Thread: How much will collectors cost?

Question How much will collectors cost?

Yesterday, i was sitting on a rock and a little bird came by an sit on my knee. The little bird said: "Hi i m on NW-Beta r u too?"
    I said: "No! but let me ask u a question... How much will the collectors cost?"
    "Oh it will cost a lot!", it said," A QL10 will cost 10millions!"

My eye began to flicker and i ask: "We are a newbie org! How we can get this amount of money?"
    The bird said: "I dont care u have already paid your gametime.." and then it disapeared....

So is that true? We have to collect a lot auf QL1 monsterparts to get 10millions
    Why i should buy NW? Only to findout that is complete useless for new player, that players who began this game because of the booster.

Crowsis

Question sorry but what did you expect?

the minute the price and ql (with tied in vehicle air reqs) of the new yalms trickled into the game it was clear that nw is an add on to coax bored high levels into pvp and sink some of their money on trinkets and toys.

i am sorry that you are disappointed if you expected anything more - myself i am only glad its over now so we maybe - just maybe see something like regular balance/bug fixes again.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

It does make sense you know. Owning mining operations should take some resources. And it will be a most welcome money sink. there is way too much money circulating in the game now.
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

ok u ppl are right!
    i just wanted to know if the prices are right.

tnx crowsis

In an Article Gaute wrote he stated that the Low QL towers would cost around 8.000 per QL. That would put a QL10 Controller at 80.000 Creds. The Turrets is prolly gonna cost about the same. At higher lvls the Controller and the Towers will become more expensive. Cant really say how much but a QL200 Controller will burn a minor hole in your check book. As for the Vehicle, The Aircrafts would prolly start where the yalm ends ie. 15-20mill for the lower one going all the way to several hundred millions for the biggest ones. The ground vehicles shouldn't be to expensive. Roughly the price of a Standard yalm.

What about the personal towers

The "pull" towers or "solo" towers (carry around version) were mentioned.

Anyone know what those will cost? I think if the costs aren't insane, that could be all the incentive the lower levels need...
    || Xhardoc
    || Xharfix
    || Xhar007
    \\--------------------
    Proud member of (AO) Alpha Omega (AO) (RK2)

Unhappy However...

The questions are begging to be asked:

What happens when people find that the towers do cost too much and refuse to buy them?

Or what happends when people simply do not participate with the PvP involving the towers?

What else does NW offer besides towers and expensive vehicles?

QL 200 towers don't cost more than 500k, and I'm pretty sure controllers are around there. I think the turrets/controllers are priced very well, right at the "if you can't afford it you shouldn't have it it anyway" point.

The new ground vehicles are pretty damn expensive too.... oops NDA Kick me off beta.... I wasn't at all impressed,
    Improved grafics, NONE
    Improved sound, NONE
    Towers, YES
    Prohibitivly expensive vehicles, YES

So unless you have tons of cash.... are interested in PVP, and you wanna own a notum mine.... I'd say don't buy it. The voice binds are crap, you can say like 6 things, and all the voices sound like a complete retard was used to record them.

I'm almost sorry I paid for it now.

I hope the final shipment version has the improved graphics and sound, not just new music, which I leave turned off anyhow.

What's 20 bucks anyhow.

Please note this is my opinion of NW as I see it. If there is anyone on beta who has spent more time with it and likes it, please post yours aswell.