Thread: Soloing Teams Missions

Cool Soloing Teams Missions

I d like to be able to take a team mission alone ... without asking someone to team with me just to take them.
    The req to be in a team to take a team miss is useless so why not remove it

solo-ing team missions

I`m inclined to agree here.
    The whole elevator -> boss structure is more interesting than the solo missions structure on the other hand they are more difficult and have been designed with team play in mind (I hope so anyway) and stimulating teamplay can`t be a bad thing.
    That`s what the online experience is al about right?
    I should know cause I solo-ed way too long and nearly quit the game for that reason.
    Last edited by Laryssa; Nov 18th, 2002 at 17:09:52.
    Still new to the game since 15th July 2001
    Still alive and kicking

The better rewards in a teammissions are the rewards of teaming, funcom added them in order to stimulate teamplay, a frix to this wouldn't exactly enhance that thought would it?

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Originally posted by Letah
    The better rewards in a teammissions are the rewards of teaming, funcom added them in order to stimulate teamplay, a frix to this wouldn't exactly enhance that thought would it?
    A frix (sic) wouldn't harm teamplay at all, for three reasons:

[list=1][*]As already pointed out, people can team up and get a mission they can then do solo. It isn't easy to do, but they can.[*]Team players will still take on team missions, even if they don't have to. People LIKE the extra xp and loot they get from higher level team missions.[*]Why would Funcom care? As long as people are paying for the account, what does it matter if they are hunting, soloing, or teaming? Team players don't pay any more to team [/list=1]

That last point is worth reading twice. If making team missions accessible to people who cannot team will keep them playing, then Funcom wins. They want MORE paying subscribers. They should not give a rip how they play.

If giving people the ability to pull team missions without a team would cause more people to pay for the game, what can it hurt?

I agree 100%.

I've said it before, Funcom should not be trying to screw the solo player. It seems that everything in this game revolves around teaming.

Team missions - better loot and quicker XP

Outdoor camps - team mission loot and special loot

Loot Mobs (like Nuggets) - some of the best stuff in the game which is near impossible to get without a team or guild support.

Now, if Funcom plans to never allow a solo player to take missions they should at the very least start adding some of the loot to solo missions (either as chest loot or reward).

However, if they are willing to make a change, I would suggest the following change:

Any player may roll a team mission regardless of teamed status. The team mission will have a selection of six random pieces of reward loot. This player may then invite up to 5 other players if he or she chooses and updating will give the mission to all team mates. From then on, it works like any the current team mission setup. If the player does not chose to invite other players, he will only recieve one random reward upon completion of the mission.

I think the (big bonus in XP) + (time you take to kill) + (added safety) + (higher ql rewards) cause you kill higher mobs should be quite in incentive in itself.

In fact, I think its already too much of an incentive making the solo game not viable at all.

Not to mention that even if you played the game full time for 4 years, it would be very unlikely you even come close to levle 200 unless you are able to solo ql 180+ missions in a timely manner.

I completely agree. For example I need to kill much lower level bosses to get some of the boss loot only items and nano that I need for my chars, if Funcom wouldn't have made some nanos/items boss loot only I wouldn't need to solo team missions.

P.S. I almost always team up for exp.