Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Notum Wars vs. SWG PvP?

Originally posted by PhRoStBuRn
    i liked UO pvp....
    yes it was fastpaced skillbased pvp ! very cool

Post kiddie game

The SWG boards says it all. Take a look. The first 30 posts are always kids posting;
    "1st post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    "f!rs7 p0st!"
    "I r000l cuz I am first!"
    "1st"
    "1st post! u r all suxxors"
    "2nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    "second!"
    "3rd!"
    "I'M THE FIRST POSTER AND YOU ARE MY B**CHES. 1ST POST! (BY THE WAY, I'M NOT TYPING WITH CAPS LOCK, I'M HOLDING DOWN SHIFT)"
    "Third post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    etc.
    you get the idea.

SWG looks real nice and pretty and all, but Its player base doomed it a long time ago.

Not like its any different here

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=72498

Biggest difference is the speed FC deletes posts I would guess

Originally posted by Myga
    Not like its any different here

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...threadid=72498

Biggest difference is the speed FC deletes posts I would guess
    Hahahahahaha!!!

Nice one.
    Neophyte Louie "Jankkar" Strikz - 167 Evil Trader

its just the same people who play AO guys, and as far as grfx goes with SWG..u really want AO like lag? u cant have it all. i would rather have smooth grfx then "good" grfx.
    -Rhalla OMNI Fixer RK2

Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Words from the SWG beta (3 close friends testing, have watched them play it for hours) is that the gameplay is horrendous. Doesn't have the Fast-First-Person-Shooter movement style of AO, more slow like AC/EQ
    Er, is there a switch in the options somewhere that I can turn on this "Fast-First-Person-Shooter" movement style in AO?

AO is more like: Run up to the mob, stand still, shoot and cast Nano-spells. Once the combat starts moving is a BAD thing.

First person shootes (ala Quake) mean you can run, jump and shoot the guy below you while in the air. Try that in AO.

First Person Shooter movement in AO.

Originally posted by AngryCrat
    Whaam

I find it hard to believe that SWG doesn't have better graphics than AO. I've seen the gameplay videos on Stratics.

Current SWG testing is all focused testing in Betas 1 and 2. They disable almost everything and test 1 or 2 systems at a time. I don't see how one can any make broad characterizations when the game is being played/tested like this. The servers aren't up all the time and thus testers are not running around playing on their own. That comes in Beta 3.
    Have you ever seen the type of graphics shown in the Booster Pack video while playing AO? With the 3d camera pans, ect?

A Not So Secret of the industry:
    When you're the person coding for a piece of software, you can use both the perfect hardware and alpha code that won't work anyone else's system except that perfect box you're using to demo.

Any CIO worth his/her salt knows these words by heart: "Yes the demo looks fantastic. Now come make it work that well on one of my systems"
    History admires the wise, but it elevates the brave. - Edmund Morris

The first faults are theirs that commit them, the second theirs that permit them. - Unknown

Did you ever get the feeling that the world had an abundance of idiots? And that God had arranged for you to meet every single one of them before you died? - Kuroshio

Originally posted by Brandon

There will be meaningful RP!
    nerd.......... how will you fit this into your schedule between your job at the comic store, arguing about which is better star trek or star wars, and of course setting up your booth at the weekly SW conventions, haha

anyway, i lost my train of thought making fun of you, oh yea, RP is dumb

LOL X. you r role playing by just participating in the game. You made a persona of yourself that you wanted to be so you could play in a fictional world. Just b/c you dont go deeper and delve into the fantasy while you play doesnt mean your not a roleplayer. So dont bash peeps that do.

lol, triple x.. hehe. (I'm not laughing at your attempted joke)

Please, if RP sucks then why are you playing an mmo**RPG**? Try to give some respect to people who are giving their honest opinions without insults.

StarWars: Galaxies? I'm not sure if it'll be good or bad.. lots of opportunity for it to go wrong, I'll say that much. Yes, I'm also concerned with a dumbed down player base. It'll result in a bunch of stupid gimmicks to satisfy folk. Ugh, I don't feel like giving an example right now.
    Last edited by Zane0; Dec 1st, 2002 at 05:24:31.
    Ernest "Zane0" Bunke - Equipment - Perks
    Obsidian Order
    Advisor

Fix 200+ Engineer Slayers

Originally posted by Zane0
    lol, triple x.. hehe. (I'm not laughing at your attempted joke)

Please, if RP sucks then why are you playing an mmo**RPG**? Try to give some respect to people who are giving their honest opinions without insults.

StarWars: Galaxies? I'm not sure if it'll be good or bad.. lots of opportunity for it to go wrong, I'll say that much. Yes, I'm also concerned with a dumbed down player base. It'll result in a bunch of stupid gimmicks to satisfy folk. Ugh, I don't feel like giving an example right now.
    An MMORPG has as much to do with RP as I have to do with the incidence of Down's Syndrome in Britain. (That is to say, not much.)

The freaks who call themselves RPers are merely delusional and easily dealt with: you can RP in IRC but that doesn't make it IRRPC.

Jeez, whats with all the RP'er H8tred? Believe it or not playing a video game that puts you as a fictional char in a fantasy world IS RPing. Just b/c sumone has more imagination or creativity then you and procedes to "act" like his char so what? You flame RP'ers but more then likey the peeps that come up with games like this and others used to and prob still do RP.

So whats your prob?

Originally posted by cursedcimmerian
    Jeez, whats with all the RP'er H8tred? Believe it or not playing a video game that puts you as a fictional char in a fantasy world IS RPing. Just b/c sumone has more imagination or creativity then you and procedes to "act" like his char so what? You flame RP'ers but more then likey the peeps that come up with games like this and others used to and prob still do RP.

So whats your prob?
    Ehum...no...it's not roleplaying playing a game.

In that case, I would be roleplaying when I play UT...I don't, I shoot people there...I run around and click with my mouse on something my monitor tries to tell me is a human, and I click at it, and the computer tell me that I killed someone. Same thing in ao. I click, I press buttons. I don't think I am any of my characters, I don't try to have cybersex, I don't sit and write "/me holds Crazyhoe's hand", I don't dress up like a fairy and try to have a wedding, I don't run around telling people I am Gnorr the might warelf, I don't try to talk to Hive Guardians to solve their obvious aggressive behaviour, and so on.

I am in no way a roleplayer, nor are too many people in this game.

As for SWG....and alot of 12 yr old americans running around...I am sure they have an ignore command in swg, like ao has...I am sure that u can still kill them (by clicking on them and then pressing down a button or two) and make them cuss u out (hi boarder) and laugh at them. I am gonna try out SWG, it can't be much worse than this...not that lag/support/things to do/patches/bugs/constant changes/nerfs are bad in ao or anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12