Thread: Social stratification

Social stratification

I would like there to be more interesting and fun things to do as lesiure besides a mission. Possibly setting up some kind of gladiator system in the arean. Set up matches between people and allow others to watch and make bets on who wins.

Also would like to see in the "bars" when the NPC girls spar each other, possibly making this actually interesting to watch. Maybe make it possible to bet on a winner.

The bottom line is to have some bottom line. Sure its nice to level and make money but to do what? The yalm is a status symbol, well there should be more. There should be some incentive to the generation of wealth. Possibly some kind of symbol after the players name indicating whether he has 5+m, 50+m, etc. I guess the bottom line is to create some kind of social system.

There is one bar where blond and red spar. Was there a couple times never saw anyone else there ever. I don't remember the name of the place though.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

The social aspect of this game is sorely neglected. It's all about killing mobs and killing each other. FC doesn't even seem the least bit interested in working on anything else. It's all about balancing PvP and PvM... I'm sick of it. There needs to be one, big, fat socially oriented patch.

Originally posted by Intrepid
    There is one bar where blond and red spar. Was there a couple times never saw anyone else there ever. I don't remember the name of the place though.
    Don't recall the name either, but it is just north of the new whompa location in Tir.
    Bima, Golly, Whatsamatta, Laslingis and an army of sub-100 alts

Originally posted by Bhaaz
    There needs to be one, big, fat socially oriented patch.
    I've been saying that for YEARS now!!! Well, hmm... Maybe not years.... but... You know what I mean.... I hope... I think I do... I mean, I think I hope You do...

That didn't come out right

I'm confused
    Ghump - a member of Ragnarok

My hovercraft is full of eels

Originally posted by Bhaaz
    The social aspect of this game is sorely neglected. It's all about killing mobs and killing each other. FC doesn't even seem the least bit interested in working on anything else. It's all about balancing PvP and PvM... I'm sick of it. There needs to be one, big, fat socially oriented patch.
    Amen
    You are 1001% right
    Cyrus "Makarov" Scola (so called creator of never released Kamikazebots)

Kids= 30sec pleasure +18years of suffering.
    Al Bundy

BY WAFFEN:
    The entire free-trade community from North, Central and South America, along with the EU and the rest of Europe, Russia, the former Soviet States, India, Communist China and the rest of Asia along with industrialized Africa (mainly S. Africa) all know what slag is, and use that term regularly.
    So just what culture is being offended by the term "slag"?

So true!!

Yup - this is really needed, it may even keep people here longer!!

(fc read "more money")
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

My thoughts ...

There are lots and lots of social players (well less than there used to be but lots still). These people stick around because of friendships and community, and also to roleplay.

We have been neglected .

Funcom, please .. add some more content for us .. and also game mechanics that support roleplay. This is a way you can make people happy and not affect game ballance.
    - Szentasha
    Leader of Unity of the Rose

AOScripter 2.0 If you need a script, you need AOScripter!

*** Remove Social Armor Restrictions Today !!!

It's this kind of thing that gives a game long term playability. People can get their PvP kicks about anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I love PvP and I'm really looking forward to Notum Wars... but this won't be enough to sustain me over the long haul. Rubi-Ka was obviously a labor of love at one time for the folks at FC. The world is gorgeous and the backstory inspired... they're just turning it into a gigantic PvP arena now... depressing really. AO will forever be an untapped fount of great potential I'm afraid.

Im new to these forums and want to thank everyone for the input.

Ive one question before I post any further comments.

Does any of the FC actually read the forums and implent anyones ideas into the game?

Yes, Funcom definitely reads the forums and occasionally implements suggests from them. There isn't much feedback as to why particular ideas might or might not get implemented and why, but there are definitely changes Funcom makes based on player feedback.

Originally posted by Whatsamatta
    Yes, Funcom definitely reads the forums and occasionally implements suggests from them. There isn't much feedback as to why particular ideas might or might not get implemented and why, but there are definitely changes Funcom makes based on player feedback.
    All those changes - or most anyway - are centered on combat, however. I can't think of a single time there was a social change made based on feedback... and there have been bucketloads of great suggestions.

another possiblity is that WE the players, organise more social interactions and events, we don't need FC to do it
    "some sort of gladiator system in arena" ?
    are you joking ?
    there's a 2vs2 pvp turnament each week (tell halfdek for details) , we did a few 1vs1 and 2vs2 turnament with my guild and a few others. Do you really need FC's help to do something interesting ?
    neophyte Kromoz 200 gimp

yes traders eat babies

Thing is, when I think back to my old pen and paper roleplaying days, the best role playing happened when players were heavily involved in a plot. When they were up to something cunning or clever which required roleplaying.

Basically, to roleplay well we need something to work with. The game at the moment centres around killing mobs and levelling, the only time you have to use your brain is in working out how to get the best implants in. The opportunities for roleplaying are really limited. But at the same time with a player base this big its really difficult to involve everyone in a universal plot.

I think that notum wars should help quite a bit, and perhaps it will present opportunities for more stuff to roleplay with, or at least ideas. Guilds need more support from funcom to develop roleplaying.

The fact that player created missions have been removed was a real dissapointment to me, because that had real potential aswell. It would be nice if it was reintroduced as a proper game mechanic related to notum wars and guilds.
    "When you tread the path of the demon make sure you follow it to the end."

Errr there was a plotline at one point, but it got so screwed up no one pays attention anymore. I was personally a victim of the "Plot" Stupid GM. But anyways.

Player made missions never worked. Probably never will work. This makes those books for storing refs useless also. Think someone got a made mission to work in beta, not that it could ever get picked up by a player. I really would like to see the made missions back in the game as it would make finding gear easier.
    Bill "Rudeboyz" Clinton Nobel Prize Winning Engineer, Crusader for Duct Tape and Reclaim Inspector General of Rubi-Ka Gear

Freshman Bob "Spookyrudy" Dole Buff Dispenser, Sexy Atrox, Master of The Atrox Monkey Love Arts

You were a "victim"? What happened?

At a guess it was that one time Masked commandos raided newland and started shooting people?
    Ezequiell 220/24 Doctor
    Vojoc 220/23 Meta-Physicist
    Bourrepif 218/16 Martial Artist