Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Farewell to AO from Dovve

Thumbs up Huge.

Originally posted by Dovve
    I am currently battling bi-polar disorder (manic depression) and the escapism that a game like AO offers is too much like a drug for me.
    It's going to sound trite, but putting that "to paper" is a huge, huge step, Dovve. As a connoisseur of all things addictive, I wish you the best of luck going forward.

PS - Thanks for your contributions to the AO community. You and your creativity will be remembered.

Dear Dovve, you are truly one of my best friends in the world.. I too suffer from bipolar. and know somewhat of what you are going thru.. I sent you an email.. and will host the files for you forever. I am so sad to see you go.. this is a crushing blow to me.. ouchy ouchy.. all my love and best wishes, God willing, and with the banner up for you in the subway, I guess this is as good a time as any to make your departure..

You made a remarkable and wonderful contribution to this community, and have made your mark here.. remember how much that matters to so many, and how much we all appreciate your hard work and friendship.

Don't be a stranger,

!Emiko

The Anarchy Online community as a whole owes you a big thank you for all of the hard work and time that it must have taken to put your maps together.

Your maps have become the standard for the vast majority of the players in this game.

I am sorry that a hobby for many of us became an addiction for you. At least you have left an outstanding legacy for others to remember you by, a legacy that few will be able to match.

Best wishes and good luck on you efforts to overcome your addiction.

Honbo

Angry

It is a sad day for the AO community, not just friend but everyone.
    It was a pleasure knowing you and pls know you will be truely missed.
    "There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line."

-==Oscar Levant==-

Unhappy

Sad to see you go. Good luck. You have been a great asset to the community.

Although I hate to see you go, I'm glad that you are making the necessary changes for your life. MMORPGs are very addictive and they will ruin your life if you let them.
    -BlueMagic

Blue "Zyian" Magic RK1

Although it's a shame to loose one so dedicated to enhancing our ingame experience (I've used your tools every day since forever it seems), I fully understand and support your decision.

Best wishes and good luck with your (real) life

Your work will always be with us.

- schma
    schma

:: schma ran out of cookies on the 4th of march, 2003 ::
    :: Hitched a ride back with the aliens ::

Dovve,

Best of everything to you whatever you do in life. Thank you very much for your wonderful sefless contributions to the world of RubiKa. Your map is a must-have for anyone navigating the treacherous gas-delimited zones of our little world. Thank you for releasing the masters so that the good work may continue.

Take care,
    Martek

Good bye sweet sweet Dovve!

Your maps and your skins SAVED this game for so many people that I think FC owes you then just a simple thanks.

/me /blowkiss and waves farewell!
    215 MP - Proud member of Band of Brothers

Sad to see ya go
    JapellaZ
    Bureaucrat

'If you think you finally found the perfect light... i hope it's true' -Belly

Good luck on the real life situation. Facing it is hard, but you seem to be on the right track.

Your work and contribution to Anarchy Online and its community has been tremendous and been appriciated a lot. But real life is a lot more important.

I hope Funcom will get your map implemented even with your departure.

Best regards from a happy user of your maps and skins.
    "Should start a combined raid/NW bot, where people get points if they help take down a clan base. Should be most effective." - Said by Waikase 14th of May 2003 in sarcasm to the appearance of the first raidbots on Rk1.

Nooooo! as a newbie you have no idea how invaluble your map has been! Thanks for all the time you spent and I hope the best for you!

Smile Thankyou =)

I just want to say THANKYOU, for all you have done for all of us, It is indeed sad to see you go, but is also good that you are willing to have a brand new start for you real life. I hope you will feel better soon! Just remember life is also like AO, no metter how strong the Mob is, how long it took the Boss to spawn, if you want it bad enough you can do it, and you don't have to do it alone either, get some help from friends (just like AO) and work it out together! Don't lose heart & keep trying and don't ever give up, there's Always a "patch" out there to make it all better!

Take care, and best of luck!
    Alex

Yes, this is horrible news. Dovve, you have contributed more to this community than you will EVER ever know.

But, at the same time I understand both your reasons and your Internet Addiction. While I've never suffered from bipolar disorder, I've seen what its effects can do to a person and those around that person. My own Internet addiction stems from a lack of anything better to do (self employed business owner in wisconsin, yuck) and I heartily congratulate anyone with the strength to rediscover life.

AO can be a great escape from the real world, yet should never replace it, as much as I wish it could

I wish you well and admire your strength during these times
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Good Luck with whatever you do Dovve, you have made the game so much better and easier for many of us, thanks for that it won't be forgotten.
    Azzazzimon

Clan Apocalypse - The guild for models

Account closed.

Now that was a hard post to write! and a sad post to read.

I have no doubt that directing this much energy into your real life you will be happy and successful.

Peace go with you Dovve, thanks for all your work.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Although we never have met i just wanna say thank you for all the work you have done for the ao-cummunity. I know the road you are walking now although not with the same ilness. But putting your feelings on paper and showing it to us is a big step forwards towards a better life. Goodluck with walking that road and know we will never forget you.

Dovve your post was not about sad news.

Even if the desicion is difficult for you, I really want to support it.
    AO is a nice game and a the MMORPG community that plays it is one of the best. Yet your decision is, as you said, absolutly healthy.

I don't know where you are living, but I'm sure that you have some sort of blue sky and (single) sun above your head, and probably many nice people around you. Get some fresh air and enjoy life.

/hugs
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Look after yourself and I hope that things improve.

All the best
    Promoo - Agent, Clan on Rimor
    Still alive but now dressed in spandex and called Big Gun in CoH
    Keeper Of Tiggy

Happy Tree Friends - The best animation on the web

Unhappy

We never really met (I ran into you a couple of times on test), but you have mad a significant contribution to the community and whilst we are sad to see you go, some things are more important.

Good luck & Best Wishes
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast