Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

Lets play a game. Traders justify this one.

A level 112 trader easily beating level 180+ players in MMD tonight.

Feel free to expound on why traders don't need nerfed.

Killed me too. Think I would have won if I had outside buffed a HOT first tho. Stayed alive for like 4 minutes before I finally died, and he told me his nano pool was almost depleted. (Seemed that way to me as well, he started to heal less often in the end)

But still, a 120 consistently being able to kill 200s, that is a little much, even for a rock-paper-scissors system.

Killed or chased off pretty much every high level clanner in MMD today, including me, highjack, fatcrusher, stromm, skorost and probably more.

So say it out loud folks: Nerf drains!

You're going to have to provide us with a little more info here

Was he self-buffed or running a ton of QL200 outside buffs ? Newbie or experienced ?

Went in for a rematch, self buffed again, died..

Ok I saw the other post... he was way overpowered because of a high level NT buff, and traders would need the nerf ? Right.

Probably has PM/SI mochams, or are traders over powered enough to use the top 2 drains at level 120 without them? And probably also had EoB and a doc hp buff. RRFE. Leaving 100ish NCU for drains, that makes roughly 350 NCU. Not sure what else, probably a HE.

On the other side, the arena does get boring when nobody has the guts to attack me except for other traders who get to drain first

What I'd do as a trader is use the guard there at MMD to ladder up and keep the highest drains running at all times. That way I can hit my opponents right away with the highest drain I have. Nasty

Was just told that there is some exploit with drains where you can avoid having them resisted.. Dunno if this is being looked into by FC?

Who cares if he has every buff in the entire world on him. Nothing should allow level 112 to come close to competing with a 180+. But, I give you an "A" for effort in trying to justify it. I knew some trader would try.

Oh, by the by, didnt' chase me off

Originally posted by Highjack
    Who cares if he has every buff in the entire world on him. Nothing should allow level 112 to come close to competing with a 180+. But, I give you an "A" for effort in trying to justify it. I knew some trader would try.

Oh, by the by, didnt' chase me off
    Well, I know he got Stromm and one more fixer. Just assumed it was you, since you brought this up.

Originally posted by Highjack
    Who cares if he has every buff in the entire world on him.

Oh, that certainly matters imho. With level 200 buffs running and able to cast the highest QL nano's you would definately be able to compete with the higher levels. Difference is just a little hp and nano (high essence and lend nano would compensate most).

Nothing should allow level 112 to come close to competing with a 180+.
    Nerf GA (sorry couldn't resist)

-edited cos I cant spell rite on the first try

Yeah, there is "only" about 6 million IP difference between a 120 and 200.. The 200 "only" has 4 times as many IP as the 120..

err, mmd you say. mocham's, skill-draining guard, ac-draining guard. Have a HoT going. Oldest trick in the world. Can't believe you guys fell for it.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Originally posted by Noer
    err, mmd you say. mocham's, skill-draining guard, ac-draining guard. Have a HoT going. Oldest trick in the world. Can't believe you guys fell for it.
    Re read Highjacks last post. That pretty much works as a reply to this as well I guess.

Originally posted by Coldstrike

Re read Highjacks last post. That pretty much works as a reply to this as well I guess.
    If you want to cry "nerf" you can always find a reason. I think Highjack should be the last in the world to do that. And if you see yourself as a gimp a leet can knock you over. My point is, this trick is a year old. If you havn't bumped into a trader using this trick before Im amazed. When I saw traders doing it I usually asked them why they used that trick, because - yes its lame to use.

But people think it is sooooo bad with level requirements on nanos, though level requirements could fix this kind of stuff.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

While we are on that issue,

I'd like to see fixer HoTs have a level req on the recipient, not just the caster.

Traders are powerful, it's not like we didn't know it before.

Why should 1 little nano debuff both all weaponskills and all nanoskills?

Other profs debuff nano skills, traders should only debuff weapon skills.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Christ... can't believe you are starting on this again. Because your own professions suck - yes they do. Focus on getting them fixed. Engies are getting a big roundup, fixers got a roundup, enforcers got one. Lemme guess... you are getting one aswell. Just takes time.

The guy spend 10 mins draining and you fight him. Who is the stupid? heh
    Last edited by Noer; Nov 19th, 2002 at 10:53:06.

Originally posted by Noer
    Christ... can't believe you are starting on this again. Because your own professions suck - yes they do. Focus on getting them fixed. Engies are getting a big roundup, fixers got a roundup, enforcers got one. Lemme guess... you are getting one aswell. Just takes time.

The guy spend 10 mins draining and you fight him. Who is the stupid? heh
    I'll forfeit any soldier fix right now if they can nerf drains instead.

Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast