Thread: I noticed you get Health and Nano Points when you level...

I noticed you get Health and Nano Points when you level...

...without raising a single Ability.

Anyone know the formulae for these "bonus" points and what they are based on? (breed, profession, both?)

They are, try to shift+leftclick on any ability/skill and you will get a description.

Since he's talking about the points you gain from levelling *before* you raise your skills, then that doesn't really help
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

Yea I wonder about that too, tho i always forget to check b4 i lvl

This was answered in the archive somewhere, but since it's down for the count, I can't reference it.

Off the top of my head, I think:

Atrox get 6 life and 2 nano each level
    Nanomage gets 3 life and 5 nano each level
    Opifex gets 4 life and 3 nano each level
    Solitus gets 5 life and 4 nano each level

Body development and nano pool give 3 life or nano each skill point, except in the case of Atrox and Nanomage. The nano abilities of Atrox are impaired, which means they only get 2 nano for each nano-pool skill point. The body of nanomages is fragile, which means they only get 2 life for each body-development skill point.

And since this is off the top of my head, I may be wrong. I'm certain about the affect of body-development and nano-pool skills on the Opifex and Solitus, but I'm not certain about the rest of the values. Someone needs to doublecheck this.

wtf!?

Opifex get 4hp and 3 np while Solitus get 5(!) hp and 4(!) np!?...that sucks
    Fleh the man-eating lvl 171 sabretooth...oh no wait, that would be PvP wouldn't it...nm then

Actually, it is completely trivial. Remember, both Solitus and Opifex get 3 life and 3 nano for each point of body-development and nano-pool, respectively.

Therefore, two characters at level 50, each with 200 in body development would have 800 life if Opifex, and 850 life if Solitus, just from the life per level and body development. That is less than 7% difference. With 200 nano-pool skill on each character, the numbers gained from level and skill are 750 nano for the Opifex, and 800 nano for the Soliuts. Again, a difference of less than 7%.

Nano using Atrox and physical Nanomages do tend to really feel the pressure. Using the same level 50, 200 in body development and 200 nano-pool, an Atrox would have 900 life and 500 nano, and the nanomage would have 550 life and 850 nano-pool.

This is obviously not including other modifiers, like the life & nano a character naturally starts with, the bonuses from max-life & max-nano implants, merit boards, and other sources.

Thx for clearing that up!

Tradah

Can that be true? I haven't checked but I'm quite certain any breed gets more than 6 points per level. from L1 to 2 gave about 20 to my solitus without raising abilities. That might not be true because that is no longer my main char and it is almost 2 months since I leveled him from 1 to 2.
    -War is not about who is right, it is about who is left.

- L92 MP
    - L7 Enf

3 life, 5 nano, 2 life per point of Body Dev for the Nanomage vs 5 life, 4 nano, 3 life per point of Body Dev for the Solitus.

Wow ****ty deal for the Nanomage. They don't get more than 3 points per point of Nano Pool?

Wait this is incorrect.

Solitus get 7 health points and 5 nano points per level. I took note of it my last two levels.

Depends on your level. You get a nice bonus when you hit a new title, and the higher you are generally the bigger "level" bonus you recieve.

As I said earlier, that except for the 3 life/nano for the Solitus and Opifex, I did not know if my numbers were accurate. I was just parroting what I remember of a post made several months ago.

If each new title gives +1 life/nano per level, it would make sense for everone to have slightly more hp than what I posted. The original post (in archive, which is down for the count) stated he had no clue if these numbers held at high level.

I guess now we know.

Re: wtf!?

Originally posted by Fleh
    Opifex get 4hp and 3 np while Solitus get 5(!) hp and 4(!) np!?...that sucks
    Why do u think u can choose when u create a caracter?
    If they all had the same skills and requiretments, why would we choose between them??

Im sure Opifex have a few advantages that solitus have not.

There is 4 different breeds to choose from...they all are different....what sucks about that?

This is also the matter when it comes to different professions, yet pepole whine for balance and cry their ass off on the forum.

If you worry so mutch about the differences in a computer game, then i suggest u start lookin out your windows and take a good look at whats happening out there. In the real world.

Balance my ***

You can atleast choose in this game, in the real world there are people that can't. Think about that next time u whine

(this post is not ment as a flame towards Fleh, but generaly to all people who whines )

Opifex gets less pr. level, because they have cheaper abilities overall (2 green, only one dark blue).

It's all balanced (more or less) in the end.
    The difference is there for diversity.

Some breeds are better suited to certain professions, but many players do a great job playing innovative concept, like Atrox Nanotech or Nanomage Martial Artists. You just have to put more effort into it to succed with a non-conformant character =)

Erm the above figures are incorrect. I know these are the actual increases as I wrote them down a long while ago (perhaps for title lvl 1, I'm not sure)

Opifex - 3HP 3NP
    Atrox - 4HP 2NP
    Solitus - 3HP 3NP
    Nanomage - 2HP 4NP

As a nanomage at title lvl 5, I get +5 HP and +9 NP every lvl.