Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why 18h ?

Why 18h ?

Why 18h spawn on Tarasque? (and other unique mobs)
    In T raids its 10min of fun (time to go in the good GS in fact..), and some hours of camping, and semi-afk.
    I think with a more little spawn time on T that will be more fun.
    Why ? :
    More pvp, more loots, more fun, more people interested by raids.
    With a spawn of 2-3h, people have time to rush a lot in Camelot, die sometime and have more chance to get loot.
    With a 18h spawn its 1 chance for 60...... And really no pvp, maybe 1 rush (maybe)
    Its really not fun, please its possible to reduct the T spawn?

ps: sorry for my english its not my natural language

if spawn time was 2-3 hours then lots of people would NEVER be anywhere outside of camelot.
    and then it would also make the loot worth a lot less.
    more fun to have it 18 hours.
    Splitfridge// lvl 191 omni doc
    Splitbanana// lvl 110 omni trader -_-
    Spitfridge// lvl 53 enf (yeah he probably killed ur alt)
    Splitanut// lvl 22 mp (watch me solo your base)

SPLIT > YOU

The price of loot going down is exactly what we need, AO's economy is still messed up, and with this we can help make the economy normal again.

Its what i think to. If the spawn will be more short, HPO, GoC, Dragon Parts, will not sell for a crazy price.

Originally posted by SplitFridge
    if spawn time was 2-3 hours then lots of people would NEVER be anywhere outside of camelot.
    and then it would also make the loot worth a lot less.
    more fun to have it 18 hours.
    Yeah, we need to get the rest of those people out of Home.

And let's say the spawn was changed to 2 hours (9x current rate) or 1 hour (18x) but the drop rate of items was changed to be only 2x or 3x the current rate. You'd still get the extra fun of killing the bastid more often, a bit more loot to spread around, and it would still be worth something. It would also give more people a chance at the big T, rather than having the same group/groups fighting over him every time.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

What would really be fun would anothr 18h ubah mob in a mayham zone.... Now that would be ubah and more like guilds would stick together....
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Originally posted by Oldskule / Ternak
    What would really be fun would anothr 18h ubah mob in a mayham zone.... Now that would be ubah and more like guilds would stick together....
    I agree that diffrent uber mobs, with same power/loot value as Tarasque could be nice. But I think the most important thing is a random respawn time, like 4-18h. Random respawn time = no more camping.

Re: Why 18h ?

Originally posted by Telemak
    Why 18h spawn on Tarasque? ......

Simple.

Tara wears an 18 hour bra

Re: Re: Why 18h ?

Originally posted by Zipcat

Simple.

Tara wears an 18 hour bra
    tara is a he, a drqagon from french a mythology

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Men wear bras. Maybe Tarasqe has btchtits.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

didn t know tara was from a french mthytology

dont care where taras from , the 18h spawn time is justifable . Anything else would just mean a 24/7 camp of the castle which imho would be no fun at all .

So what's wrong with constant PvP in the castle? Sounds like fun to me.
    Heals - they're not just for tradeskills anymore
    Hypos omni doc RK2 <-- stupid enough to have thought that going past level 150 would help her be a better doc
    Phlair omni mp RK2 solo char
    Nerfbat omni enf RK2 awarded the hammer of braveness
    Shadow Ops

It should be more like a 5-6hours which will make it easy for ppl who are not hardcore or ppl who have lives outside of AO will have a chance at joinin a raid daily or every other day and not once a week like i usually see as my chances now with the 18h spawn

thanx this will be good idea

which would you rather have mobs like tarasque where you know when its going to spawn and can get teams ready for it or more of these outdoor mobs you have to kill lackeys to spawn then try and find a bunch of teams to come kill it.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

I agree with cuting down the respawn time. I have a life and I don't want to spend forever and a day trying to get a item from a creature who only shows up when theres a blue moon out. I've only been in a couple of dungeons in game for that reason. I also believe in the motto get in/get out. I think it would be a nice also that if you complete the quest you cant do it again for say a week or two. Besides my wife becomes more fearsome than that dragon will ever be when I've been playing for too long.

why 18hr?

Simple

To make the evercamp people feel at home.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Post Hmm...

A big part of the 18H spawn time (spawn times period for that matter) is about 9 months ago the game got away from Funcom.

A Funcom official wrote (I believe on their main newspage) that they expected only a handful of lvl 200's by the end of the 4 year story arc.

At that time, there were already several 200's and people in the upper 100's.

People were able to OE more than Funcom anticipated due to a very creative player base, and a few exploits didn't help the situation either.

Bottom line is, Funcom didn't have any high level content in place. Either they thought they had time to program it and add it to the game, or they thought PvP would be the high level content.

Either way, in a desperation move they opted to copy EverCamp to add some high level content to the game as fast as possible to prevent a further exodus of high level players.

High spawn times are a lack of time, or maybe even creativity, to program something a bit more complicated with more detail that provides gamers with activities (no, watching TV for hours or just chit-chatting waiting for something to pop again should not be considered an in-game activity) to improve their characters and be a part of the story.

Since the game is what it is at this point, how about every team that enters the dungeon and fights Tara gets a team mission icon (just like any other team mission) and the team with loot rights would automatically have each team member get 1 item that would drop. Make the items NODROP UNIQUE, and have code in place to guarantee you get an alternate item from the drop list if you already have what it wanted to give you.

Also, decrease the spawn time. There is no way making the spawn time high makes the game more fun. Again it just makes it easier to program. Instead of providing real in-game activities to finally reach the objective, you are willing to take that off of their hands by camping (again camping = no game activity = not fun).

I am surprised some people actually think the long spawn makes the game more fun. I can only attribute that to the TV-Surfer mindset. You want to watch TV so you surf around and finally settle on whatever is there. The fact that EverCamp was successful doesn't make camping fun, it just means that is what people settled for at the time.

Forget the reasons why people think camping is justified, how many people here actually enjoy camping and all that is associated with it? I don't. Camping means I am not playing the game at that time. I know people in EQ who have had people page them when they were through camping so they could get out of bed and camp for the item.

This is a game. A game should be fun and the game should be designed to revolve around lives not have people revolve their lives around a game. That is what camping does.

As soon as a game that handles high level content and rare phat loot without camping is released, people will look back and laugh that they actually camped much less thought it was fun to do so.

Skara
    Last edited by Skara; Nov 30th, 2002 at 20:15:35.

Originally posted by Evil "Evilspork" Spork
    Men wear bras. Maybe Tarasqe has btchtits.
    It's not a bra, it's called the bro.

Originally posted by Taxe

I agree that diffrent uber mobs, with same power/loot value as Tarasque could be nice. But I think the most important thing is a random respawn time, like 4-18h. Random respawn time = no more camping.
    Random respawn times wouldn't do anything. Instead of getting to Tarasque in time for the respawn, guilds would just camp out. Entire T-killing teams would just camp out in shifts.

The spawn is eighteen hours because that has been scientifically determined to be the *best* spawn time for an ubermob. I read it on the Internet so it's true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast