Thread: An Idea for ADVs

An Idea for ADVs

Heres something I never could understand, ADVs are supposed to be able to blend in out in the wilderness and be able to scout and spy. I know all players use the map to track other players, see a white dot in a pvp zone and you check it out to jump them. Now why not make it so that when a ADV is morped their blip on the map should turn red like any old monster mob out there, thus hiding them for scouting use. This would give advs a important role for the upcoming towers and mass pvp battle, scouts will be important, spotting scouts is not supposed to be easy by just looking at a map. All you ADVs out there gimme your thoughts on this.

Also I would like to suggest a 2he buff for advs like the 1he ones we already have.

Jagdtyger

Talking

Can I just say one thing???

You're a GENIOUS!!
    ?

woot!

Nice idea. This should be implemented!
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

Oops I forgot to add piercing buffs up there with 2he, since there are a few 2he and piercing adv only weps out there.

Jagdtyger

Yeah, this is an excellent suggestion.

As an aside, does anyone know if a sneaking (i.e. invisible) player shows up on the map as a white dot? Clearly, he shouldn't show up at all to those who's perception is too low. That means that the map indicators would have to take the sneaking player's concealment rating and the observing player's perception into account.

Sounds like a good idea to me

Sounds good, just a question though, do you show up as a blip at all while sneaking?

I dont think concealed players show up on the map when sneaking, I know Ive sat in 2ho and other areas with an agent hidden and couldnt see them on the map. Correct me if Im wrong.

My idea is to just make it so that advs while morphed can hide in a bunch of red dots on the map, not make them undetectable in the wilderness but make the ones they are scouting against or trying to hunt them have to pay more attention to their environment.

See a red dot zooming across the map on the ground and you will know it has to be a player moving around, see one just bouncing around like a mob and you will prolly overlook it unless you investigate.

Jagdtyger

MAN WHAT A GREAT IDEA....

I dont even play an adventure, but I believe that class should get this implemented into the game!

BUMP!!

That is an excellent idea, anychance of a response as far as viability goes or is it too diff to do codewise etc??

yesiamstoned 151 nt rk2

And a bow buff

Nice idea I like it

Bump+1

1. Bump

Optional
    2. Add to this the ability to not agro things that the forms would not normally agro (IE a wolf won't agro a wolf, or most other mobs in its area) and forms have a real bonus aside from straight combat. If this makes them too powerful, then make a seperate line of nanos for the sneaky stuff (not leetform, but a full spread of them)

3. Make the all the birdies fly. Are the wings of our low birdforms cliped as part of the nano (IE we can't polymorph a functioning pair of wings)?

Re: An Idea for ADVs

Originally posted by JagdTyger
    Heres something I never could understand, ADVs are supposed to be able to blend in out in the wilderness and be able to scout and spy. I know all players use the map to track other players, see a white dot in a pvp zone and you check it out to jump them. Now why not make it so that when a ADV is morped their blip on the map should turn red like any old monster mob out there, thus hiding them for scouting use. This would give advs a important role for the upcoming towers and mass pvp battle, scouts will be important, spotting scouts is not supposed to be easy by just looking at a map. All you ADVs out there gimme your thoughts on this.

Also I would like to suggest a 2he buff for advs like the 1he ones we already have.

Jagdtyger
    Bump for the MAP suggestions, not for the 2he buffs or piercing. That's enforcer territory. Adv have enough different stuff already to chose from. Surely Enforcers wouldn't want to be a pale adv clone with essence as the 'only' difference.
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

Your a sabertooth, claws slash, teeth pierce :P

Advs had 1he buffs first, so its not really enforcer territory, the idea is that the 2he and pierce would not be as good as their and be like our current 1he/pistol line. By saying its enforcer territory is saying take away their new 1he buffs cause thats adv territory.

Jagdtyger

BUMP

This was the best Idea in a long time! ... *BUMP*

Go post it on the ADV forum too .. =) .. perhaps get more reflections there =)

I have personaly never used my "forms", curently .. Reet, Leet and wolf... The stats they give is crap, not worth it. But this would bring a whole new dimention too the morphing... The only thing that makes me use some morphs is the runspeed, but now I have a Yhalm so thats out of question ....

I say BUMP again ..Agian ..and AGAIN!
    Synaptikk, Adventurer, Omni, RK-1
    Zhaga, Engineer, Omni, RK-1
    Foulplay, Agent, Omni, RK-1

KEEPER OF "ADVBOT" @ RK-1, JOIN!! (read about it)

"Moment of terror is the beginning of life" - Front242

I agree Give me a reason to morph

/applause

Snazziest Idea I've heard since my Team mission Epiphany. This could be even snazzier.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=66121

Check it out everyone. I am interested in Feedback
    "'Techs are your friend! Everyone uses Nano!" - Zaenix
    "Wushu Ninjagirl, smackin mobs like beef slappin on wet pavement" - Rosmarin
    "Never trust a hive-mind" - Sittinpretty (ex-OT mind control subject)