Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clannet vs dmg teams is the system fair ?

clannet vs dmg teams is the system fair ?

small post to see what you think
    should ppl who have uniques such as gail hood be in rolls.

this isnt a flame post , i want some real feedback here.
    what do you think about claNnet and how it works .
    should some things be changed ?

i h8 teh dmg teams.
    Splitfridge// lvl 191 omni doc
    Splitbanana// lvl 110 omni trader -_-
    Spitfridge// lvl 53 enf (yeah he probably killed ur alt)
    Splitanut// lvl 22 mp (watch me solo your base)

SPLIT > YOU

I think damageteams on T3 is cool unless we get Omni visitors. If we need to hold back Omni there should be the usual clannetrolls imo. All the people involved in defending the damageteams from Omni should have a fair chance on loot, they're contributing as much as the ones killing Tara.

Agreed. The main purpose of Clannet is to have a share system thats fair for the majority so that we always get enough people out to the raids to fight Omni. No system will make 100% of people happy.

I've been on 24 raids since Clannet, rolled 2 times and lost both rolls. I want that 'hood' as bad as everyone else, but I'm not going to make a damage team and screw my friends over to get it.

As for making a rule like you suggest Speeddlr, imo you think in terms of rules and structure whereas I think in terms of common sence. Yes, under the current rules it is possible for someone with a hood to roll another hood, or for a MP to roll an EoT. Do we need a rule that says they can't? Maybe. But common sence tells me MPs won't roll for EoT and people with GPH won't roll for another. It doesn't need to be made a rule, it's just common sence.

I would like to see how many friends a non-enforcer has left after he wins a roll for an EoT and actually has the balls to loot it.
    Last edited by Armaklaesy; Nov 17th, 2002 at 01:14:28.
    Chadwick "Armaklaesy" Brownwood
    Welcome to my massage parlor. Please put on this towel and Zhok will be right with you.

tell that to the soldier who rolled for the cloak of wandering knight and sold it directly in the forums right after.......i was the only adv to roll for that..and yet she won it just to sell it.
    *cough* kachiflow *cough*

well thats great arm 24 raids not bad but , some ppl work and cant live on rk2 247.
    so to gain 24 points to roll with will never happen for us , just cuz someone has hit more raids since clannet has been up means nothing to me. haveing two chars over lvl 180 ive hit T well over 1 hunderd times and have paid for all the loot i have todate.

so untill somethings change ill not be pvping to save all the lvl 140s camping down stairs..
    not like 1 person will matter , im sure it wont so in closeing i say good luck velvet leaders with your loot system..

Originally posted by Armaklaesy
    I would like to see how many friends a non-enforcer has left after he wins a roll for an EoT and actually has the balls to loot it.
    Hehe I know someone with an idea similar to this, only he says he will auction it off right there instead of looting it himself. Would be interesting to see I think Maybe get it through people's thick skulls about the adv-only items?
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by Speeddlr
    well thats great arm 24 raids not bad but , some ppl work and cant live on rk2 247.
    Yes, Speeddlr and some of us are lucky enough to have computers at work so we can 'live on rk2 247'. Let's not personalize this. Fact is you will still get any item you chersh the most eventually! As time goes on you will build up your raid points, even if you aren't building them as fast as others. Diocj2 will win his hood and have his raid points reset to zero. I will win mine and be in same boat, but you will keep your raid points and eventually you will have 24+ raid points when everyone else has 5-10. People only talk damage teams when they are too greedy to wait for something they feel they deserve to have right now.

Just be patient young grasshopper. We've all been doing raids long before clannet too, but you don't see us beeting down doors for the items we don't have yet. It will come!
    Welcome to my massage parlor. Please put on this towel and Zhok will be right with you.

SUM1 GOT SPAER ITAM FUR MEH?
    NEED ITAM AND CREDATS FUR NEW PLAYA PLEAS!!!

/TELL LORDCREDWYR
    Lordbedwyr 213 SOL RK2
    Ghandalf 201 DOC RK2
    Bittersweeet 182 NT RK2
    Fantazmia RK1

Originally posted by Ghandalf

/TELL LORDCREDWYR
    /me hits the mute button on Bedwyr
    Yagyu for life

/me hits the stfu newb spam button on Kaiousama
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Originally posted by Sbje
    /me hits the stfu newb spam button on Kaiousama
    Shh you, I wanna change my title
    Yagyu for life

Originally posted by Ghandalf

/TELL LORDCREDWYR
    Where's Yy when you need him?

I do not think that any system will ever be liked by all and claimed to be "unfair" by all those that disagree with it. Since fariness is a bit of a perspective issue, I don't think holding this to a gold standard is appropriate.

The attempt to incorporate damage teams was an attempt to give those that did not agree with the system an out. (again...www.aoguildleaders.org ) It has since been blamed for the downfall of the clans at tara....an easy target perhaps but not likely the culprit. Those that take a good hard look at what when down will realize that.

My entire intention was to make a system that was less refractive to intervention, ie. more stable. Damage teams to prevent disruptions in 1 and 2, a guild-based system of administration such that people felt that they each had a person on admin that was fair and represented them.

Other suggestions like restricting individuals to 1 or 2 of each item were to prevent people seeing items as the equivalent of credits with better investment potential and so that they people that got the items were the ones that could actually use them. I have realized that expecting people to use common sense is completely over hopeful.

Alas, the only sugesstion that actually got acknowledgement (damage teams) and was agreed upon was not held up in action. All other suggestions, even if they received acknowledgement were NEVER acted upon and no conclusions were made.

Speed, it is thoughtful of you to try to raise discussion on this subject. However, unless a system of Action is put into place where everyone feels they have a voice in what is "fair", all thoughts will dissapear into the ether.

/me forces Lordebedwyr's NCU to run "Yy Script of Begging"

I think any system with out Armaklaesy's Omni loving Butt in it would be good.

He is the reason Omni are back at tara... Thank you Clannet..

SYB

Tarasque is only halfway fun with Omni anyway.. what're you whining about? And it means more loot because more GS are easier to open.
    ~Chris

As far as I can tell Clannet is the fairest way to distribute loot from Tara raids.

Look at Arma He as at least 24 raid points. That 24 times in was not in a roll. This frees up the not so uber T loot for other players that don't get to every raid.

Lets say Dragon wing and dragon skull and a GPH drop.

Who is going to roll for the Wing and skull. A smart person with only a few raid points can have a very good chance at the wing or skull. He would never get that chance if everyone was in every roll like it used to be.

Clannet allows for the people who want the really rare drops To save points and get a good chance at the items they want. While giving someone with not much time a greater chance at lesser loot and still get a chance at much better loot.

Stromsurgeii
    Current only active level 200 clan NT RK-2 hmmm I mean Gimp

Originally posted by geal
    tell that to the soldier who rolled for the cloak of wandering knight and sold it directly in the forums right after.......i was the only adv to roll for that..and yet she won it just to sell it.
    *cough* kachiflow *cough*

Adv item(loot) = Only adv rolling
    MA item(loot) = Only Ma rolling

etc etc

Can i be more fair??
    The way of omni :P

See y all at T
    -Sannoz Rk2 210
    -Sannoz4 Rk1 180

"Sigh well back again "

Exactly, I don't roll for stuff I don't need. People are just too greedy. I got stupidly lucky at T one time, and one person was sooooooooooooo greedy to get the item over everyone else, that they gave me an insane amount of loot to get the item they wanted (GPH).

In the end, people got mad at me, others got jealous, and I got tons of phat lewt right off the bat. Imagine how pissed regulars were (Spyderv to name one) when some stupid n00b came in, cause only one person was willing to let this poor doc in on the jist of things and she got the prize when he did all the work.

Now everytime I go to T (assuming there WERE any going on in RK1), I got invited to the damage team cause I was one of the few docs with the balls to even go down there anymore. Since that first one I've only rolled for one freakin' loot for an item I DIDN'T have. The only ***** I have is that everyone else who is sick of getting the short end of the stick, have ruined it for the rest. No high levels = no T raids at all. Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised that Clan has won every single T raid for the past 3 weeks.

Everytime I log onto Acambot, it's basically an OOC channel, used to entertain each other and then get the occassional "Is there a raid?!" only to say, "Raid? What's that?"
    Olivia "Haminie" Nguyen - Current Setup - 220 Doctor
    "Intrauterine" Device - Current Setup - 220 Shade

Haminie - Slightly less than twice as uber as Chanelle

To [Destromane]: I'm not a horrible player ;p
    [Destromane]: just a horrible person

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast