Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to AO from Dovve

Thanks for all you've done. Best wishes and good luck to you in this and all your future endeavors.

-Z

Thanks everyone for all your support and kindness :)) Sorry to be mushy but reading some of your posts brought tears to my eyes. I'm going to miss so many of you so much.

I know the site I posted about Internet Addiction is not the best in the world. I just used it as it shows the basic ideas behind it for those interested (they are pretty much the same on any site you visit).

I don't need a website to tell me I have a problem, and my decisions were not made based off something I quickly read somewhere. Internet addiction can be a serious problem just like alcohol or drugs and should not be taken lightly. I can tell you from my own experience that my life is pretty messed up from it right now.

Anyhow, I am now taking medication for my depressive conditions and getting help to work though my problems. These things together should head where I need to go.

Thanks everyone again for being so kind, you all show what great people are here in AO. *gives big hugs to all* :))

-Dovve

On behalf of FC's World Design department I'd like to take a bow for Rubi-Ka's number one cartographer.

Happy trails Dovve, keep sharing your talents!

Thanks for playing with us Dovve. I'm sorry your play time came at such a cost, but I'm glad you are doing the right thing and seeking help.

Also, thank you very much for making the source files for your maps available for the community. I'm sure many people will pick up the ball and run with it.

Our thoughts are with you. Take care and get well soon.
    Last edited by Beaker; Nov 19th, 2002 at 01:43:21.
    original author of Helpbot

You will be missed

As many have said, even though all of did not get to know you, I must say your work and passion for this game and the players has been an great asset. BUT reallife and health always comes first and I'm glad you are taking action. It really is scary how addicted we can become. I admire you for putting your foot down and pulling the internet-plug. That's very hard.

Wish you good luck and hope you will live a "normal" life.

*hugs*

ilythia
    fixer
    Last edited by Tharney; Nov 19th, 2002 at 02:09:31.

I wish you the best Dovve. Thanks for all the effort you have made to help us players. I hope you get well, take care.

I'm happy I got to meet you atleast once.
    I wish you the best of luck.

:)

Dovve-

We've not met in-gme, but you're map saved my hide more times than I can remember. Thanks for your effforts - you're a star.

I've just (last month) returned to ao, after 6 months out for similar reasons. It starts to be a problem when you clock over 12 hours a day for 3 consecutive months. Good luck to you m8 - I'm still feeling the compulsion to skip work and fire up ao at 8am.. But - so far so good.

You've won the battle already Dovve. You're there - the rest tis just clearing up.

All the best mate.
    Please allow me to introduce you to the voices:

The voices, the voices! Stop the voices!

The voices are played by, in order of appearance:

Gragoneye - loveable, hugable, with a fondness for violence!
    Servivious - bitter, twisted and a little unhinged..
    Blindhealer - just a little bit out of her depth!

Proud to be First Order!!

I only met you ingame the once.

On the test server. Vergil, yourself and I explored the then uncomplete Subway =]

Was a pleasure to meet you.....

And your map is just the best thing in AO, without the need to camp for it =]

Best of luck...

LN/LV
    Lordvold Fix MA's
    Flxme The ranged alt

"My theory is that this was probably done in some way that it was supposed to end at a given date like 1st January 2010. Back then there was of course no one that would imagine that AO would last past 2010" Eponyx

Unhappy goodbye

and godspeed.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Thanx for all you have done for the AO community,
    and good luck with getting all your problems sorted out.

You will be missed.

Good luck, I wish you all the best. You will always be up there on that big poster in the Subway dungeon of 14.6. I'll lay down a leet doll for you now and then.
    Kind Regards
    Prince "Morphex" Olveda

Agent Professional
    Proud Member of Legion
    [pic] [stat] [eqp]

Unknown: "I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect"
    Scope755: "To all Devs: ISNT SOO COOL TO BE NOT WELCOME IN INFERNO SK TEAMS."

Originally posted by MissMaul
    /me falls to the ground, grabs head, screams

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo....................................... ...............................................
    I second this
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Dovve....I unfortunately never had the pleasure of meeting you in game. I will tell you that I could not play this game anymore without your maps and the game just does not feel right without using your interface. You have a very special talent and I am sad to see you go. Please take care of yourself....you are already on the road to recovery as you have taken the first step and I am confident you will get through the difficult times you are having.

My sister in Law is also Bi-Polar, and I do know the full effects that it can have. I applaud your effort to make such hard descisions to try and get yourself back to where you want to be.

Good luck in everythign you do !

Zeronx

Dovve,

We talked a couple times in game and via emails. You were always one of those people that I totally enjoyed talking to. I heavily pimped your map and gui over at my site and always thought what you gave to the community was incredible and the quality of your work really amazing.

I still remember seeing you at the last b-day party I had and it was great getting to talk to you there.

You will be sorely missed by me if you are unable to continue to be in the game at all. You simply made the game better and not just because of the work you put into the map and the gui....but because of who you were.

Safe travels and best of luck for everything you do.

Your friend,
    Gregg "Tekkor" Alsaqri
    Webmaster of: Agent Sector (Rip 2006)

I never knew you in person but I gather from all these posts wishing you happiness and expressing sadness at your departure that you were one of the... truest people on AO.

You're a quite strong person to break away from this addictive game! I know how it is.. best of luck to you.

We all love your map Dovve, thanks for your time building those. At least your Internet addiction made a lot of people appreciate your work. Its worth something isnt it, even it is just a game

Seriously though, dont be tempted to go back. Stick to your decision. Best wishes!

Not ever meeting or talking to you I just want to thank you for your contribution the community.
    "You shoot me in a dream, you'd better wake up and apologize."

Bye Dovve.

Thank you for the maps, the skins, letting me beta the skins, the implants, and the courage to put RL over online.

You will be missed by the AO community.

goodbye, and good luck!

I wish I had the guts to do what you're doing ...
    --
    Torgman - Clan Fixer
    Torgshaolin - Clan MA
    Torgstash - Clan Trader
    Torgmedic - Clan Doc
    Torgredtape - Clan Crat

Games don't make people violent. Lag does.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast