Thread: I want to grow a beard!

I want to grow a beard!

OK, the new player experience is cool, but what about some flexibility for veteran characters.
    I want to:
    • Grow a beard
    • Shave my beard
    • Grow my hair
    • Cut my hair
    • Put my hair in a ponytail or pigtails
    • Take the dang scrugy outa my hair
    • Add a scar to my face, back or arms
    • Die my hair a different color
    • Select new war paint (or whatever that stuff is)
    • Select decals for existig armor
    • Gain some weight
    • Loose some weight
    • Change my nickname
    • Change my first and/or last name (Tom Dupaski? give me a break)
    • Find a new apartment
    • Sublet my old apartment
    • Argue with my landlord
    • Kill my landlord (credit: E. Murphy, 1978)

Well, the last three were kinda crazy, but you get the point. There are many ways to implement these; name changes could be paperwork from machines, scars could be treated just like tatoos, superficial character attributes (hair, weight, etc.) could be nanos or special shops (beauty salons or exercise clubs).
    I wouldn't want you to spend tremendous amounts of effort on it and I know some would be quite difficult. But these could be really fun things. The ones that wouldn't be too hard to do you should seriously consider. They could greatly enhance the role playing experience of the game.

Ya know, this could make it more than just:

run-kill-level-run-kill-die-run-run-run-kill-level-quest-run-kill-level-lookforteam-lookforteam-lookforteam-lookforteam-run-kill-level-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-run-kill-level-quest-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-run-kill-run-kill-run-kill-run-kill-fly-kill-run-kill-run-kill-waitforteammember-run-kill-level

p.s. If any of these are already in the game I apoligize for wasting the forum space. My only excuse is that I am just a loner and I don't have all the inside information on some of the more subtle changes that have taken place since I went solo.
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa
    Solitus Neutral Engineer & Pet

I randomly grant you one wish....

You can change your first/last name! Go to any backyard and hit the "name changer" machine. It's now next to the startup equipment machine. seriously, i think they put it in last patch.

happy?

-D
    Last edited by Dropcid; Nov 18th, 2002 at 20:44:19.
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Weee this would be coolio maaaaan

nicknames should NOT be changable... if you can get a bad rep, no way you should be able to change your name to "clear yourself"....

if you picked some name like "imadumbfixa" then guess what... your a dumb fixer hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I still want to grow a bread and get fat....just like in RL!
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa

OMG!!

THis is a war MMORPG not SIMS ONLINE.....go play that when it comes out....lol

Originally posted by Yazule
    nicknames should NOT be changable... if you can get a bad rep, no way you should be able to change your name to "clear yourself"....

if you picked some name like "imadumbfixa" then guess what... your a dumb fixer hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    You can't, unless you're under lvl20.
    Yagyu for life

OK, i'll give up on changing nicknames...i agree, but the machine to change first and last name is inadequate...i don't want a random name, i want to select the names

after many attempts to find something acceptable, the machine changed be from Tom Dupaski to Dylan McPherson

lame

p.s. you folks really don't know a joke when ya see it, do ya?
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa

a joke?

Did you hide the joke somehwere in the run-kill-level-run-kill-die-run-run-run-kill-level-quest-run-kill-level-lookforteam-lookforteam-lookforteam-lookforteam-run-kill-level-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-lookformission-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-tellajoke-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-run-kill-level-quest-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforspawn-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-waitforteammember-run-kill-run-kill-run-kill-run-kill-fly-kill-run-kill-run-kill-waitforteammember-run-kill-level

I wanna grow beard too!!!! - No wait! I have a female avatar.... Nevermind.

Originally posted by RoboKa
    OK, i'll give up on changing nicknames...i agree, but the machine to change first and last name is inadequate...i don't want a random name, i want to select the names

after many attempts to find something acceptable, the machine changed be from Tom Dupaski to Dylan McPherson
    Try this... "/petition I would like my name changed to <firstname> <last name>"

OT Soldier: Sarv
    My little CH ho: Zitrix

<-------- I am sooo ugly! I really needs a beard to hide my ugly face!
    RoboKa & RoboKaKa

Originally posted by RoboKa
    <-------- I am sooo ugly! I really needs a beard to hide my ugly face!
    Wear a helmet :P

"Being neutral in AO (...) is not viewed as a 'side' in and of itself." - Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison

Chris Soulraiser Bounocore - Proud Director of Dragon Security Agency

+ 220 ENF, 220 SOL, 220 NT, 220 ENG, 220 CRAT, 220 MP