Thread: Agents and PVP

Agents and PVP

After yet another night of failed PVP attemps, I am still very much in the mind-set that agents have NO place whatsoever in PVP for this game.

My fights :

MA... Roots stuck, TC lagged, Trueshot lagged, Dead.....

Fixer... Almost got lucky cause he was changing guns. fight lasted 20 seconds. Dead.

Trader .... Dead.. Nuf said

Some invisible person that I couldnt even Tab ... Dead.

I could list a few other fights ive had recently but they all end up the same way.. The gimpy agent lying in a tragic pool of Blood and Pus.

I wonder what part of the Scissor, paper, stone arrangement for PVP we will be... Maybe they should add a new one for us, Like Hot butter...... warm lard.... or something equally as squishy and unpleasant. Because thats exactly what the life of the agent is.

Of all the profs, we need something to help us in PVP badly. The crit nanos are crap! By the time they are cast either we are dead or the lag eats up most of the bonus.. Our HP is laughable, our capacity for AC is low ( agi sense armour tends to be on the weak side ) and outside buffs are severly limited as we need all the NCU for Drains to give us even the most fleeting chance.

Try this test......

Log into your main and announce to your Org that you just beat a 181 agent and pretend to be really proud of this achievement and see how much you get laughed at and called a NoOb.

Re: Agents and PVP

Originally posted by Deezlar

Fixer... Almost got lucky cause he was changing guns. fight lasted 20 seconds. Dead.

Log into your main and announce to your Org that you just beat a 181 agent and pretend to be really proud of this achievement and see how much you get laughed at and called a NoOb.
    Er, when i announced your 'Remains of' on synergy chat today they asked me if it was the 118 trader that nailed me with a doc earlier :S I said no it wasn't, it was a 181 agent in FP, and they said 'nice.'

I must get babied alot ...but then again my worst death to an agent was when my blue-beacon's timer was down
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

I dunno. I see an agent in FP trader and I definitely think twice.

And Snardz (rookie agent) and I probably killed about 6-8 Omni in Ent tonight.

well sounds like lag is your problem from reading your post. but i prefer fp sol

GL =]

Ok, first off. Never ever use trueshot vs a melee proffession. you need to be able to spam roots on them with your 300 nano init in mp:trader.

Second, you need hot and gsf or its pointless.

Third, save your tc until you get a lucky hit and as. Then do tc and finish them.

Fourth, be in sneak and land a drain before they are ready.

/Mglo

Hmm this cant be right... I was expecting to get flamed for being a NoOb as i usually do anytime I point out weaknesses and imbalances in agents prof....

Maybe the mature people are left on live and the Kids are all on test with 200 traders and fixers =P

Seeya in MMD or 2ho for another round soon =)

Agents are weak, when they dont go mimic profession. Go Trader and hide and debuff before you start shooting. Agents are an assassination class, made to take down single targets in a short period of time. If you go into mass PvP on a battle field, you are most likely dead meat and your frags are spread all over the floor.

Vanish, appear, debuff, TC, shoot, quit fight, hide again - thats the tactic in mass PvP. And stay always out of the line of fire. You can do much damage, but you shouldnt make yourself to a target.
    No need to PHEAR ME! anymore - Im gone

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Deezlar
    [B]After yet another night of failed PVP attemps, I am still very much in the mind-set that agents have NO place whatsoever in PVP for this game.

Well, let me say like this.. My dear friend Supersolid sure as hell aint no PvP gimp, he's one of the best PvPers on rk2.. and he is a agent.. its probably just a matter of getting your tactics against different professions right, and perhaps some experiense.

Besides, agents have so many goodies .. cant see how you cant do something good with one. .. Experiense?
    James J. Hill: "Give me Swedes, snuff and whiskey, and I'll build a railroad right through hell!"

hmm...maybe we do something wrong...

i tried almost everything there is to be competitive in pvp.
    and i tell you my story.

i think we all agree that an agent has to go some other profession to keep the dream of winning alive.

1.)
    i tried mimic:soldier and put ip into full auto and burst/fling,
    equipped a m150 rifle for alpha and switch to gluegun.

of course i tried x-3 in mimic:soldier too...and Ithaca

Tactic:
    i have to use both crit nanos before i use tms,cause of the nano shutdown.
    bad,i never lived as long as it lasts to UC-----alpha----switch----ES----TMS

ok .so i tried : UC on full off----alpha at full def----switch----ES at full off-----dead (and the asurance i have broken brain-hand link
    ...and agg slider didnt work fast enough.

so i tried assume to be able to cast a higher shield and tms.
    which all turned out to be able to cast mk9 just to get rooted and smashed into pieces after mk was down.

and besides that: the m150 has a crappy alpha so non root-having classes just did more healing than my dmg...

2.-5.)
    mimic enforcer(mongo-heal--able to bring out all nanos--but not enough performance),

Doctor (to bad healing due to 140 penalty in mimic,to slow in assume)

MA (get more crits on longer duration Nano-didnt work out cause dead to early)

Trader-best performance but had to realize that m150-glue is worse than x-3.

so...IPR

i was very innovative as i tried 1h -blunt cause its light blue to agents.also dimach...sneak attack is green.

so i went pipe....and tried to switch to caterwaul cause x-3 has 8 secs equipp time....

forget this try...was funny but totally useless...

so...IPR
    and put into def skills (nano res,evades,parry..)

6.)
    i tried to make something out of x-3 performance.
    best so far :
    mimic:Trader

i threw away my 15% crit scope and went T.I.M

i did some implanting to be able to cast divest(average) which has requs of 621 (remember: mimic penalty is -140 to all nano skills)

this gives me the opportunity to cast AC and ET instead of UC and ES.
    but i must have 86 ncu free to cast Divest and ET.

i found out its senseless to try plunder cause due to the 190%resist i never get it done successfully.

i had some success against soldier which i rooted while mk,but was chanceless against EVERY other prof.
    but didnt try engie which i think is doable.

ok...so i tried to improve this taktik....the problem is i have to bring the opponent down quickly with my first clip (12) cause my hp dont last any longer.

if i have good timing im able to get of aimed and 3 100% crits while AC is running....
    if i have only 2 crits (which is fact 50%) im dead anyway.

that makes approx 2,2k-1,2k-1,2k-1,2k= total of 5,8k

if i have only 2 crits (which is fact 50%) im dead anyway.

so if my opponent lives after 5,8k im dead....and every prof is able to have 5.8k (you have to include a first aid kit and healing)

and i dont do 5.8k against profs who havent this much hp (nullity...)

7.)so i tried to get another crit within my TC.
    what to do?
    get a Fling!

so....IPR and put it into Bow.

im using a Urban Reet Tech now which gives me 2,2k and 4 times 1k ....so i improved a little bit....but still...

ITS not enough to bring em down....Reet has only 10 clip so if it comes to reload im dead.

So im way to slow...the weapons are too slow...or the clip is to small .....and since 14.6 the longer duration crit nanos (ET) became more uneffective.

so I dont know what to do now..except wait to get some love from fc.... (maybe a short duration "pass evade/ac" nano which is only useable every 30 minutes and allowes 60% on aimed shot...) to bring a target down quickly and then be some of useless or dead cause a second attacks me....

i would help with minor team healing in mimic doc or something like that which is at least a bit useful.

iam lvl 193 now..have 5.6 hp...4-5k ac ....T.I.M......358 ncu...recompiler....enregy and phys bracer....and i tried a lot of things...

all those tries are selfbuffed cause i dont have ncu anyway because i have to leave 86 for divest/ET and the recompiler is a must and all opponents were in a range of 8 lvl plusminus.

im wearing some carbonum to get some xtra ncu..and as soon as i hit 200 i skip the exp ring to equipp a ncu ring.

if my opponents have buffs from other profession im messed up anyway i do it.

i dont wanna be a dmg dealer that has a chance in an open fight against combat classes.

i wanna DIE against those profs in open duel...i have NO problem with that.....cause agents are not supposed to be good in open fights....

what i want to be is a ASSASIN!
    pick out a certain target and kill it quickly.
    afterwards escape or die.

maybe you have any advice..this post is long enough now....and belive me i tried all variation of the named mimics,assumes,weapons....

i didnt get my hands on a fiddle rifle..which maybe would be a good choice to switch to glue afterwards....

im willing to duell everybody who´´s giving me a tell....maybe we can work out a tactic together to help me poor gimped agent.
    i have 3 ipr points left---

i will include you in my evening prayers if you come up with a doable tactic...

p.s.:

AC=Absolute Concentration (6 sec/100% crit..usable every 7 mins)
    UC=Utter Concentration (5 sec/100% crit...usable every 10 mins)
    ES=Enhanced Sureshot (17 sec/22%crit....usable every 2 mins)
    ET=Enhanced Trueshot (18 sec/26%crit.....usable every 2 mins)

Maybe i get gnats wing working in mimic trader if im capped in nanoskills....have to find some bm somewhere..

and remember always:
    mimic=-140 nano skills,150% nano cost,-750 nano init

so if i would live more than 3 minutes its impossible to cast ET or ES or any nano twice cause nano pool is EMPTY!

im curious on your input...

Imho the shot line is close tu useless in pvp cause of the recharge time which make u unable to root/stun

Originally posted by Deezlar
    After yet another night of failed PVP attemps, I am still very much in the mind-set that agents have NO place whatsoever in PVP for this game.

My fights :

MA... Roots stuck, TC lagged, Trueshot lagged, Dead.....

Trader .... Dead.. Nuf said

Some invisible person that I couldnt even Tab ... Dead.

I could list a few other fights ive had recently but they all end up the same way.. The gimpy agent lying in a tragic pool of Blood and Pus.

I wonder what part of the Scissor, paper, stone arrangement for PVP we will be... Maybe they should add a new one for us, Like Hot butter...... warm lard.... or something equally as squishy and unpleasant. Because thats exactly what the life of the agent is.

Of all the profs, we need something to help us in PVP badly. The crit nanos are crap! By the time they are cast either we are dead or the lag eats up most of the bonus.. Our HP is laughable, our capacity for AC is low ( agi sense armour tends to be on the weak side ) and outside buffs are severly limited as we need all the NCU for Drains to give us even the most fleeting chance.

Try this test......

What level are you? What weapon are you using. I've had no problems in pvp, when I started, I was lvl 165 and my first kill was a lvl 200 MA and then a lvl 180 trader that same day. And was not using FP/Mimic, or outside buffs. <shrug> What can I say.
    Grupurt Division 9 [RSGE] Ret.
    Second Nanomage Agent To Hit Lvl 200 on RK1

RK1

I win as often as I dont, in case I dont, I have a good plan for retreat to live and fight another time...

Experience will learn you what is smart to do or not, also help to ask ppl with more clue than you, I always does...

Dont expect to win by using head on tactics, attacking superior opponents or using badly tuned equippment, last of all, dont give up
    Hermy
    Shadelore
    Retired.