Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Its hard to kill people at PvP in this game.

Its hard to kill people at PvP in this game.

Maybe its because I played Quake3 for a year that I say this but killing ppl in PvP in this game is quite long.. Last night I was fighting a guy it took us like 15min to end the fight. In 2ho unless your opponent in stunned, rooted, drained and got a bunch of heavy damage dealer on him, he's hard to kill... Its kinda absurd that it take like an army to kill one guy. Im not talking about healers or anything like that but everyone in general. Everyone use Sheild AC, HP buff, GSF, Absorb sheild and such, everyone manage to zone before getting killed no matter where they are. Yes Im complaining here cause thats what theses boards are made for. I just hope NW fix this. Towers wil probly be set in remote area w/out zone so we might be able to get some kills(no PvP point, just the fun of seeing Remains of ....)

yes it has become that way.. everyone is moving slowly towards the defensive side of things instead of offensive.

3 months ago i was wearing a 15% crit scope fighting at 100% Aggro all the time 100% dmg 100% specials..

now I fight mostly all at def, dont use a scope, dont rely on crits..
    I went into ent with Sodie stromm nvalia and some trader.. I managed to tank all 4 for quite some time, the trader was hitting me for single digit numers.. that felt good. at half health i calmy cast TMS and ran to the nearest store.. somehow resisting enough roots to get away.

so if i can easily survive a 4 on 1 .. and so can many many other classes. people only die by lag, when they let themselves, or if they get caught by ALOT of people.
    Legion

|| 220 || || Soldier || || Obligatory Equipment listing ||

If you are going through hell, keep going.
    -
    Sir Winston Churchill

Damn those gankers never stop heh..

Only one reason it takes so long and that is the friggin crit nerf

50-40 rule was bad, it made things take a whole lot longer but you could live with it, now damage in pvp in this game is peanuts and healing is 10 times it.

Edit: check this out too

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...776#post859776
    Last edited by Stromm; Nov 17th, 2002 at 00:11:19.
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

The reason behind this is the whole title system. Many people are so afraid of loosing that precious title that at the slightest chance they may loose a fight they head straight for the nearest zone. It's pathetic. The system needs changing.
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

Originally posted by Nothinman
    yes it has become that way.. everyone is moving slowly towards the defensive side of things instead of offensive.

3 months ago i was wearing a 15% crit scope fighting at 100% Aggro all the time 100% dmg 100% specials..

I went into ent with Sodie stromm nvalia and some trader.. I managed to tank all 4 for quite some time, the trader was hitting me for single digit numers.. that felt good. at half health i calmy cast TMS and ran to the nearest store.. somehow resisting enough roots to get away.

so if i can easily survive a 4 on 1 .. and so can many many other classes. people only die by lag, when they let themselves, or if they get caught by ALOT of people.
    This is the perfect example of why NT's need more nano. Against anyone with RRFE or insane HP/healing, I run out of nano so quickly. Was fighting a doc in omni arena yesterday, actually agreed to duel one on one. After dishing out all my nano and being at 4/5 healths (WITH A STIM LEFT FOR GOD SAKES) I realized I just had to run. If fights are going to last for 10 damn minutes now I need a much better HE.

Too beat a doc you need 4 things. A doc to slow down the other doc, a trader to make him cast not-so sucky heals a Fixer to spam root for 5minutes and an Enforcer with a very good attack setup. You also have to make sure that theres no zone close. If the fixer doesnt spam root during the whole fight, the doc will manage to run. A MP chain casting NSD would be nice too. I am very serious by the way.

That is such baloney, insida, and I think you know it. Any one of those things by themselves is more than enough (except maybe roots). We are not Gods, as most people like to try and make us out to be.

to sheffy: /prostrate, *tosses Insida into a fire as human sacrifice*
    Experienced Patk9
    Level 220 Clan Advent
    Patk8 206 Trader
    Rubi-ka's 1st Adventurer Neophyte and Experienced

Originally posted by Insida
    I am very serious by the way.
    I bet you have lvl 170+ doctor with best equipment possible to get in ao?
    Two sisters practicing medicine on Rubika and Shadowlands Pomy and Julka.

As a doctor i would prescribe you to use some common sense and a vacation to Real Life"

If i ever start a new character in Eve i will choose a name something like "aieerjjnnvajjnasdio11e3".

this isn't a flame but... me and skymarshal let loose 2 on 1 full out holding nothing back 2 on 1 against Pris401 in the arena. she had rrfe i think and thats it.

she kileld sky, then killed me.. well we didnt die but he just sat down at 10% hp and didnt shoot back.

so 2 very high lvl soldiers equipped pretty well holding nothing back cannot kill a doc 2 on 1.. that is lower then them in lvl.

now id be mad if the doc could kill me... but a doc cant. I can TMS and get away with very little effort.. i acutally feel kinda sorry for docs because only traders will duel them ; /
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

now id be mad if the doc could kill me... but a doc cant. I can TMS and get away with very little effort.. i acutally feel kinda sorry for docs because only traders will duel them ; /
    And agents mimic trader Divest + Concentration = ouchie.

I don't think the new Soldier nano is a *bad* thing. I just think it will make fighting Soldiers a bit more interesting. Hell, maybe I'll get a few more duel requests now. I've been feeling lonely enough as it is watching everyone else duel while everyone else tells me no.

I'm totally outta the loop what is this new soldier nano?
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

I don't know the name, and I'm probably not supposed to know about it either, but it's leaked all over multiple forums already from beta testers -- so it's "ok" to talk about. It will effectively stop the target from receiving a complete heal from a Doctor or an Adventurer.

I don't know details on nano cost, cast/recharge time, range, or %resist.

Sheffy, I see doc in 2ho getting alpha'ed by sols, rooted, nuked and they alway manage to survive long enough to zone no matter where they are. All they do is chain heal over and over and they get into a whompa or bunker before they die. Thats why you need aanother doc to Slow their init so they dont CH too fast and a stun stop them while someone chain root them. But thats pretty much good for every proffessions in this game also, just that doc can tank alot.
    Last edited by Insida; Nov 18th, 2002 at 04:44:06.

I wouldnt call what you were doing as tanking.. you would jump in let of your specials on one of us then maybe just maybe two or MAYBE three of us would get a lock on you before you zoned. Then you are so close to moving out of sight that it doesn't matter anyway.

If you got anywhere NEAR 65% then you would slowly move away.

And god himself only knows where you ended up when NOBODY was there except you and me and I was smoking you when you just plain disappeared.

I know some of you are pretty experienced and a lot of you know how to bend the rules a bit and all sorts of little tricks but to respond to you you are way killable if you'd only fight and not /quit or whatever the hell you do.

Yeah you've gotten me a few times while fighting others you'd get your gank kill but to say you were tanking the four of us is pure fantasy.

yeah i tanked 4 of you for a good period of time.. actually was expecting to die, but i made it out. i started out fighting sodie but after 5 mins or so we were both at 100% health so she left me alone. i came back and u, sodie,stromm and some trader had me all aggroed and chain rooted in the arena. I TMS'ed at 50% health and got away.

did you think i was just gonna let you all kill me? 4 on 1? i played around for abit knowing id never kill any of you... id hit stromm to 50% hp hed back off.. same with you.. sodie was outside buffed couldnt touch her.

oh.. and FYI theres no way you can smoke me.. ill fight you self buffed and kill you anytime.
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Originally posted by Novalia

And god himself only knows where you ended up when NOBODY was there except you and me and I was smoking you when you just plain disappeared.

Yeah you've gotten me a few times while fighting others you'd get your gank kill but to say you were tanking the four of us is pure fantasy.
    rofl I hope your not trying to deny the time you would burst me and pound me from outside the arena where i couldnt attack back?

then I zoned out at 60% HP and killed you? : /
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

yeah i tanked 4 of you for a good period of time.. actually was expecting to die, but i made it out. i started out fighting sodie but after 5 mins or so we were both at 100% health so she left me alone. i came back and u, sodie,stromm and some trader had me all aggroed and chain rooted in the arena. I TMS'ed at 50% health and got away.

did you think i was just gonna let you all kill me? 4 on 1? i played around for abit knowing id never kill any of you... id hit stromm to 50% hp hed back off.. same with you.. sodie was outside buffed couldnt touch her.

oh.. and FYI theres no way you can smoke me.. ill fight you self buffed and kill you anytime.
    Are you sure there was a trader?can't remember :S

...because if you were drained and had an mcs on there was no way you wouldve gotten me to 50% :P
    "A man is someone who has a cause he's willing to fight for and has a woman in his life he'll do anything to protect."
    -SDI Ssgt. Port, USMC, MCRD Parris Island S.C.

Experienced Stars "Stromm" Nstripes - Retired

Fun stuff: 1 2 3 4 (NEW!!)

yeah im sure of it.. he didnt drain me prolyl cause i had to fight 90% from outside the arena and he couldnt target me to cast nano's. if he had drained me i would have died or ran : /
    Legion

-
    Sir Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast