILED to alpha a level 73 trader that was at 3/4 life do death when I was in my 160's. Yep us soldiers are sure darn good with our "big alphas"....

and when did doctors get nukes?

you can't kill a GA fixer? what... are you FORGETTING TO DRAIN???
    My evades are over 1k. I'm just saying I've seen traders die to a soldier with a lucky alpha(1 on 1).

Doctors nuke is called first degree burns, it's like the main damage dealer I've seen on 90% of docs besides AS.

Even when I've fully drained (divest adv and plunder adv) fixers (most in ga4) I still miss with regular shots 90% of time with 1150ish ar, maybe because they have mochies or something, I dont know. And when I was referring to the fact that they evac when i get them down to 25% when I said that neither I nor almost anyone else could kill a fixer.

i don't whine about my soldier. i like my soldier. however i know my limitations as well, one of those is the complete and total innability to ever beat a trader in a 1 on 1 fight
    your whining about how you can't ever beat a trader right here.

thank you come again, troll. [/B]
    no problem, and this whole thread is trolling against traders anyways.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

Also even fully drained nt's still nuke me for decent using old faithful i think its called.
    Ahh yes, the ever so powerful nuke that does 300 damage every 4-5 secs...
    Last edited by Jekyll; Nov 21st, 2002 at 18:45:56.
    Jecc
    200 · Nano-Technician

Equipment

- Every level a player gets past 150, they will be punished with less and less people they can kill
    - Make pure PvP server. 25% suppression in major cities, 5% everywhere else. And no level restrictions.
    One of my ALL Time Favorite websites when I feel down (It's beyond hilarious!)
    ..::Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music::..
    (Disclaimer: My actions, views and comments on these boards in no way reflect my ingame personality)

Originally posted by Jekyll

Ahh yes, the ever so powerful nuke that does 300 damage every 4-5 secs...
    say.. ol'faithfull is a nuke my NT used at lvl 70 or so. Ya thats a real good nuke to use at 160+ !!!

[B]Maybe we traders should just stop wrangling anyone. Because all of these people obviously want nerfs to drains so bad. You do that I guarentee 90% of all trader players will quit. Good luck getting your wrangles them. This will just show them what they want, a world without traders.
    This part right here is crap, and another reason why traders shouldnt' be the TOP in PvP. You guys have the best trade skills in game, you shouldn't have the best combat AND debuffing. But you do.

Now are we talking about outside buffed traders being overpowered of self buffed? Because a self buffed trader is very weak. Only with hot and rrfe do we become able to kill almost anyone. I don't think you should base judgements on outside buffs.
    This is so silly, a trader is not dangerous because of outside buffs. My trouble isn't that I can't kick a traders HOT's ass, or HP's ass, or hit him through reflect. My trouble is I can't come NEAR doing it with -400 or so to all my skills.

I have beaten traders in duels before as well, self buffed. Its called crown, pray a plunder doesn't land, and stun them to death and hope i kill them quick. The problem is the rarity of it, and how easy it is to drain a 181 NT with triple implanted and maxxed NR, running at full defense. Nerf drains, either drastically raise their NR, or drastically lower their power, or drastically lower their duration.

As for professions that traders lose to alot, theres enforcers,
    Until you get both deprives off, then they are easy peasy for you. A raging enforcer, yeah, I can see how they are hard, but with what, 500-700 attack rating and you with your 1K+ evades.. not hard.

adventurers (if you dont cheat by rooting dropping aggro then draining)
    Yeah, must be scary to fight an adventurer who can't heal, and has **** attack rating.

agents with 100%
    You will surely take that ability with the drain, and if you don't, you just hold out till 6 seconds is up, drain away, then they don't dent you enough to stop your 1200+ AR onslaught.

soldiers with big alphas
    Thats how you beat a trader, right there, hit him before he has a chance to do ANYTHING. If the full alpha gets you to enough that the time spent sucking your skills away is enough to kill you, you win. Pfft, tradeskill bah, least combat oriented bah.

doctors who triple implant nano resist and end up having something like 1200 nr and then just nuke the hell outta you.
    First degree burns is a very weak, and low level NF (288-560 dmg). Now, you might not believe me but most docs that aren't 200 will probably not be able to cast their 110QL nuke on you when you double drain them. Even if they can, their gun is hitting for nothing, their heals are doing jack, and you are popping away with even more skill then you had at the start.

Now if i went and got rrfe and hot that would probably take the soldiers and agents off that list but the others are still very dangerous.
    A fully buffed, smart trader is the most difficult class to pvp for the most. Better then a fully buffed, smart anyone.

Oh ya, traders can't *kill* fixers either but who can really.
    How is that. Yeah, not many can kill fixers but NTs can most of the time, and a trader can as soon as he nullifies GA.

As she has already said, its cause you are the most dangerous. 10 clanners in 2h0, a trader comes and drains, whoever he drains is back to bunker because they stand no chance with -400 skills.

You are silly. The only thing soldiers had going for them (before they got their few new weapons/nanos) was a good alpha and TMS. Hell, I will fight any soldier who doesn't alpha me or use TMS, they will be easy as sin. They are meant to hurt you with alpha, thats what they were supposed to do all along. Traders were never meant to be the masters of pvp.

No, this post isn't trolling, it is raising a valid point.

From level 130 to level 200 I have been able to raise my weapon and nano skills by about 130-150 each. 2 drains can debuff them all by -411 each.

Does this put things in a perspective for you guys? People are debuffed for 3 times as much as they could raise their skills for 70+ levels.

People loose over half their implanted nano skills. They loose from 1/3 to 1/2 their buffed and triple implanted weapon skills. People are set back to level 100 or less. It's so over powered it's silly. This was clearly not the intention of the game designers when they released the game, and should have been adjusted a long time ago to more apropriate values.

One suggestion I saw that I kind of liked was to make one of the drain lines buff/debuff weapon skills only, and make the other line buff/debuff nano skills. It would still leave the trader the most powerful debuffer in the game. It would also get rid of that cheezy laddering of drains that never did anything but add to the imbalance of the profession.

I've only seen an NT that duels at tir arena like twice in a month. I'm on rk2. And im saying it can be done, if the NT has really high nano resist.
    NT's fight all the time here on RK1. I've fought a few of them... dispite being a bit brittle they are not the most easy kill for me.

My evades are over 1k. I'm just saying I've seen traders die to a soldier with a lucky alpha(1 on 1).

you have 1k+ evades... hehehe... wow... nice. mine are full implanted for 800ish at lvl 182. Thanks total focus debuff...

I've never killed a trader with an alpha. ever.

Doctors nuke is called first degree burns, it's like the main damage dealer I've seen on 90% of docs besides AS.

hmm lets take a look at that "nuke" shall we...

ToUse: Self BiologicalMetamorphosis >= 550
    Self MaterialCreation >= 498
    Self VisualProfession == Doctor
    Events/Effects
    OnUse: Hit Target Health -288 - -560 FireAC

288pt nuke.. soo.. thats 144pt in PVP. Wow... thats painfull...

Even when I've fully drained (divest adv and plunder adv) fixers (most in ga4) I still miss with regular shots 90% of time with 1150ish ar, maybe because they have mochies or something, I dont know. And when I was referring to the fact that they evac when i get them down to 25% when I said that neither I nor almost anyone else could kill a fixer.

you hit them with neg 415 to all nano/gun skills and they don't OE? Hmm.. have to say a big WOW to that. Really.

your whining about how you can't ever beat a trader right here.

Wrong again... I said I know my limitations. I never said it was a requirement for me to be able to beat another class. This is not the first game I have ever pvp'd in. Knowing your limitations is what keeps you alive in a fight...

no problem, and this whole thread is trolling against traders anyways.

you ever stop and think "hey.. maybe it's because traders actually are a bit too powerfull in pvp"?

Heh...

Originally posted by Piercingevil
    I have beaten traders in duels before as well, self buffed. Its called crown, pray a plunder doesn't land, and stun them to death and hope i kill them quick. The problem is the rarity of it, and how easy it is to drain a 181 NT with triple implanted and maxxed NR, running at full defense. Nerf drains, either drastically raise their NR, or drastically lower their power, or drastically lower their duration.
    To sum up that paragraph:

NERF DRAINS!

traders are the biggest whiners of us all though im sorry to say. FC knows that if they change the drains you'll hear them crying like 12 year olds like they did when there godlike healing capability's were changed and they all said "my class is nerfed i can't play anymore wahhhhhhh"

... gah.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Nothinman
    traders are the biggest whiners of us all
    Nah that position was reserved for you doubt someone will ever beat you in whining.
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast