Thread: Overequiped pets/nanos

Overequiped pets/nanos

ok, I know when OEing armor they only become 75% effective when your skills are much lower than the reqs, why not make it the same for pets? With pets if you are not at the reqs they will not listen, let it be if our buffs wear off but it is close they still listen...

Also, nano casters always have to find buffs to be able to cast... With guns once you get them on even after the buff wears off you can use it at full effectiveness as long as your stats are not too far below the reqs. Why not do the same for nanos? If we are able to upload them we should be able to cast them even if our current skills are not high enough, just if they get too low then we cannot cast them.

I understand this might not be the best solution but I seem to find myself using a slightly lower ql nano just because I do not want to find a mp to buff me, then if i die find another mp to buff me...

For pets, it already works this way. OE reqs are 80% of the normal requirement, so if my bot requires 200 MC/TS to cast I'll be OK so long as I don't let those skills drop below 160 each. If my buffs wear off and I find myself Deprived so that my skills drop below 160, the bot will no longer answer to command (although he'll still follow you if he's in follow mode or protect you if he's in guard mode).

For nanos, I quite agree with you. I'd set it up so that the casting reqs on a nano were 80% of the use reqs on the crystal. You'd still have to find an MP or Trader to upload it in the first place and since you wouldn't be able anything you couldn't upload I don't think the change would create an imbalance.

The only area that would need looking at in that case would be the OE reqs on pets. If the cast req is already the OE req of the crystal, it might be fairer to make the OE req of the shell 100% of its use req, not the current 80% (ie. if you drop the use req on the shell you might want to adjust the OE req for balance).

Cheers,

~R~

All this would require rebalancing of all nanos... So imagine how it happens: FC makes 80% rule live, and at some time you IEF suddently got 30% less dmg due to rebalancing, and your best buff have 25% higher reqs .... fun, eh?