Thread: What WAS that?

Question What WAS that?

Turn your wayback machines to August. When I was a newb in Newland forest I saw an event a couple of times which no one ever explained to me.

A huge bright light, like a nuclear explosion without sound, would spread across the land, filling the earth and sky. You could see it approach, then it would envelope you, you would be surrounded by bright light, nothing visible, but the light. It did no damage and it did not heal. After 10 seconds or so it would pass over you and you could watch it recede into the distance.

What was that? Something related to notum energy? I experienced it at least 3 times. No, I do not have a seizure disorder and I am not on drugs.

I think it was a glitch with raising suns.

Re: What WAS that?

Originally posted by hobbes
    Turn your wayback machines to August. When I was a newb in Newland forest I saw an event a couple of times which no one ever explained to me.

A huge bright light, like a nuclear explosion without sound, would spread across the land, filling the earth and sky. You could see it approach, then it would envelope you, you would be surrounded by bright light, nothing visible, but the light. It did no damage and it did not heal. After 10 seconds or so it would pass over you and you could watch it recede into the distance.

What was that? Something related to notum energy? I experienced it at least 3 times. No, I do not have a seizure disorder and I am not on drugs.
    I've had the same when I was waiting at the NW cave in lush fields 2 days ago. That was .. weird and lagged up my PC like hell :P
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Aliens . Probably just E.T. getting drunk and blowing up caves to get Osama Bin Laden to come out of his cave. I do that sometimes too.

Post I saw the same thing

I experienced the same thing a couple of days ago, in the desert by the Oasis outside Newland City.
    The orange blast was scary, and at first I thought it was
    a nuclear blast from some Funcom event, and I tried to run but that was impossible. After it passed I was satisfied for being alive but still dissatisfied that it wasn't dangerous after all, and probably not an event nor related to the so called storyline. I am just as curious to know what it was though.

Maybe it's the Tir virus I keep hearing about

I have seen this huge domed light comming out of the canyon pass from Borealis, following the walls of Holes in the Walls in the direction of the Ditches about 6 weeks ago..

Whatever it was .. was rather intresting..

Rosey

Happened over and over again.. like.. 20 times when I hunted Borgs in Avalon once.

Noone seemed to care much.

Use to happen in Tir a lot too. FUNCOM WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL THAT IS!!!
    Long live the metal
    Death to OT SCUM!!
    Member of the Mercury Dragons
    Divillian

OT sources state: "Atmospheric disturbances. Nothing to worry about."

Nope, no sekrit experiments or such taking place here, move along.
    Pilker, OmniTek Fixer and Happy Traveller.

Root and Run - It's a way of life.

Are you sure? My characters hair is falling out in chunks. Sufferers from constant nausea and projectile vomiting. I want the truth! Yes, I can handle the truth.

PS: Funcom, if your going to irradiate your players you need to make a store that sells hairpieces!

It was the party lights from the Omni-tek all-male commune.... hmmm....

OT sources state: "Atmospheric disturbances. Nothing to worry about."

And Roswell was a weather balloon? We have the T.V. show to prove otherwise! HA!

It's a conspiracy!
    Bet I can run faster scared than they can mad!

Nope

I dont like chicken.
    Shattered Dreams
    http://www.shattereddreams.org

When I first saw that in Holes in the Wall, (lvl 21 Agent my first Char) everyone in my group was all, woow! look, I though(Orginaly) that it was a NT casting Iskimmers Little Nuke(I mean if nothing else High lvl NT spell effects should LOOK the part!)