Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why 18h ?

Originally posted by Neurofreeze
    Random respawn times wouldn't do anything. Instead of getting to Tarasque in time for the respawn, guilds would just camp out. Entire T-killing teams would just camp out in shifts.
    I don't think so. I don't think players will stay at tarasque respawn place, doing nothing, for 4, 8, or even 18h... Tarasque could respawn at anytime, they will just waste their time if they do that. They will have to wait, just wait, doing nothing... if they wait in safe zone, they can't see if T respawn, so they have to wait in PvP zone, and have a high chance to be attacked by other side. If they are afk, they will miss the respawn, and somebody else will kill T... if player wants to camp a mob with random spawn time, they REALLY have to CAMP: stay there and wait. No, nobody will do that, or at least, not enought players will be ok do waste their time like that.

Re: Why 18h ?

Originally posted by Telemak
    Why 18h spawn on Tarasque? (and other unique mobs)
    Simple;

To make it so you either have to chose to be an elite AO player, or to have a real life. As all other MMORPGs, having a life and being a casual player shall not reward you in any way.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

Why not have multiple 'mirror' dungeons. Isn't SoM like that,
    where one dungeon can only hold so many people? Why not make it a maximum of say.. 40 people per dungeon, each one with it's own Tarasque? Spawn time of 3-4 hours to encourage
    good rotation. I don't know if it'd work, but it sounds good to me.
    "Ideas are more dangerous than guns.
    We wouldn't let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?"

Re: Re: Why 18h ?

Originally posted by eaze

Simple;

To make it so you either have to chose to be an elite AO player, or to have a real life. As all other MMORPGs, having a life and being a casual player shall not reward you in any way.
    Dead wrong. I play in excess of 5+ hours per sitting on days off,
    with a minimum of 3-4 on days I work. I'd hardly call myself an elite,
    but I'm certainly not casual. Here's something new: People
    shouldn't have to choose between a real life and a game! That's
    one decision NO PERSON should have to debate over. Not just
    because of common sense, but it's wrong. FC doesn't care if
    you're elite, they get their monthly fee, either way. You shouldn't
    have to camp an area like a damn idiot just for some loot. FC
    recognizes why the economy is so screwed up, and here's one of
    the biggest reasons. Elitism. Uber guilds and apparent 'no life
    having' players (Said it yourself.) loot the guy and sell it for
    insane prices. Why? Because they know no one else has the time
    to sit on their ass 10-18 hours, or have their life revolve around a
    spawn? If more people had access, the prices would go down a lot.

I'm not saying make it super easy, I'm saying make it more
    accessable. An 18 hours spawn is a problem. 5-6 is semi realistic
    for the type of loot he drops. Either way, SOMETHING has to change.

Quick numerical analysis of Tarasque spawn times.

Given that under normal circumstances, servers go down most often on Wednesday in the morning for the GMT time zone, and assuming generally are back up by Wednesday in the afternoon for the GMT time zone.

When the servers come back up and the 18h spawns are out and ready to get whacked, it will be early afternoon for the GMT time zone, mid-morning in the EST and CST time zones, and early morning in the PST time zone. Any person who has a job or who attends school full-time in all four of those time zones cannot be on to get the goodies, but it's very safe to assume that the people who can be on, kill the big spawns as fast as they can.

18 hours later the mobs spawn again. This time it will be Thursday mid-morning in the GMT time zone, early morning for EST and CST, and excrutiatingly early for PST. Once again, people who have to sleep, or who have a day job, are kept out.

So then 18 hours later the mobs spawn again, very early Friday morning for GMT, very late on Thursday night for North America. Some people in North America might sacrifice a few hours of sleep to camp their items now... but they still will have to compete with the people who don't need to work.

So out of the first four spawn periods of the 18h mobs following the 'standard server reboot' on Wednesday, people who have day jobs - in all time zones - will realistically be able to make an attempt at one of them.

On the weekend all bets are off, but then, there is more competition on weekends too, by and large.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

I agree 100% Jynne.
    When im in holidays i can do a lot of Tara raid, but its not all the time (and i also have a real life )
    Plz reduct T spawn
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Re: Hmm...

Originally posted by Skara
    Make the items NODROP UNIQUE, and have code in place to guarantee you get an alternate item from the drop list if you already have what it wanted to give you.

Skara
    Surely that would just devalue tara loot, it only sells for such idiotic amounts coz it's so hard to get hold of. From what I've seen it isn't even that great any more, Dragon is no longer the best armour, there are equal armours more easily got. GPH looks like the only thing worth getting.

My opinion - ditch Tara altogether, or make an Omni version and Clan version. This forum is what stops me even going to Camelot
    Sig sigue sputnik

Originally posted by Taxe

I agree that diffrent uber mobs, with same power/loot value as Tarasque could be nice. But I think the most important thing is a random respawn time, like 4-18h. Random respawn time = no more camping.

hahaha. That argument doesnt work. Random timer = less camping is NOT the case. It just means that people have to hang out there that muchy longer.

I recently did the dodga quest for my alt. I did it a long time ago when it first came outr and TK was spawning every 15 minutes or whatever. Easy quest,.

I spent 4 DAYS at TK this last time. I didnt camp him less, I camped him MORE. FAR FAR FAR longer than I ever had to in the past.

Random tyimers do not = less camping, they = more camping.

Plus, with 18 hours, it will eventually spawn at a time workable for EVERY time zone in the world. So everyone gets a chance.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Taxe

I don't think so. I don't think players will stay at tarasque respawn place, doing nothing, for 4, 8, or even 18h... Tarasque could respawn at anytime, they will just waste their time if they do that. They will have to wait, just wait, doing nothing... if they wait in safe zone, they can't see if T respawn, so they have to wait in PvP zone, and have a high chance to be attacked by other side. If they are afk, they will miss the respawn, and somebody else will kill T... if player wants to camp a mob with random spawn time, they REALLY have to CAMP: stay there and wait. No, nobody will do that, or at least, not enought players will be ok do waste their time like that.

You havent been to TK lately have you?

And he doenst even drop good loot, just a quest part.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

18hours only makes it good for ppl with no job and that can go to every raid

going to one raid is like buying one lotto ticket a month whereas ppl who go to all raids get another lotto ticket everyday does that seem fair to all doesnt to me

i can see 8hours maybe but 18hours that just silly math

most ppl dont get a chance at the tara loot due to this fact

that is why i suggest make another tara type mob and if it spawns every 18hours then it will be fine cuz u get twice as much chance at such unique loot

make them 9hour difference to one another so that every 9hours there will raid for ppl to do and that would be alot better for all ppl
    Originally posted by Wrangeline

You can dip ure cookie in my chocolate milk anytime

I got yer cookie baby come and get it

Originally posted by SplitFridge
    if spawn time was 2-3 hours then lots of people would NEVER be anywhere outside of camelot.
    and then it would also make the loot worth a lot less.
    more fun to have it 18 hours.
    yeah look at the mobs which don't have timers but are part of quests or a spawn when you kill their placeholder mobs.

No one kills them nearly as religously as tara or the other 18 hour spawns. the timer makes for natural raid organization.

and right now on both servers i think there are 3 taras running. So when you think of it its like tara is on a 6 hour spawn.

Talking bwahahaha

Originally posted by Shubalubdub
    The spawn is eighteen hours because that has been scientifically determined to be the *best* spawn time for an ubermob. I read it on the Internet so it's true.
    good one.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

It's an 18hr camp coz u need to consider the following:

pre-spawn

ppl need time to set up camp and ***** and moan for a while
    the raiders holding tara need alot of time to move through the zone / lag / go ld
    bot admins' need to figure out a new excuse to rig the lottery

post-spawn

UberNinja needs to appear like a lagged as f00k shadow to steal the loot
    ppl need time to leave, think of something to ***** about and come post on this forum

after all that it's about time for *****-camping again

**** Make Tara as tough as Ian Warr or reduce that fkin mobs godliness ****
    Sig sigue sputnik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12